Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Suyun

Exodus - My Cloud Is Moving To The East

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

ehspro,

Will you be starting your very own t-blog soon? :)

It would be great if you could.I'll be your ardent follower as I am with Minaret's , Suyun's, shmj's and jumbopanther's.

There's so much to learn from their journey.

Hahaha....I am not as good as Minerat and Suyun etc.... :bow: :bow:

Ehspro , you really humble. Crouching tiger, hidden dragon, :drunk: ha ha

We are all waiting :yamseng:

Sorry I am a newbie as far as renovation is concerned. My t-blog serves to share my experiences so that ppl can avoid some of my mistakes :)

Lost touch with my blog after my laptop keyboards malfunction. Where was I ????

Move to Day 10 update 19 September 2012

Been to hapfary last sat with my contractor Mr Jaskel and his assistant Mike.

This is what we are shortisting for our guest toilet. To continue with our contemporary country bar counter. We short listed this set of tiles.

8624fd11.jpg

I am very tempted to use these as my kitchen and wall tiles! Notice the fine details that the tiles have. I think they are very interesting and may be able to last the test of time.

3D103C56-8C8F-40CF-9BC2-4794B44E0359-1017-000000AE53406DFF_zps4a002d2b.jpg

These are the ones suggested by Mr Jaskel. I am very tempted by the beauty of its leather look. But I think my hubby won't agree to them.

Let's see how it goes.

764E0A79-7F78-4A31-A92A-1FB88977D6C9-1017-000000AE6E487715_zpsca80abc1.jpg

Wood looking tiles we are considering to lay the stairs, make a guess at which one we will lay.... Will post the results when the job is done. :sport-smiley-004:

14981F9C-7911-4DF6-B9A9-F40F81E2CE5C-1017-000000AE634D4CF2_zpsfa6c2da1.jpg

The "naked staircase" waiting to be "dressed" :rolleyes:

1399022F-7A02-4DB3-BD25-BBB630B818A5-1017-000000AEBBF3677F_zps8062805a.jpg

Share one of my inspirational photos for my hubby bar counter

DB4F5B7A-7F9A-4D00-9FF5-F41474E74C52-1017-000000AEA1E4CFE1_zps984f5b2e.jpg

Ehspro , you really humble. Crouching tiger, hidden dragon, :drunk: ha ha

We are all waiting :yamseng:

Haha...your wish is my command...posted liao!!! :yeah:

Edited by ehspro

SUNBIRD, we are neighbours, just one street away, PM me that we can compare notes.... haha

Suyun,

Whereabouts are you?

Am still at planning stage. My architect and PE have yet to submit development applications to the authorities.

Yeah, I think I'll start a blog once I've figured the ins and out of online postings.

We definitely should compare notes :), lending each other some support so that we survive this reno journey unscathed haha...

Sunbird73,

Just now I was trying to drive around to look at other peoples car pouch and gates. To visualise the tiles my hubby has preselected, if it can stand the test of time. We are only going to do it once and no way we will do it again for the next Ten years or more. I really hope we will have wisdom when we chose our tiles. Pray pray.

:sport-smiley-018:

Edited by Suyun

Day 11, 20 September 2012.

AIRCON !!!! WHICH COMPANY DO I CHOSE

A bit of history, when I first collected the house keys, I invited two aircon companies to quote for the aircon

Both companies Pxxxxxx and GxxxxxTxxx advised me to used back my old trunking and pipes

Current Aircon System is a mixture of Panasonic non-invertor and invertor system.

My aircon configuration :

Level one Living room single split unit 28k btu, dining area plus maid room - double split unit 18k btu and 9k but

Level two master bedroom singlet split unit 18k btu, family area and playroom - 3 year old panasonic double split unit 9k btu x 2

Level two guest room and level three daughter's bedroom double split unit 9k btu and 12btu, level three family area and son's room 3 tear old Panasonic double split unit 9k btu x 2

I plan to replace all existing aircon units except for the 4sets of Panasonic invertor aircon which are 3years old

1. Pxxxxxx -Aircon

Advised me to take all non- invertor Panasonic aircon and use back sold trunking. Price $5000

2. GxxxxxTxxx Aircon

Came back with a mix of Mitsubishi electric and Mitsubishi starmex invertor aircon. Price 9800

I am very confused :unsure:

So I seek my contractor's opinion. His best advise was to replace all existing trunking and pipings and go with Mitsubishi starmex or daikin inverter system. I also decided to change one of the aircon from wall mount to a cartridge aircon as I was not comfortable with the idea of the aircon on top of the tv console.

