Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
princessandhergeek

Memoirs Of A Princess And Her Geek

hi chezph!

by balestier do u mean u saw it at light + form? hmm.. two places are offering the artichoke (imitate) one at balestier (light + form) and one at jalan besar (design light) (these two so far have the nicest imitates - other shops dont do the imitation for the regular artichoke as well........ but between light + form and design light, i would say that light + form is better for 3 reasons:

1)they r upfront and will advise that all metal (including aluminium) will look like there's tarnishing (we were worried about rust cox we're staying in punggol) but this tarnishing does not necessarily mean rust, we just need to polish with autosol or i think inox cleaner might do it too.. anyway, design light will insist that theirs will not rust cox the material is aluminium (but doesn't warn us that tarnishing can still occur)..

2) we bought t5 from design light - they promised to deliver both batches in the same colour, but failed to do so, and has done it to us a few times, each time promising a uniform colour and each tim failing to do so.. design light is giving us SO much trouble ...... (i don't understand what's with us and lights - previously megaman lights (5w ones) were doing the disco dance for us (the 8w ones were fine) and then there's chan huat and their totally rude attitude)

3) the artichoke imitate at the light + form along balestier is closer to the original than the one in design light (design light's imtitate has a longer stem which sticks out and its light bulb will stick out if u bought the smaller one (300 or 400mm) whereas light + form's imitate has a shorter stem (nicer) and it houses the light bulb at the correct position (in the middle) which allows the light to disperse nicely along the panes of the artichoke light

the smallest one at balestier is 480mm though (we were served by joseph - nice guy!) and the next one is at 600mm... whereas design light offers a 300-400 (not sure how big but definitely a notch smaller than the 480mm one)mm and a 480mm one.. price wise, design light is about $100 cheaper than its equivalent at light + form, but u need to live with the bulb hanging out of the light - remember - the light will be positioned in such a way where u can see it from below, and the first thing u see is the bulb - weird.....

in the end we bought the baby choke from light + form for around 450? i think...

silver matt is really gorgeous right?? we got a white marble with matt steel base to match the light too >.< haha

anyway, where did u see urs? i don't recall seeing a black or white one! could u be refering to the discoco light? those have white n black versions =D n i think there are other black n white ones, but the design is a bit different from the regular artichoke?

hehehe.. i wan see pics if u have~~ excited =P

The one I saw is Matt silver, look really nicely proportion.. It was $500++ but after 30% it's abt $400. It's a store where there's lots of lights, big store. Could be the one u mentioned. Size wise I'm not sure, but looks ok for a dining table... Don't look that big. It's not discoco.

Hope u didn't buy the last pc!!!!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi girl!

Was busy the whole of last mth moving in n stuff. We have settled in. Wanna update my blog w picts n helping my good fren to do some research for her place... That's y came in n to aso ask how r things w u.

I just started on my gate project yesterday. Only managed to paint the smaller part of the gate. Needs to check how it is later then cont painting the rest. Might need another coat. I didn't sand down though... Lazy. Hahaha

Yes, I aso find BW coffee shop is exp. But like the western food there.. esp chicken cutlet.

Did my blinds w this company called shades master, coste abt 1.1k. If u r interested, let me know, I can give u the contact.

hi kenjo!

wonder if u r still reading the forums? anyway - hows ur gate? did u diy paint it in the end?

>.< i tot food is meant to be on the table? hehehehe :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

u mean the broadway coffee shop? i find it a bit ex - went to grab a bandung and kopi si peng for 2.50 - dun think this is a common price - either that or the auntie dun like me :dunno:

hows ur blinds? any recommendations? looking at curtains now lol

Hi Princess,

Please pardon for my sudden intrusion into your lovely blog. I have always been a silent reader to RT, but I have been reading your T-blog. I must say I really like your style and taste, and it really inspires me for my upcoming renovation. For info, I have just exercised my OTP for 5rm flat, and waiting for my first HDB appointment in Jan next year.

I love the colour combi of your kitchen, and yes, I want Blum with full drawers too! May I know how much the whole kitchen cost you? I don't think I have the budget for Casearstone, but thinking of cheaper iQuartz alternative.

Oh yes, I got an email quote from Elmark for the Artemis fan. The price tag of $1388 is really steep. So I may have to drop that idea too.

