Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Minerat

Journey Of My Minaret Walk

congrats on your wonderful house just a piece of history...this site used to be a malay kampong in the 1970's....i studied at bedok boys school and used to go to the kampong to buy ice lollies and visit my malay friends staying in the kampung houses there...ahh fond memories....really really wonderful...hope you have a wonderful stay in your new place... :good:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

congrats on your wonderful house just a piece of history...this site used to be a malay kampong in the 1970's....i studied at bedok boys school and used to go to the kampong to buy ice lollies and visit my malay friends staying in the kampung houses there...ahh fond memories....really really wonderful...hope you have a wonderful stay in your new place... :good:

Ah, no wonder it's named Minaret Walk.

Finally confirmed all the paint colours and laminates today. Also changed 2nd floor toilet vanity top to quartz because we cannot find a matching marble. Now just needs to wait for house to complete. Have already set aside 28 Sep as the move in date. Hopefully everything goes well!

We also finally settled with LG 47" LED - LM7600 with several free gifts

Sharp 40" LEd and one Techno wine cooler 52 bottles total damage - SgD 4.1K ..

Finally confirmed all the paint colours and laminates today. Also changed 2nd floor toilet vanity top to quartz because we cannot find a matching marble. Now just needs to wait for house to complete. Have already set aside 28 Sep as the move in date. Hopefully everything goes well!

:yamseng: :yamseng:

waiting to see completion photos !!!

Day 23 (30 Aug 2012)

Wet kitchen and sink stove is done today. I can only say SWEE. Hahahaa. ID chasing us to choose paint colors. So many things to choose, so little time. Wood tiles look lagi more SWEE when they are wet.

pic000074.jpg

pic000081.jpg

pic000067.jpg

pic000082.jpg

You did good justice to these beautiful tiles by putting them in area that is expose to the sun, making them looking really woody! :good: :good:

Unlike ours which is hid in Common Bath and is usually dark w/o natural lighting due to our HDB configuration.

Nice wall feature wood tiles in common bath. Yr wet kitchen floor tiles wood lookalike is nice too, is it ex?

My toilet feature wall woody tiles is exactly the same ones that Minaret used for his yard. My fav tiles of my house and that small area in common bath floor and one wall cost use $850 on tiles alone. :bangwall:

Day 26 (03 Sep 2012)

The window for the bay window went up today. But alas... Another miscommunication between ID and contractor. I'd wanted a casement window. In fact my whole house was fitted with casement windows. They installed a sliding window for me instead. ID was very apologetic and promised to change it ASAP. Actually I really felt sorry for them. Maybe a big part of their margin goes into all these mistakes. If only these mistakes can be cut down.

pic000108.jpg

Waw, your ID really nice and prompt in changing it. Good for them! :good:

Waw, your ID really nice and prompt in changing it. Good for them! :good:

Yes, so far they are very prompt and responsible and never shy away from their mistakes or try to talk me into accepting the mistakes. I just felt that most of these could have been avoided in the first place if the communication was better.

Day 27 (04 Sep 2012)

Didn't have the time to go down today. Anyway I doubt that there will be anything done today as we are now waiting for the carpentry to be ready. The carpenter took all the measurements yesterday already. Went shopping for MBR pendant light in the evening but didn't find any to our liking.

Day 28 (05 Sep 2012)

Painting started today. According to ID, they will finish 2 coats in 4 days. Then the last coat will be done after carpentry is up. We will need to get our downlights fast. Need them to be in next Tuesday for installation.

pic000111.jpg

pic000112.jpg

pic000113.jpg

Also noticed new parquet on some parts of the floor. Looks like the parquet guy had been in to do some patching

pic000109.jpg