Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
josephzy

What To Do With Big Square Living Room

I am really headache about my living room. Not sure how to deco, how to place my tv and the sofa, and anything others.

Basically the reason is, it's really big and SQUARE!

People says sofa is better to against the wall, and face the door of the house. But if i do so, I don't have wall to set up my tv.

And we also plan to put the dinning table at the living room just besides the sofa.

Any ideas would be appreciated, wonder how would people arrange it if you have the same living room? Thanks alot!

FloorPlan.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

floorplanb.jpg

I do have square living room but my bed room is led by a corridor which I am pleased abt. I ve seen my other neighbours who seperate the living dining into 2 which makes the livnig so cramp and small compared to mine... my living, dining side by side.. so ample space for my kid to run around infront the TV.

What u can do to add more privacy to your bedrooms is to put a feature wall cum TV console right before ur bedroom doors. This will also act as a false corridor that lead to ur bedrooms. Ur sofas will be placed against the wall right beside the balcony. So u will be able to enjoy the view, breeze even when seating inside... another plus is that the sunlight will not glare the TV screen.

Ur dining table... opt for slim rectangle ones so that u can use up the length of the space. Place it beside the sofa which nearer to the wall of where ur store is. U can have those build in benches with storage. Hopefully this helps...