:thumbs up: good advise from Jaskel so I started my search again for more information

3. MR Cxxx Aircon contractor

Came back with a QUOTE Of $16,000

:jawdrop:

:jawdrop: Unbelievable. I had no idea it would cost so much...... Money not enough how to spend this amount of money on aircon.

The next best thing I could do was to get more quotes to compare and have more options. Btw, Pxxxxxx aircon was not interested to quote after I asked about mitsubishi invertor aircon. They must have so much business that they don't want to waste time on me.

Back to GxxxxxTxxx Aircon, they are really nice people.... Came back with a quote of $14,700

I started searching the Internet for another aircon company, I needed to have two or three quotes before I would made a decision.

Then I found Txxx Cxxx Aircon. Called them yesterday and the boss Mr Ang came down and did a site visit. he is very knowledgeable and well mannered.

4. TxxxCxxx Aircon

Mr Ang gave me a quote of $13,640 after gst. Okay I have a savings of about $800. Not too bad

But wait, mr Ang gave me more !!!! He offered me another combination that would Reduce My cost, one less compressor. :thumbs up::deal:

Now my last quote is $ 12, 831

That is another savings of about $800, so in total I will save about $3200 for making the effort to search for more quotations.

Now I have to email this to my hubby who is away for clearance so that we can start work on piping next week.

:sport-smiley-003: I am absolutely exhausted and drained.

Edited by Suyun

If yr existing is only 3 years old, suggest need not change, can use back. Lifespan of aircon, with good maintenance, can last probably up to 10 years, some even more.

Contractor suggested use back existing piping because that is the easiest, no need hack ceiling or walls to conceal piping, just install fan coil units and outdoor compressors. But if use back existing, they would have to check and make sure existing refrigerant pipe sizes are ok, because different aircon cooling capacity requires different pipe size, otherwise, if pipe size too small, there will be insufficient cooling in future. Whatever it is, if use back existing, they have to do thorough pressure test and drainage flow test to make sure there are no leakages or blockages respectivley

If yr existing is only 3 years old, suggest need not change, can use back. Lifespan of aircon, with good maintenance, can last probably up to 10 years, some even more.

Contractor suggested use back existing piping because that is the easiest, no need hack ceiling or walls to conceal piping, just install fan coil units and outdoor compressors. But if use back existing, they would have to check and make sure existing refrigerant pipe sizes are ok, because different aircon cooling capacity requires different pipe size, otherwise, if pipe size too small, there will be insufficient cooling in future. Whatever it is, if use back existing, they have to do thorough pressure test and drainage flow test to make sure there are no leakages or blockages respectivley

thanks Jumbopanther, you are right about keeping the existing "newer units", the other units and piping are all 16years old and some of them have leaking problems. So to avoid future problems, I try to do the most dirty jobs right now, hack and replace the aircon pipings a d drainage.

Question for you :

22G copper pipe, 1/2inch thickness thermaflex class 0 insulation( for each pipe) 16 mm drainage pipe ( for each aircon unit) , local tai sin wire

Is that good materials ? Mr Ang does not want to use 20mm PVC because makes it harder to hack and he claims it is not necessary,

Your input will be greatly appreciated . :yamseng:

thanks Jumbopanther, you are right about keeping the existing "newer units", the other units and piping are all 16years old and some of them have leaking problems. So to avoid future problems, I try to do the most dirty jobs right now, hack and replace the aircon pipings a d drainage.

Question for you :

22G copper pipe, 1/2inch thickness thermaflex class 0 insulation( for each pipe) 16 mm drainage pipe ( for each aircon unit) , local tai sin wire

Is that good materials ? Mr Ang does not want to use 20mm PVC because makes it harder to hack and he claims it is not necessary,

Question for you :

The specs sounds ok. What is the brand of the copper? Some people prefer use armaflex insulation though.

But most important is the installer, workmanship is more critical. For aircon, I prefer Mitsubishi.