Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
RiVeRGoD

Any Advice On Blveblue Id?

My advise is stay away from them. They over promise and under deliver. I very disappointed with their workmanship and their tardiness. My reno was supposed to be completed mid June and till date, we have not had our wardrobe fixed yet. Our taps are leaking.

The guy that they appointed for my project is a young chap and clearly inexperienced. There were a lot of mistakes made, which I can't look past. They lost my house key. Thankfully I have a spare set. Imagine that!

I can go on and on about their shoddy workmanship and I have pictures to back it up. Do not trust their words, they are all salesmen at the end of the day.. Pick a company that is accredited by RADAC and Case Trust.

Edited by regnboga

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

My advise is stay away from them. They over promise and under deliver. I very disappointed with their workmanship and their tardiness. My reno was supposed to be completed mid June and till date, we have not had our wardrobe fixed yet. Our taps are leaking.

The guy that they appointed for my project is a young chap and clearly inexperienced. There were a lot of mistakes made, which I can't look past. They lost my house key. Thankfully I have a spare set. Imagine that!

I can go on and on about their shoddy workmanship and I have pictures to back it up. Do not trust their words, they are all salesmen at the end of the day.. Pick a company that is accredited by RADAC and Case Trust.

oh no that sound very bad, lucky i didn't get them. who's your id? it's good to show pictures to back this up.

Can post the picture of the workmanship

Hi, I am too requested a quite from BB/Lamidoor and their quote is quite reasonable, around 35k for the whole house, I.e. relaying floors for the whole house including bathrooms, built in wardrobe for master bedroom, study table and wardrobe in second bedroom, reno on kitchen, a tv console and a simple altar. The person I dealt with said that they are registered under a sister company called Jun Yi which can be found under the list of registered HDB renovators. I don't know how true this is. Also one thing I think it is worth pointing out is they are mostly sales person, so after you sign up a contract with them they will then appoint a coordinator to assist you throughout the renovation process. I personally do not feel comfortable about that.

They lost your house key?? How can that happen... Shouldn't u have given them a padlock to ur gate rather then the whole house key?. It's a big no no to give house key to renovator. Ppl that are doing renovation, remember to give either a number lock or padlock to ur ID/ contractor, never the house key. -.-"

Yes, I agree. The main reason we got them to do our work was because of their internal laminate and with accessories thrown in, it was a very fair deal. They got a very inexperienced guy, called Donald, to handle my place too. In the end, I couldn't stand his attitude and told him not to deal with the renovation work anymore. We were spending around $55K with this company and we are only working on a 5-rm flat!

My new flat is also terribly delayed (4 weeks delayed) and I don't even have any toilets to use and not a single tap. Workmanship is not well-done at all, with chips and shelves that are not even straight.

I can sum the mistakes up here:

1) Wrong laminates and colors done on several pieces of furniture - kitchen cabinet, living hall TV feature wall, parent's wardrobe (wardrobe configurations were wrong too)

2) Wrong sink sent and we had to compromise because of the terrible delay already

3) They damaged a common room door because they forced it open and keep telling me about how they can repair it. The wood at the lock area is clearly falling out.

4) They choked one of my toilet with concrete and cement

We even went as far as to accept their mistakes done and our renovations started in May. It is now nearing the end of July and I can't even stay there for a few hours because I don't even have a working toilet! Our family is also considering filing a report with CASE.

I'll be posting pictures to back what I have posted here soon.

Folks who are looking for a company who can deliver on time better stay away from this company.

Yes, I agree. The main reason we got them to do our work was because of their internal laminate and with accessories thrown in, it was a very fair deal. They got a very inexperienced guy, called Donald, to handle my place too. In the end, I couldn't stand his attitude and told him not to deal with the renovation work anymore. We were spending around $55K with this company and we are only working on a 5-rm flat!

My new flat is also terribly delayed (4 weeks delayed) and I don't even have any toilets to use and not a single tap. Workmanship is not well-done at all, with chips and shelves that are not even straight.

I can sum the mistakes up here:

1) Wrong laminates and colors done on several pieces of furniture - kitchen cabinet, living hall TV feature wall, parent's wardrobe (wardrobe configurations were wrong too)

2) Wrong sink sent and we had to compromise because of the terrible delay already

3) They damaged a common room door because they forced it open and keep telling me about how they can repair it. The wood at the lock area is clearly falling out.

4) They choked one of my toilet with concrete and cement

We even went as far as to accept their mistakes done and our renovations started in May. It is now nearing the end of July and I can't even stay there for a few hours because I don't even have a working toilet! Our family is also considering filing a report with CASE.

I'll be posting pictures to back what I have posted here soon.

Folks who are looking for a company who can deliver on time better stay away from this company.

Pictures of the work done by Lamidoor:

IMG_1666.jpg

Oven is in place and left cabinet door cannot be closed. The oven door also scratches the granite top (right) when opened.

IMG_1658.jpg

Visible joint lines (laminate) on all wardrobes and other furniture.

IMG_1659.jpg

Damaged my door

IMG_1663.jpg

"Teeth" mark design laminate on most drawers

IMG_1662.jpg

Another picture showing the "teeth" mark design laminate

removed them out of my shortlisted ID list...their only selling point is internal laminate cabinet...i thk i can live without it. :-)

not a bad comment, just i cannot click with their sales designer, slow response & inexperience.

More pictures:

Maybe they added a screw for better support to the shelf???

IMG_1654.jpg

Chips (laminate) all over every piece of furniture

IMG_1653.jpg

Bursting laminate (after installing for only a few days)

IMG_1650.jpg

We had to compromise with wrong colored/design laminates and after so many weeks delay, still cannot move in. You can imagine how disappointed we are. Chase them until I'm sick of even wanting to call them any further. And they usually don't reply my calls anyway! Really poor attitude and workmanship.

removed them out of my shortlisted ID list...their only selling point is internal laminate cabinet...i thk i can live without it. :-)

not a bad comment, just i cannot click with their sales designer, slow response & inexperience.

Just refer to the pictures I have just posted and judge for yourself. Those are only the tip of the iceberg! You are really better off looking somewhere else.

Simon, the MD of Lamidoor, came to the place and apologized for the errors his company made. In my opinion, I would say that he is responsible and willing to owe up for the mistakes and delays made. We are now working on rectifying what's left to be done and I appreciate his promptness and willingness to assist in this matter.

At least the place is in a better and cleaner state now! Cheers!

I am glad that he rectify for you. Make sure he honor his words and do it. My house is handled by Simon and I am having a very terrible experience with him. My Reno has been delayed for 8 weeks and still not done. Internal laminates are part of his company empty promises. My problems are exactly the same as yours. Wrong colour laminates, partial internal laminates, wrong wardrobe configurations, wrong measurements for tables and fridge, oven is place 1 inch above floor and he blames us for causing delay when we ask for correction. What makes matter worse is he do not pick up calls, do not turn up for appointment or show up 1 hour late. This happens many many times. To the extend that I visit his office personally .

The mental distress that he cause me and my family is extensive. We are not in time to shift in. I am very disappointed with his behaviour and attitude. Initially, he looks like a decent chap and gave us very detail explanation on the works to be done. Hence,I place a lot of trust in him. But based on what he has done so far, it was a contrary to what we thought he was. We will learn from you and demand for amendments. Some errors, we can compromise, people make mistakes. But there are somethings which we can't live with as we need to use them daily. Coordination between him and his workers are extremely poor. I just keep my fingers cross that he will rectify what needs to done and become the Simon which I first known and trust.

I am glad that he rectify for you. Make sure he honor his words and do it. My house is handled by Simon and I am having a very terrible experience with him. My Reno has been delayed for 8 weeks and still not done. Internal laminates are part of his company empty promises. My problems are exactly the same as yours. Wrong colour laminates, partial internal laminates, wrong wardrobe configurations, wrong measurements for tables and fridge, oven is place 1 inch above floor and he blames us for causing delay when we ask for correction. What makes matter worse is he do not pick up calls, do not turn up for appointment or show up 1 hour late. This happens many many times. To the extend that I visit his office personally .

The mental distress that he cause me and my family is extensive. We are not in time to shift in. I am very disappointed with his behaviour and attitude. Initially, he looks like a decent chap and gave us very detail explanation on the works to be done. Hence,I place a lot of trust in him. But based on what he has done so far, it was a contrary to what we thought he was. We will learn from you and demand for amendments. Some errors, we can compromise, people make mistakes. But there are somethings which we can't live with as we need to use them daily. Coordination between him and his workers are extremely poor. I just keep my fingers cross that he will rectify what needs to done and become the Simon which I first known and trust.

seems that alot people are avoiding this particular company. a buddy of mine just received a call from 1 of their ID's to get quotation. Should i advice him to join this forum as well and read up more based on the info given?

My situation is still the same as yours. 3 months now and work is still not complete. The remaining items that come in is getting worse in terms of workmanship. But at the very least, my family and I can move in and stay at the new place.

NONE of his staff turns up at my place on time so far but I don't even bother anymore. He's still giving me delays and wrong sizes for the carpentry work. We have already lodged a complaint with CASE and we won't pay the remaining amount until his company rectifies all the errors made. With an attitude like theirs, I am sure I'm not the only one filing cases against them.

My situation is still the same as yours. 3 months now and work is still not complete. The remaining items that come in is getting worse in terms of workmanship. But at the very least, my family and I can move in and stay at the new place.

NONE of his staff turns up at my place on time so far but I don't even bother anymore. He's still giving me delays and wrong sizes for the carpentry work. We have already lodged a complaint with CASE and we won't pay the remaining amount until his company rectifies all the errors made. With an attitude like theirs, I am sure I'm not the only one filing cases against them.

Hi, I guess I'm the latest victim of Blve Blue a.k.a Limidoor. Sales closed by Simon, Project Manager is Binson Chia. Project delay, works done not as in the drawings, called both of them up, never answer, SMS them never reply. Now I wonder how many of us fell into this trap? I think most of their customers fell into this trap -> Full laminate for carpentry works'.

By the way, can anyone guide me on how do I file complain against them ?

Edited by echoong