Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hwaa

Humble Reno At Yishun Dew Spring.

told the ID i wanted a dining table built in coming out from the kitchen top since i was doing open concept and end prodict was quite nice i feel.. only thing is i had a hard time looking for dining chairs as kitchen top is higher..

Untitled-1.jpg

Oh orh... why your ID didnt suggest to you and the contractor to lower the dining table height by 10~12cm? You will have a tough time finding the right dining chair as normal dining chair is too low while bar stool is too high.

Maybe you can try custom made bench.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

my sofa arrived, the feature wall done.

exposed part of it, lol!

blinds up as well.

463243_10151708806435118_880860117_24081038_1498399906_o.jpg

Edited by hwaa

Oh orh... why your ID didnt suggest to you and the contractor to lower the dining table height by 10~12cm? You will have a tough time finding the right dining chair as normal dining chair is too low while bar stool is too high.

Maybe you can try custom made bench.

yah i did had a hard time looking for the chairs as u mentioned, bar stool is too high and dining chairs is too low.

i didn't wanna lower the dining height cos me and my wife is kinda tall.. it'll be difficult for us if the kitchen top is abit lower.

i went ard many shops looking for chairs, i went lush, comfortdesign, winter international, molecule, life storey, gnee hong, cellini, lorenzo, star living, OM, grafunkt, mondi etc...

thought of doing customized bench as well, but put off the idea in the end. managed to find in the end, tough. haha

some pics to share. actually i kinda took over already few days ago. furnitures and appliances all starting to deliver. will settle down and take some final pics of the reno done.

my mbr glass door, the empty space inside will do a full mirror.

20120427_115211.jpg

this is my wiw, with colored pvc. never really took much pics on my wiw cos angle abit tight. there's left/right, centre is cabinet.

20120414_135045.jpg

another view of my living room - tv area. decided not to mount the tv at the time being cos actually ordered a D series, but they ran out of stocks and upgraded me to the latest samsung E series.

the legs looked kinda nice, plus the cement screeded wall i scared it's abit fragile.. so temporary din't wall mount....

20120508_181152.jpg

Edited by hwaa

yah i did had a hard time looking for the chairs as u mentioned, bar stool is too high and dining chairs is too low.

i didn't wanna lower the dining height cos me and my wife is kinda tall.. it'll be difficult for us if the kitchen top is abit lower.

i went ard many shops looking for chairs, i went lush, comfortdesign, winter international, molecule, life storey, gnee hong, cellini, lorenzo, star living, OM, grafunkt, mondi etc...

thought of doing customized bench as well, but put off the idea in the end. managed to find in the end, tough. haha

what is the height of your dining table? mine was 860mm and i use bar stool that are adjustable. But bar stools are not that comfortable, thinking of changing to chairs. can show pic of your chairs and where you get it? then maybe i can think of changing mine bar stools.

thanks

what is the height of your dining table? mine was 860mm and i use bar stool that are adjustable. But bar stools are not that comfortable, thinking of changing to chairs. can show pic of your chairs and where you get it? then maybe i can think of changing mine bar stools.

thanks

mine also 860mm when measured to the top. but i measured to the bottom of my table top and its ard 780mm. i used normal stool to stack piece by piece to get the height of the chair im comfortable with, need to be in brtween 550-600mm.

one bad thing abt bar stool is they dont really have high backing, my wife wanted with slightly high backing one which make it more tough.

if u wan a wide selection of chairs, i recommend u go comfort design at eunos and winter international at kaki bukit ave 1. they have alot of choices for u to look/see.

i'll try to take a pic of my chair soon. :D

but im gonna do a whole cement screed for that big piece of thing. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Cool! Do take a close up when you have the time. We like your samsung tv too. It is a very nice piece. Very sleek.

Cool! Do take a close up when you have the time. We like your samsung tv too. It is a very nice piece. Very sleek.

thanks. dont knw its considered lucky or unlucky. the one we ordered doesnt have such nice stand.

well, got the option to upgrade so we took it.

PS: the worksmanship by the supreme people is quite good.

Mine one also done up by them, I signed the package directly with them at Expo, can't comment on the workmanship because any problems will be find out only at later stage. I chosen them because of their so-called lifetime warranty on their products and workmanship. Talking about this, you need to probably ask your ID whether you are given life time warranty too for the floor.

some pics to share. actually i kinda took over already few days ago. furnitures and appliances all starting to deliver. will settle down and take some final pics of the reno done.

my mbr glass door, the empty space inside will do a full mirror.

20120427_115211.jpg

this is my wiw, with colored pvc. never really took much pics on my wiw cos angle abit tight. there's left/right, centre is cabinet.

20120414_135045.jpg

another view of my living room - tv area. decided not to mount the tv at the time being cos actually ordered a D series, but they ran out of stocks and upgraded me to the latest samsung E series.

the legs looked kinda nice, plus the cement screeded wall i scared it's abit fragile.. so temporary din't wall mount....

20120508_181152.jpg

:good: nicely done!

mine also 860mm when measured to the top. but i measured to the bottom of my table top and its ard 780mm. i used normal stool to stack piece by piece to get the height of the chair im comfortable with, need to be in brtween 550-600mm.

one bad thing abt bar stool is they dont really have high backing, my wife wanted with slightly high backing one which make it more tough.

if u wan a wide selection of chairs, i recommend u go comfort design at eunos and winter international at kaki bukit ave 1. they have alot of choices for u to look/see.

i'll try to take a pic of my chair soon. :D

Yup, no high backing for bar stools. I also don't like that but no choice cos the height of our table top is not normal dining table height.

Saw your pic of many chairs but none that I like leh. Show the pic of yours, ok??

Hwaa, is the EF oven the only model they said it's made in Italy?

How much you bought? Gain City?

Thought of getting cos seldom use it and don't wanna spend too much on branded ones