Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
salad

Simple Reno

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

1st day of spray painting - base coat is done. All toilet fittings are covered.

IMG_0267-Copy.jpg

Ceiling is covered too.

IMG_0268-Copy.jpg

Hi salad!

Have a smooth sailing renovation!

Cheers,

Jaskel

Edited by jaskel

1st day of spray painting - base coat is done. All toilet fittings are covered.

IMG_0267-Copy.jpg

Ceiling is covered too.

IMG_0268-Copy.jpg

Hi salad!

Another fellow 3 roomer!

Hahaz woo spray painting the whole toilet... hmmm not many are doing that now le eh... shld cost quite a bit right?

Anywayz since you already paid the deposit so might as well just go ahead hor. But still would recommend the others to change the wall tiles... especially if they have been there for a long time already.

And the haiku fan, quite a cheap deal you've got huh... i read somewhere in the forum the price now is like 900+... zzz hahaz

Happy Renovation!

Cheers :yamseng: ,

Mike

Hi salad!

Another fellow 3 roomer!

Hahaz woo spray painting the whole toilet... hmmm not many are doing that now le eh... shld cost quite a bit right?

Anywayz since you already paid the deposit so might as well just go ahead hor. But still would recommend the others to change the wall tiles... especially if they have been there for a long time already.

And the haiku fan, quite a cheap deal you've got huh... i read somewhere in the forum the price now is like 900+... zzz hahaz

Happy Renovation!

Mike

Hi Mike,

Our toilet is super tiny, hence not able to do any fancy design anyway. We decided to do spray paint coz it's about half the price of changing the wall tiles. We cheapo hehee :sport-smiley-004: The floor tiles were still hacked and retiled though.

Didn't aware of the cleaning issue until seeing the previous post. But it was too late for us to change the decision as we already put down the deposit for spray paint and need to move in by end of the month. So just praying that this wall can last us for about 5 years and we would be more than happy. Worst come to worst, spray paint another layer??

Btw, they have finished the work yesterday. But the surface is not as smooth as the sample although we choose the one color type. Overall is still acceptable.

Hi Mike,

Our toilet is super tiny, hence not able to do any fancy design anyway. We decided to do spray paint coz it's about half the price of changing the wall tiles. We cheapo hehee :sport-smiley-004: The floor tiles were still hacked and retiled though.

Didn't aware of the cleaning issue until seeing the previous post. But it was too late for us to change the decision as we already put down the deposit for spray paint and need to move in by end of the month. So just praying that this wall can last us for about 5 years and we would be more than happy. Worst come to worst, spray paint another layer??

Btw, they have finished the work yesterday. But the surface is not as smooth as the sample although we choose the one color type. Overall is still acceptable.

Happy reno welcome to 3roomer :yamseng:

Hi Mike,

Hi salad,

Not cheapo la. If can get the job done with the looks that we want why not? But if the tiles too old better change la... Just in case pop la.

Anywayz, update more! i love to look at how 3rooms change into aesthetically beautiful living areas!

Mike

I didn't know we can spray paint the tiles! That will definitely save you a lot of cost. But how long is it going to last? Do we have to re-do in 1 year's time?

I didn't know we can spray paint the tiles! That will definitely save you a lot of cost. But how long is it going to last? Do we have to re-do in 1 year's time?

Hi Valerie, I forgot how many years the spray paint company claimed it could last, but definitely more than one year. Let's see how it will turn out. Hopefully don't have to re-do too soon :rolleyes:

Laminate floor boards have arrived!

IMG_02771.jpg

Closeup of the laminate

IMG_02791.jpg

Hi Salad,

I love this floorboard and also wanted to have them for my bedrooms. Do you get Krono staffs to lay for you or your contractor can get them directly from Krono? I don't know should I get individually to do the floor or can just 1 contractor do everything.

Hi Salad,

I love this floorboard and also wanted to have them for my bedrooms. Do you get Krono staffs to lay for you or your contractor can get them directly from Krono? I don't know should I get individually to do the floor or can just 1 contractor do everything.

We engaged Krono Original staffs to lay the laminate for us since our contractor only provides the Krono Swiss range. Krono Swiss is more economical but the designs are rather limited and I could not find any design I like. In the end, we signed up with Krono Original during the Expo fair. I'm quite happy with the end result as the print does look like untreated raw wood. Only downside is the finishing can attract dust easily due to its matte surface. Have to clean very frequently, otherwise your feet will have a dusty feeling. Hope you understand what I'm trying to say :D

The carpenter installing kitchen cabinet. They are very meticulous and hard working.

IMG_0285.jpg

We opted to remove the kitchen top cabinet and install a new set since the old cabinet does not have space to install the hood. In addition, the previous tenants did heavy cooking and oil was dripping down from the cabinet. Very dirty. Another high cabinet is also built to house the built in microwave and oven. The bottom cabinet and solid surface remain as we do not have budget for those. Solid surface is slightly yellowish and has some stains and scratches. Anyone know how to polish them?

We engaged Krono Original staffs to lay the laminate for us since our contractor only provides the Krono Swiss range. Krono Swiss is more economical but the designs are rather limited and I could not find any design I like. In the end, we signed up with Krono Original during the Expo fair. I'm quite happy with the end result as the print does look like untreated raw wood. Only downside is the finishing can attract dust easily due to its matte surface. Have to clean very frequently, otherwise your feet will have a dusty feeling. Hope you understand what I'm trying to say :D

OIC. :rolleyes: I was attracted to the raw wood texture during Expo fair too, that's y we are thinking to have Krono for our bedrooms. I can what you mean on the dusty feeling, so you must use Magic Clean mop very often. :good: