Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
renohome

White Kitchen Cabinets & Bedroom Wardrobes

Have seen so many pictures of all the white cabinets & wardrobes and really look so nice. But worrying about the maintenance part. Still contemplating whether to choose white for my reno or not. Anyone can advise will the white turn yellowish in a few years' time? Can it last for 5 to 10 years? Thanks in advance!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I guess the 1st thing u have to ask urself is whether will u be staying there for 5-10 years or not.

If yes, then u know what u have to do to maintain the white reno liao lor :)

turning yellowish is very subjective as some may experience that and some does not.

but if u like white then go for it lor bro :)

as they always say: ai swee, mai mia :bangwall:

Actually to me, white is a nice clean colour that will not go out of trend.

I think of it in another manner.. White means that I can see it's dirty easily. Darker colours or black will hid from stains.

But when it comes to hygiene at home, at least white does not cheat you! As it's easily seen means it's dirty and you have to clean it. Whereas darker colours prevents you from seeing it even in daylight. :)

I do intend to stay for long term (more than 10 years). That's why still contemplating whether its practical to do white or not.

Batman - 'ai swee mai mia' can be spent on small items like clothes or shoes. But renovation is a very costly thingy.

Kelvin - totally agree with you. Its the nice clean colour that I am so tempted to go for it. Just worry about being stained.

Now thinking real hard.... :unsure:

Matt or gloss? Which one easier to maintain? Matt turn yellow easily?

There is pro & con for both.

Gloss will have scratches easily if you didn't take care of it.

Thanks all for your suggestions! Will go ahead with white. :sport-smiley-018:

By the way, if it turns yellowish in a few years' time, is it possible to change the laminate instead of replacing the whole carpentry?

Thanks all for your suggestions! Will go ahead with white. :sport-smiley-018:

By the way, if it turns yellowish in a few years' time, is it possible to change the laminate instead of replacing the whole carpentry?

Possible. Relaminating is an option. Couple of things to take note like increase in thickness, etc. Best is to do regular maintenance :thumbs up:

:yamseng: ,

Mike

Possible. Relaminating is an option. Couple of things to take note like increase in thickness, etc. Best is to do regular maintenance :thumbs up:

:yamseng: ,

Mike

Noted and thank you for your advice! :)

mine are all white, has been 2 years so far still ok. Don't see any scratches. Easily clean up. You can refer to my blog for pictures.

Btw for re-laminate, it'll cost you a bomb.

mine are all white, has been 2 years so far still ok. Don't see any scratches. Easily clean up. You can refer to my blog for pictures.

Btw for re-laminate, it'll cost you a bomb.

Thank you for telling me about re-laminate. :jawdrop:

Visited your blog. Your white really make me drool :dribble:

Yeah! Thinking of getting white, but have seen it turned yellow despite cleaned often...apart from white, what other colors would be great for a small kitchen? A combination of 2 colors advisable? Maybe top grey bottom black? Would red be drastic? :jawdrop:

Yeah! Thinking of getting white, but have seen it turned yellow despite cleaned often...apart from white, what other colors would be great for a small kitchen? A combination of 2 colors advisable? Maybe top grey bottom black? Would red be drastic? :jawdrop:

Heard that black top, if scratched, will have visible lines. As for red colour to be in kitchen is not good if you believe in fengshui, otherwise, its really nice. :thumbs up: