Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
princessandhergeek

Memoirs Of A Princess And Her Geek

Many2 thanks for the explaination.... At least now i know that caesarstone's is as good as silestone... :) maybe i should give them a call too, And visit silestone showroom...

Heee need to buck things up real soon... Still havent do anything to my house.. 

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Anyway, attaching image here regarding the colour grout - took this at LSH =X

IMG_1184.jpg

Hi

May I know which grout you picked in the end? my tiles are greyish, cream and light brown sort of color and I picked grey grout.

See pic of tile here.

The contractor say to use cement directly since i want grey and cement is more lasting. in the end it turned out very very dark and looks really ugly. I'm waiting for him to clean up the whole place before i confirm if i could accept it. in the mean time, i'm thinking of trying out on my sample tiles a more matching grout color but i'm still searching for a hardware shop that sell grout. :(

Hi girl, just to check w u, did ur painter sand the main door before painting?

painting is up and the floor laminates are up too~ pictures attached =D (these are done some weeks ago - but like we mentioned, we requested to slow down reno when we are overseas =P so hence the lag in updating >.< )

Main Gate Painted White with Steel Design~~~~ (thumbs up to Roy!)

DSC_0296.jpg

I got it from a company call Craftstone...i guess different company from yours... we tested on the samples by scratching with a key...the "metal" scratch mark is more obvious on the snow white one (but can be remove one)....so that's why we went for another one that's not too obvious...but i do like the snow white one...

oops missed out on this paiseh! anyway, when u did the metal scratch test, was there a dent/ scratch or it's the 'metal paint' residue left behind on the quartz? >.<

Many2 thanks for the explaination.... At least now i know that caesarstone's is as good as silestone... :) maybe i should give them a call too, And visit silestone showroom...

Heee need to buck things up real soon... Still havent do anything to my house.. 

jiayou sygnur~! when u visit their showroom u'll be wowed~ haha i was totally floored by silestone showroom >.< caesarstone only have the slabs on display, the kitchen displays are at blum =D (double wow of blum plus quartz! unfortunately no budget, otherwise whole house will be blum hahahhaa).. yesterday we met with Roy.. he also mentioned that our house is taking a bit too long =( but we were overseas for 3 weeks~~ and it took us some time to get back on top of things (since we told Roy to stop while we were gone hahaha) =( so must give leeway hahaha..>.< i wan to move in!

Edited by princessandhergeek

oops missed out on this paiseh! anyway, when u did the metal scratch test, was there a dent/ scratch or it's the 'metal paint' residue left behind on the quartz? >.<

it's just the metal paint residue..can clean away one :-)

Hi

May I know which grout you picked in the end? my tiles are greyish, cream and light brown sort of color and I picked grey grout.

See pic of tile here.

The contractor say to use cement directly since i want grey and cement is more lasting. in the end it turned out very very dark and looks really ugly. I'm waiting for him to clean up the whole place before i confirm if i could accept it. in the mean time, i'm thinking of trying out on my sample tiles a more matching grout color but i'm still searching for a hardware shop that sell grout. :(

hello bread~~ (sounds yummy i havent had my breakfast haha)

for us, our tile is beige with greyish grains, using grey grout to match is nice, but to go a step further, Roy and our tiler recommended us to use a mix of grey and beige grout.. so on the day of tiling, my hubby actually went down onsite, and they mixed the two grouts (grey and beige) together to get a mix that is suitable, bearing in mind that the grout will appear darker after setting so we got to choose a lighter grout to begin with.. personally i think the mixing is a good idea (since grey is a cool colour, and beige is a warm colour, which makes our tiles both warm and cool (so mafan lol) so when we mix the two grouts together, we get a grout that is grey but not a very cool grey (appears warmer) so it is suitable to match with our tile more so than if it were just grey alone)

we are actually very fortunate that Roy and our tilers are very good - they could have just said grey alone, but they went the extra mile to make sure things are nice =)

for your case and your tiles, i think u should do the same, mix grey n beige grout together if possible - and remember that the grout will be darker after setting, so the initial mixture should be lighter to offset the darkening after setting.. y not ask ur tiler for the color grout? =X hehehe if not u might wan t try LSH/ hafary? i think i took the grout picture at hafary hahaha..

Hi girl, just to check w u, did ur painter sand the main door before painting?

hi kenjo! i checked with Roy yesterday - he said the painter didn't sand the main door o.o but he said that spray paint was used (not the normal 'use brush and paint kind' of paint) - we have also seen the 'evidence' there were spray marks on the walls (to be rectified during the final painting stage haha).. apparently the spray paint he used is a special kind of spray paint that is more lasting - he say is trade secret o.o hahahhaa.. if we knew the secret, we'd probably try it on almost everything - the finish of the door now looks like white matt laminate which is nice~~!

hahahaha

Hello Princessandhergeek,

I m getting my keys next month, now sourcing for ID/contractor. can you please PM me your contractor's contact?

