Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
originalbread

Originalbread's Humble Abode

302634_10151096727873285_1143374990_n.jpg

if the product got defect, shouldn't the worker not just fix it up?

Ok, this doesn't look that bad on pic but its worse in reality. when I saw this and the house still in a mess after more than 70 days of reno, it just makes my blood boil. the new stuff that were fixed up are getting ugly and dirty from re-working and I'm not even sure if the gas stove and aircon would be spoilt as the contractor did not cover them until I realise and told him off.

So when I stepped out of the house to lock up the door, and the neighbour came to complain why the reno so long, the contractor no license, etc. I went really mad.

How to Keep Calm and Carry On?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Gosh....! The shelving looks uneven even without needing to scruntinise it closely... The workers ah, really.....😡😡😡

When is the supposed handover date?

Gosh....! The shelving looks uneven even without needing to scruntinise it closely... The workers ah, really.....😡😡😡

When is the supposed handover date?

Hi Sygnur

The supposed hand over date was actually end of September. Isn't it amazing? He is doing touch up of painting tomorrow, Friday wash floor again, then we see if grouting uneven color issue still there. if still not acceptable, got to redo the grout.

If I do work like they do, I would've lost my job already. The contractor say for that shelf, its because the shelf got defect. Then does he think I will want to fix something defective any way? When I asked him don't throw away the box, I want to go exchange, he say probably throw away liao but he will search. But I know he didn't, cause I managed to find the boxes myself but its all torn into pieces. :furious: This is stupid, is it easier to rip open a paper box to get the item inside or simply open the corners of the box? Now shred until like this, don't know if Ikea will still accept an exchange even if its their defect.

Seriously, some workers don't think, then when got to do rework, complain to my mum say work until late at night, get scolding from main con, main con make them rework and no pay. The main con may not have communicated certain expectations to them, but the workers got to be serious in their work too. Isn't things like doing level flooring, proper grouting of even color very basic?

sorry Synur, for being so grouchy.

hello bread..

the workers your contractor have are really dot dot dot.. first the tiles, then the laminates.. then now installation oso got problem and they nv bother to rectify automatically.. jiayou! i guess it will be hard work on ur part, having to point out all the things that they missed out and din do.. jiayou!!

anyway..whats the projected handover date now..?

>.<

No need to say sorry to me, originalbread... It's alright to rant.... Basic things they cant get it right... Of course ppl we get angry... Where has the " do it once, do it right" thing go to nowadays? Haiz... And to think now approaching mid of Oct.... :(

Jia you, originalbread.. Hope good things will come up in the end...

Sometimes i wonder, when we are the exact, taxing and demanding, things go very swee with minimal hiccups. Sometimes, when we are the give and take, easygoing, ppl makan, chop and smoke us...

oh the laminates not the carpenter's fault. the contractor admitted that he see the code wrongly and gave the carpenter the wrong laminate code.

small problems still can solve but the flooring, really dunno how... going to post more photos.

hello bread..

the workers your contractor have are really dot dot dot.. first the tiles, then the laminates.. then now installation oso got problem and they nv bother to rectify automatically.. jiayou! i guess it will be hard work on ur part, having to point out all the things that they missed out and din do.. jiayou!!

anyway..whats the projected handover date now..?

>.<

No need to say sorry to me, originalbread... It's alright to rant.... Basic things they cant get it right... Of course ppl we get angry... Where has the " do it once, do it right" thing go to nowadays? Haiz... And to think now approaching mid of Oct.... :(

Jia you, originalbread.. Hope good things will come up in the end...

Sometimes i wonder, when we are the exact, taxing and demanding, things go very swee with minimal hiccups. Sometimes, when we are the give and take, easygoing, ppl makan, chop and smoke us...

Thanks! the contractor thinks i making his life very hard by being very demanding and detailed but if he did everything properly in the first place, I would have faith and wouldn't scrutinise. but i think most of them try to smoke us. like my colleague, she found some hollow tiles her contractor say if change one piece, will affect other pieces and affect the overall look and she kena bluffed.

299417_10151100700313285_1006202883_n.jpg

12 weeks and I finished one whole roll of tape to mark problem areas. I need to get more tape!

562035_10151101992513285_1139764184_n.jpg

after changing tiles for the uneven/broken ones and rectifying the skirting corners, the contractor arranged for another acid wash. I went down to take a look but I found more problems!

Did he spoil the grout because of doing acid wash more than once? I saw holes in a number of places.

548825_10151101994983285_1665331127_n.jpg

And whitish looking bits too. He told me to just wipe off can already. Next week he will come back use acid to wash the darker grout area as the grout color unevenness not resolved yet. So I believe him lor, I use a soft bristle to brush through the grout then wipe. Do a little bit my neck already breaking. And the worst is, a lot of powdery stuff came out. :jawdrop: Is it supposed to be like this? Or did he overwash my floor until the grout spoil liao. even brushing and wiping, the whitish bits resurfaced after the floor becomes dry.

Dunno how. If I ask him to dig out the whole grouting to redo, also problem as it will be less lasting and bits may fall out after some time. but if I just ask him to patch up the holes only, I scared not long more holes will appear. and the uneven grout color issue still not resolved :bangwall:

Edited by originalbread

Every time the projected hand over date is 'this Saturday', but every Saturday I go n see, still so many rectifications to b done. :(

oh the laminates not the carpenter's fault. the contractor admitted that he see the code wrongly and gave the carpenter the wrong laminate code.

small problems still can solve but the flooring, really dunno how... going to post more photos.

Seems like endless bad luck. Every time I go down, I discover more holes in the grout. Today I pasted many many tapes on the living room floor and kitchen floor. Yesterday the contractor told me will fill up the holes but I suspect the whole grout is weak already. And for every hole filled, the grout color would look different.

And guess what I discovered tonight, the door has cracked!

541139_10151104762378285_1379054373_n.jpg

Not just in one place but the lower portion of the door too. This is supposed to be solid nyatoh wood but when they first installed, I already feel the wood doesn't seem thick and feels quite light. wonder if they gave me hollow door instead... Any one see this type of issue on new doors before?

Edited by originalbread

Seems like endless bad luck. Every time I go down, I discover more holes in the grout. Today I pasted many many tapes on the living room floor and kitchen floor. Yesterday the contractor told me will fill up the holes but I suspect the whole grout is weak already. And for every hole filled, the grout color would look different.

And guess what I discovered tonight, the door has cracked!

541139_10151104762378285_1379054373_n.jpg

Not just in one place but the lower portion of the door too. This is supposed to be solid nyatoh wood but when they first installed, I already feel the wood doesn't seem thick and feels quite light. wonder if they gave me hollow door instead... Any one see this type of issue on new doors before?

wah first the grout hole den now the door o.o i dun think that's how doors are supposed to be right? how can they crack so fast unless there was immense pressure or a fault line?

wah first the grout hole den now the door o.o i dun think that's how doors are supposed to be right? how can they crack so fast unless there was immense pressure or a fault line?

I think I really bad luck. Maybe like what you say, there is a fault line. last few days rained, maybe it splashed on the door and caused this. But then, how can the previous old hdb door lasted 38 years and this $450 door last only less than 1 month??? So sad, I should've kept the old door, old floor...

:( nyatoh door should feel solid, right? What did the invoice state? Solid nytoh door, semi solid nyatoh door or hollow nytoh door?

Indeed it is a wonder...

I hope everything will resolve well in the end...