Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnTheRoad

1 Roof, 3 Generations

This much things we bought from Ikea today...

img2919jr.jpg

...handling 2 babies while buying all these bulky stuff is no joke. Then my daughter chose to poo big time till poo poo went to her back & stained the stroller...while I handle one, my son poured the ice tea over himself... then I had to nurse my gal at the waiting area...then after that head to reframe my painting... then birthday dinner celebration... jiu ming ah!

Okok, calm down, calm down...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

img2919jr.jpg

Spending spree.... The red chair looks so familiar, same as Paloma's T-Blog

Spending spree.... The red chair looks so familiar, same as Paloma's T-Blog

This one still ok in terms of cost... neber beat my sanitary wares record... haha.

Oh chair is the same? I passed by this in a corner when looking for something else & just grabbed it on a whim...think shld be suitable for timber deck area. :) If nice, will go back & buy the yellow colour as well.

This one still ok in terms of cost... neber beat my sanitary wares record... haha.

Oh chair is the same? I passed by this in a corner when looking for something else & just grabbed it on a whim...think shld be suitable for timber deck area. :) If nice, will go back & buy the yellow colour as well.

I can't seem to find this. Issit Ikea Tamp you went? :( must go roam a few more times

I can't seem to find this. Issit Ikea Tamp you went? :( must go roam a few more times

Ya I went Tamp one...I was looking ard at sections 15, chk there or ard section 13...it's all the way in on the left side le, there are 3 colours green red & yellow. :) $85.

Parquet sanding & varnishing was done yesterday, we chose matt varnish, which gave the floor a raw look & really brings out the woodgrains..but it feels very unprotected & sandy, so we are considering doing another round of varnishing but semi-gloss... tho neighbours & parents tell us it's alright.

According to the parquet guys, the wood shld be Burmese teak. Woa if so, I will hug it every night before I sleep liao... :dribble: maybe Morganwu can give his expert opinion...

Here's the old-school parquet laying pattern...looks slightly yellowish even in daylight.

img2930s.jpg

Chemical wash & general cleaning was done today, hence the "no shoes" sign pasted by the contractor.

Here's the night view...

img2932kt.jpg

View of living & terrace from dining room...

img2938wt.jpg

Edited by OnTheRoad

..Cross-section of solid plywood for kitchen cabinets...interesting...

img2936yt.jpg

Curved wall area...this is supposed to be the attention seeking spot in the house. Will be wallpapered.

img2933h.jpg

Close-up of the spotlight: Philips LED 9W.

img2935nf.jpg

Unbeknownst to most, I had been feeling during the past 2 weeks that I've had just enough of all these reno coordination, site visitations, & budget adjustments.. With 1 more week to go, I decided on Sunday to give up pushing & trying & just pray for everything to be alright. & indeed, the touching up picked up significantly this week... the IDs are both on the ball & ensuring the various loose ends are being tied up.

Jia you... :sport-smiley-003:

~~~

Met the decking guys today for my L-shaped patio...was serendipitously given a good deal for burmese teak decking, so went with it...Accoya wood was my original first choice, but I was advised that Accoya has no inherent value in itself - being made from pine wood - so I'll be paying top decking dollar for the R&D & the treatment process that makes Accoya what it is. As for Burmese teak, no need to say more about it's scrap value...there are shops selling reclaimed teak furniture at high price, such as Journey East, & teak furniture can last more than a decade, judging from the offerings in Second Charm & Likethatone. Furthermore the Burmese teak decking was quoted lower than Accoya wood...so not difficult choice.

Decking starts this weekend, after which i would have to decide whether to seal it with a semi-gloss finishing, matt finishing or no finishing at all. The wood expert says teak does not need any finishing, it actually takes care of itself by oxidising its top layer (turning into a ash grey colour) that in turns protects the inner portion...

What do u all think? Semi-gloss (left) or raw & no finishing (right)? :unsure:

img2950n.jpg

Jia you! The end is near. Glad that your IDs are picking up steam and hopefully they carry the momentum over to my project :thumbs up:

img2919jr.jpg

Okok, calm down, calm down...

Hello, may I know how much is the red armchair from ikea? I can't find it in the ikea's website. Do you have the full photo? I'm looking for a red chair, thanks. :yamseng: