Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
natural9

Minimalist 3 Room Design

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, looking for a typical standard 3 room HDB...

Plan to hack the wall adjoining wall between the front bedroom & living hall, wall between living hall & the kitchen.

Thinking of minimalist design with false ceilings, recessed lights, wall wash lights and LED strips...

Any one hacked the wall between the 2 bathrooms to become 1?

Any seniors here tried? How's the effect? Any advices? Please share...

Thanks.

Edited by natural9

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Here's one:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=46826&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

Do take note of the pippings in the toilets cos depending on the layout, not all might be able to be re-routed to enable u to fully hack off the entire wall.

As for the wall between bedroom/living room/kitchen, also take note of structural/prefab walls which u can't hack.

Bros and sis, since mine in the north, I think I gonna support firms in the north part.

Any good IDs or contracter firms in the north to recommend that you have deal with?

And the common question to ask, find ID or main contracter?

Cos I sort of have my own idea... but also open to opinions.

Edited by natural9

Bros and sis, since mine in the north, I think I gonna support firms in the north part.

Any good IDs or contracter firms in the north to recommend that you have deal with?

And the common question to ask, find ID or main contracter?

Cos I sort of have my own idea... but also open to opinions.

Find main contractor ,

Usually freelance will be cheaper for hacking of walls all those i got some contacts if u need .

Minimal%2525203%252520Room%252520Flat%252520Living%2525201%25255B4%25255D.jpg

Here's a 3d image that I came up with some time ago, you can read more about achieving a minimalist feel in a 3 room flat here.

Hi gakuseisean,

For a concept like the pic you attached, how much generally does it costs to do up the entire house? and Natural? How is your plan to merge 2 toilets into 1? I am also thinking like you. Are we even allow to reroute the toilet pipings??

nice ... provided if you intend to stay alone or with your wife only .... and no kids in the floor plan.

i thought about it too, esp with my 3ng at only 69 sq ... but i think i will need the second room sooner or later.

as for the wall btw my hall and kitchen, it already removed by the previous occupants.

you drew the 3d yourself or your reno contractor did it ?

Hi gakuseisean,

For a concept like the pic you attached, how much generally does it costs to do up the entire house? and Natural? How is your plan to merge 2 toilets into 1? I am also thinking like you. Are we even allow to reroute the toilet pipings??

HIP done. No, I didn't merge the toilets after some practical thinking, 2 is better than 1.

If left only 1 toliet, sure won't be convenient when friends come, and also make it almost impossible to rent out room later if needed.

During reno, you can anyhow reroute to your liking, BUT you cannot touch the big big main pipes.

Edited by natural9

Hi bros and sis,

Due to work, I don't have much leisure time to do the shopping for home lightings, I really want to take time and visit those lightings shops, no rush and no pressure in choosing... but I really can't.

I went to a few shops in balestier and geylang such as lighting.com which is quite ok but really don't have the kind of "I see I like very much" type of lights. May have to make another trip there again.

But can reno seniors here advise me on other 2-3 places where I can see the many varieties type of lights and REASONABLY priced. It's like if you want get PC stuffs, you go sim lim and funan, for lightings where can I go? Any such big centre or warehouses where I can go?

Thanks.

Edited by natural9

Hi renotalk bro and sis,

Any help and advices please...

you must let us know what types of lights you are looking for...

i have went to a lot of places looking for lights....jalan besar, balestier, joo chiat, geylang etc...these are the few places with many lights shops to search for your lights....unfortunately it's not at 1 place like PC stuffs.

in the end, i do false ceiling with downlights for all rooms and bought only 1 dining table light from Lights Station at Jalan Besar..

you must let us know what types of lights you are looking for...

i have went to a lot of places looking for lights....jalan besar, balestier, joo chiat, geylang etc...these are the few places with many lights shops to search for your lights....unfortunately it's not at 1 place like PC stuffs.

in the end, i do false ceiling with downlights for all rooms and bought only 1 dining table light from Lights Station at Jalan Besar..

I am looking for those both round and square downlights of different colour, from small to medium sizes, want to see both led and plc light types...

And simple modern wall lights.

Thanks.

Hi natural9,

You may want to drop by this company, Lightcraft, along North Bridge Road.

They have a wide variety of lightings at affordable price.

Can consider :)