Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Redpepper

False Ceiling For Bathroom

Hi all, my designer suggested to have false ceiling for my bathrooms. Although I know aesthetically it's going to be nice but is it practical? Whats the pros n cons? Anyone has experience with this?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

The con is no water leaking pipe leaking U r safe

If water damness may cause mouldy

But of coz it looks nice and sleek

:yamseng:

Pros is that all condos have false ceiling in their bathroom. Cons is HDB don have.

Although it does look nice to have the ceiling covered, like what rentoalk member casa has suggested, it'll be very troublesome once leaking of the roof takes place.

When a slight seepage from the ceiling takes place, you wouldn't be able to detect it at all & quickly report the matter to HDB in getting your neighbours staying above to get retiling down for the toilet above as the concrete ceiling has been concealed. (that's assuming that you are staying in a flat)

By the time u detected it, the leakage would already be extremely bad & has probably formed a pool of water that made its way through your false ceiling - your false ceiling is likely to be damaged by then. The extent of damage would depend on the severity of leakage too.