Thanks!

hi yeocando - pm'ed~! happy renoing and hope to see ur pictures soon!!!

we've started on the talk for the carpentry.. it took a really long time as we addressed a couple of our concerns (including the ease of opening the cabinets, how to solve the issue of the L-shaped wardrobe, study desk and dressing table and settee while maximising the space we can use).. now all that is left are the talk for toilets n laminates~~! kudos to Roy for listening to us.. i think he really has a lot of patience hahaha.. although i must say that he has quite a lot on his hands now.. being sick and having so many people coming up to him for reno o.o

anyway, the service yard windows are up! Pasted a frosted sticker on the green glass =D glad to say that it didn't look as green as I'd thought it'd be.. but when i fold all the three panes together, they end up looking green on pictures o.o

DSC_0299.jpg

DSC_0304.jpg

PD door up~!

DSC_0303.jpg

DSC_0306.jpg

invested in a PD door to allow us to install the alkaline water system at the service yard.. we had wanted to explore installing the system hidden in our kitchen cabinet, but that model that could do so cost a whooping 2888, and our close friend who is a salesperson at kemp trading recommended that we take the 1888 version as it is better (less maintenance issues though less features and not as pretty)..

Hi, could you share the PD door contact and pricing? Can i know the "code" of this particular PD door material that you selected? We are also looking for one for our kitchen entrance.. Thanks in advance! :)

it's just the metal paint residue..can clean away one :-)

oooo *sweat* i tot the metal left behind a scratch o.o hahaha.. am excited to see how the 2141 will turn out >.< sticking with 20mm in the end hahahaha

Hi, could you share the PD door contact and pricing? Can i know the "code" of this particular PD door material that you selected? We are also looking for one for our kitchen entrance.. Thanks in advance! :)

hi sandrababe! we chose frosted glass panel with white acrylic frame to match the windows in the service yard (unfortunately HDB say the window in the service yard cannot be clear frosted glass (must be green) and the casing of the window cannot be white (must be silver).. in the end the look is still ok haha)

pddoor we decided to go through Roy.. reason: i've been reading up a lot on pddoor online (from forums and reviews).. pddoor and swingslide are effectively selling the same items - they had the same boss (not sure if it's still the same boss now) but swingslide's employees have attitude problem and pddoor's after service can be quite problematic.. i've heard of someone liaising with pddoor directly and had so much headache because the staff had attitude problem and wouldn't change a door which have problems for them.. in the end we decided that going with our ID/ contractor is better - even if the door is faulty, it is not our responsibility to get it changed hahahahaa..

Thanks for ur advice. So sad that my contractor and tilers so jialat. When I choose tile, the contractor say will choose matching grout. When it comes to actual doing, he say he only got experience with white grout. So now I going to get my own color to test out n show him.

hello bread~~ (sounds yummy i havent had my breakfast haha)

for us, our tile is beige with greyish grains, using grey grout to match is nice, but to go a step further, Roy and our tiler recommended us to use a mix of grey and beige grout.. so on the day of tiling, my hubby actually went down onsite, and they mixed the two grouts (grey and beige) together to get a mix that is suitable, bearing in mind that the grout will appear darker after setting so we got to choose a lighter grout to begin with.. personally i think the mixing is a good idea (since grey is a cool colour, and beige is a warm colour, which makes our tiles both warm and cool (so mafan lol) so when we mix the two grouts together, we get a grout that is grey but not a very cool grey (appears warmer) so it is suitable to match with our tile more so than if it were just grey alone)

we are actually very fortunate that Roy and our tilers are very good - they could have just said grey alone, but they went the extra mile to make sure things are nice =)

for your case and your tiles, i think u should do the same, mix grey n beige grout together if possible - and remember that the grout will be darker after setting, so the initial mixture should be lighter to offset the darkening after setting.. y not ask ur tiler for the color grout? =X hehehe if not u might wan t try LSH/ hafary? i think i took the grout picture at hafary hahaha..

Edited by originalbread

Thanks for ur advice. So sad that my contractor and tilers so jialat. When I choose tile, the contractor say will choose matching grout. When it comes to actual doing, he say he only got experience with white grout. So now I going to get my own color to test out n show him.

oops okok - dun worry - jiayou k? do u wan to call up hafary n see if they can sell the grout in little amounts? then u can mix n test =D