Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
madmax67

Can We Have Bedroom Above Kitchen?

Hi

I just purchased an interterrace and will be renovating it soon. Currently there is a family area on the 2nd level, just above the kitchen and I am thinking of converting it to a bedroom. Can I know if it is okay to have a bedroom above the kitchen ie sleep above the stove where cooking is done?

Thank you!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi

I just purchased an interterrace and will be renovating it soon. Currently there is a family area on the 2nd level, just above the kitchen and I am thinking of converting it to a bedroom. Can I know if it is okay to have a bedroom above the kitchen ie sleep above the stove where cooking is done?

Thank you!

Interesting. One thing for sure, whenever there is cooking, the bed and room will be unsuitable to sleep at that time due to the heat. What if the room use waterbed? Ivy, will this be a good remedy?

Interesting. One thing for sure, whenever there is cooking, the bed and room will be unsuitable to sleep at that time due to the heat. What if the room use waterbed? Ivy, will this be a good remedy?

I got a FSM to audit the house last Saturday. He said there's no problem, as my stove needs to be placed at the back wall of the kitchen facing outside, and this will not affect the room upstairs, since the placement of the bed is away from the stove.

cheers