Look forward to more updates, pictures and inspirations from your reno! Cheers.

dear all,

thanx so much for responding to the shout out~~~really appreciate >.<

in the end we din have enuf time to do everything (now on retrospect maybe we should have given more thought to it all) but the information u hv shared will be great fodder for future purchases!! will probably collate a list to collect all these info =D

we bought our sofa and dining table from Hommage furniture (turns out that Hommage furniture = hommage trading - got so confused there for a while) - delivery is ultra fast (2 weeks for dining table and a month for sofa).. still waiting for some pieces to come along.. rawr! according to Hommage, as long as u bring them the pictures, they can do it, and they are selling a lot of the pieces seen in the outside showrooms (same supplier?)..

anyway we bought 2 items from them - cultured marble table + dining chairs and sofa based on a picture that he has.. both we chose more based on aesthetic rather than 'softness'.. hope we wun regret it in time to come..... :dunno:

Oh I never got to find my way down to Hommage as its quite far from my place, though I heard a number of good reviews. You received your dining table yet? Looking forward to see your pics. :)

Hi princess,

I just went through your whole t-blog and find it very informative!

I am still waiting for my bto to complete in about a year's time, our layout is very similar and your planned layout is also quite similar to what I've been working on with my wifey~ and we're also going for modern contemporary style...

Appreciate if you can share your ID's contact and reno quotation pls? would help with my planning greatly~ :yamseng:

my email is harocarlos@hotmail.com

hi carlos!

thanks! good to noe that our t-blog has been of help =) (it's the paying-it-forward thing, we've received so much help here that it's nice to noe that we can pay it forward by helping others =) =) ) so sorry for the late reply, have u started ur reno? have sent u the email =) happy renoing!!!!

princess, btw did Roy give you the 3D of your flat design? Would really like to find out how your masterbedroom look like~ =D

hmmm actually, it was one of the first few things we requested for - to have a 3D design.. but after confirming with Roy, and things moved on (e.g. select tiles and so on), the 3D design didn't come until about 1 month into the project.. and the 3D didn't look like what we have agreed on either (e.g. we wanted settee but the drawing showed table o.o) and the colours that was proposed wasn't what we liked as well.. we understood that Roy subbed out the job to someone else so he doesn't have control of what is drawn.. but this drawing took so long until we decided not to even do any adjustments to the 3D and just do and select based on our own imagination (imagine the fear we had) - which was also the reason y we ended up being fickle minded about the laminates haha (changed it once)... no 3D can't visualise well ma.. so took a long time to select the laminates for both living room and kitchen.. in the end after settling the living room and kitchen laminates, we took back Roy's catalogs and cut it out to compare and select our MBR laminates lol.. pictures are coming soon!! most things are settled le.. just the touch ups and trouble shooting now =) tml will go over to the house and snap photos hahaha.. (keep forgetting to snap)

The one I saw is Matt silver, look really nicely proportion.. It was $500++ but after 30% it's abt $400. It's a store where there's lots of lights, big store. Could be the one u mentioned. Size wise I'm not sure, but looks ok for a dining table... Don't look that big. It's not discoco.

Hope u didn't buy the last pc!!!!

hi chezph!

well.. when we bought it, joseph told us that we bought the second last pc hahaha.. how come got 30% discount??? if it's the same shop, then its a steal! i think we bought it at 480? or was it 450? no idea... we put up the dining light already =) looks wonderful! the size is just right =) (bear in mind that we are using a 480mm round hanging light above a 1500mm rectangular dining table.. =D =D

have u gotten urs yet?

Hi princessandhergeek, Can i have Roy's contact?

Thanks dear! I'm a breezer btw =)

hi neighbor!!

did u just get ur keys? we have friends there too! initially wanted to stay in breeze as well but my dear geek prefers damai grove =X

anyway, Roy's contact sent! =) happy renoing!!

Hi girl!

Was busy the whole of last mth moving in n stuff. We have settled in. Wanna update my blog w picts n helping my good fren to do some research for her place... That's y came in n to aso ask how r things w u.

I just started on my gate project yesterday. Only managed to paint the smaller part of the gate. Needs to check how it is later then cont painting the rest. Might need another coat. I didn't sand down though... Lazy. Hahaha

Yes, I aso find BW coffee shop is exp. But like the western food there.. esp chicken cutlet.

Did my blinds w this company called shades master, coste abt 1.1k. If u r interested, let me know, I can give u the contact.

ooo! congrats on moving in!! hmmm dun b lazy~~~ sand it down!! we painted our HHS door too (as in Roy got his painters to do it) the first time we saw it, our jaw drop cox it looks seriously 'bitsy' but Roy got his guy to sand down the whole thing and it looks WAY better now.. i suspect that's what he got his painter to do for our main door too.. otherwise how could he have transformed a wooden door to an acrylic lookalike door? >.<

chicken cutlet is good? hmm will try it next time!! i still havent moved in =( everytime i go over i feel so envious of the ppl already living in damai.. wanna move in too!!!!!

and as for curtains, my mum told us to go with MGL >.< went to check out the prices today - 13xx for the house.. but the materials that we like will make the quote go higher.. so a bit headache on that.. r ur blinds blackout materials? how's the quality? contact please~~~~~ hehehehehe...

