Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
salad

Simple Reno

Hi Mrs Loo,

I find the workmanship of the tiler is acceptable. As we only redid the floor tiles, and ours are very simple/plain designs, I can't really comment on whether the tiler knew how to lay in such a way the wall and floor blends well. Our wall tiles are spray painted.

Hi Salad, wat top did you use and could i have the costing cum the contractor for capentry. Thks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Salad, wat top did you use and could i have the costing cum the contractor for capentry. Thks

Hi fal681,

The laminate for our kitchen top is Piano White. We use it for our shoe cabinet as well. After a year plus, the color still looks very nice and like new. The price for our kitchen is $110/ft long. It is done by our main contractor as well. I have posted his contact in the older post. All the best for your reno.

updated pics of our house after the brick wall is finished with white paint. Very happy with the final result!!!

This was taken sometime ago after CNY spring cleaning.

photo_zps30088962.jpg

Edited by salad

Hi salad,

Did u hack your floor tiles or just lay the laminates over it? Thanks

Hi Charm,

Our old flooring is terrazzo. It is very hard and quite costly to hack. The laminates were laid on top of the old flooring without hacking. Usually you don't have to hack the floor to lay laminates. Later on, you can still remove the laminate should you wish to get back to your old flooring. HTHs :)

Hi salad, your laminate flooring is ok for mopping floor ? how is it so far? i like your kitchen with the black lights there, where you get it? thanks.

Hi pinkyceline,

The laminate has been holding up quite well so far with mopping every other day. Just make sure your mop is not dripping wet. We use the 3M Scotch Brite microfibre mop which can be taken out for washing easily.

mop.jpg

Edited by salad

I saw this line, " Supply labour and material to install 14 lighting points @ living room - $420"

This supply labour and MATERIAL does the material refers to the lights/downlights? Meaning it is inclusive of the downlights?

Or you purchase the lights on your own and the contractor just provide labour to install it?

I think material refers to the wiring and trunking to lay the lighting points. Usually house owner has to buy his/her own lights and bulbs. That's why so many of us buy from Taobao!