Hi Princess,

Please pardon for my sudden intrusion into your lovely blog. I have always been a silent reader to RT, but I have been reading your T-blog. I must say I really like your style and taste, and it really inspires me for my upcoming renovation. For info, I have just exercised my OTP for 5rm flat, and waiting for my first HDB appointment in Jan next year.

I love the colour combi of your kitchen, and yes, I want Blum with full drawers too! May I know how much the whole kitchen cost you? I don't think I have the budget for Casearstone, but thinking of cheaper iQuartz alternative.

Oh yes, I got an email quote from Elmark for the Artemis fan. The price tag of $1388 is really steep. So I may have to drop that idea too.

Look forward to more updates, pictures and inspirations from your reno! Cheers.

=) hi blue!

thanks for reading our T-blog! actually, we don't really know what the style we have here is called.. but we just dubbed it modern contemporary (warm) lol.. cox people always say that modern contemporary is all black and white.. but we prefer more neutral colours.. >.< as for style, thanks for the compliment! we did get a lot of help by reading other's blogs and thinking of things that we like/ dont like, so that might help for you as well! the internet surfing helped us a lot (we actually have a inspiration folder in our hard disk for all the pictures and designs that we like lol)..

congrats on ur flat! i still remember the elation we felt when we got this flat and how excited we were to start the reno - i suppose it's the same case for u! congrats~

blum with full drawers is my dream!!! but, no budget lol.. i actually went to blum for a quote, and they actually quoted me 3-4k to do everything up.. which was y we gave up on the idea =( i cant remember how much the kitchen costs.. but i know Roy was saying that it could easily be 180pfr (m i making sense? might have remembered the wrong numbers - dun flame me!) cox of the way we wanted the drawers to be designed (we have everything in drawers (but not all blum runners though, only some drawers =() and the method of opening it without hurting urself (copied off weiken show lol - see!! watching shows help!! hahaha)

iQuartz should be good too, i'm actually quite disappointed with Caesarstone, not because of the material, but because i felt that their service is not very good.. for Caesarstone, Roy told us to go direct as the price that they quoted was something that Roy was unable to quote for us.. the lady who sold us the Caesarstone was very friendly..until we realised that the Caesarstone was very dirty.. they don't provide cleaning services for the quartz after installation, so now it looks so dirty and looks like it has a lot of stains that i don't noe what to do with it..... and after the full payment is done and we asked for the warranty, she was very hesitant to settle it for us and MIA since then...till now we havent gotten the warranty card (even though it's been 2 months since the install) so we are quite disappointed =.=

n WHAT???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

the artemis fan is so ex??????????????????????

when i read ur post, i misread it as the sycamore fan costing 13xx which i wasn't surprised about as that was the price.. but the artemis??????????? oh my god that's nuts. the webstie was selling it at like what - 500AUD? 13xx -_- was it the taxes that bumped up the price by so much?? disappointing!! i was thinking of getting it for the next house (yeah haven't stay in this house, and i'm already thinking about the next) cox the haiku is too expensive.. what's with the fans in singapore?? someone should start a fan company and research on modern fans - sure make $$

tml will go take more pictures =) more things are up so can see more effect le hahahahaha ><

Oh I never got to find my way down to Hommage as its quite far from my place, though I heard a number of good reviews. You received your dining table yet? Looking forward to see your pics. :)

ooo ya hommage is quite good - the boss n boss lady n staff r nice people! they actually came down to our place to buff up the stainless steel leg of the table that we bought so we were very impressed >.< and the boss was very willing to share his success story to people who r interested - it's always nice to hear of how someone comes to be a business owner >.<

pictures coming soon!! (but 2 chairs missing cox got defects haha)

Oh dear, that's a disappointment with caesarstone seller... No warranty card even after two mths? Hmmm, my potential id actually quote me caesarstone for quartz countertop as he cant get silestone contact... Is it due to going direct that makes the difference in service?

Btw, u say BLUM do kitchen quote... How do u go about it? What a nice thing it'll be if could have BLUM kitchen done by BLUM itself... Wahaha.

Edited by Sygnur

hi princess,

may i have roy's contact? want to make sure if it's the same one i saw on a website

and if u dun mind, can u also pm me the price for ur entire reno?

thanks!