Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
BlurryKid

3-Rm In Geylang Bahru

Hi all :),

Decided to startup my t-blog now. Have been in Renotalk since hatching the plan to move house. Appreciate all ideas and advice given from all bros and sis. First of all. My final floorplan.

3NG-layoutDesign82sqm-Modified.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Followed ur link here... glad to see you posting pictures of ur unit... frankly ur unit seems quite ok to move in except toilets may need to do up n abit of kitchen... Marble flooring also looks ok...

If u dont like the colouring , its better u change the flooring if within ur budget... Hesitating whether to do it or not will only cause u to regret alot once everything are done up n u feel frustrated when u see the flooring dont fit the renovation works that are newly done.

Just my 2 cents :thumbs up:

Followed ur link here... glad to see you posting pictures of ur unit... frankly ur unit seems quite ok to move in except toilets may need to do up n abit of kitchen... Marble flooring also looks ok...

If u dont like the colouring , its better u change the flooring if within ur budget... Hesitating whether to do it or not will only cause u to regret alot once everything are done up n u feel frustrated when u see the flooring dont fit the renovation works that are newly done.

Just my 2 cents :thumbs up:

Hi Speed45 bro :),

Glad to see u here. Ya I also feel that flooring maybe can just polish instead of re-doing. But hb says looks a bit old-fashioned and dont match overall look. But when I think of being able to save about $4k if I dont redo flooring then keep having 2nd thoughts. But I will be having a black/white theme for living room. You think marble flooring suits the theme? gam siah :thumbs up:

As for toilet i cross my fingers now. HIP for my 2 toilets tentatively early Jan. I hope they manage to complete it b4 I move in! Saving $6k off this and just paying $630 for HIP :dancingqueen:

Edited by BlurryKid

after you polish it, then it would look shiny and will not look old fashion already lah. can have marble flooring, you don't want?

Hihi May_dream1,

thanks for dropping by too! :)

Aiyo, u also think the broken marble should remain? I need to try convince my hb liowz :unsure:

Wahhhh !! Ur house appears to be in good condition leyyy... mine has to BOOM all... heheheh... 8|

Hihi aqishababy :),

My kitchen cabinet is goner woh, maybe from pics not clear but kitchen cabinet original one...maybe cos the landlord rented it out for past 10+ yrs and the tenants dnt cook so not that obvious yet. As for toilets especially kitchen toilet cannot make it but heng HIP doing it for me.

I looking fwd to you starting t-blog too! Transformation period should be fun :D

Hi Speed45 bro :),

Glad to see u here. Ya I also feel that flooring maybe can just polish instead of re-doing. But hb says looks a bit old-fashioned and dont match overall look. But when I think of being able to save about $4k if I dont redo flooring then keep having 2nd thoughts. But I will be having a black/white theme for living room. You think marble flooring suits the theme? gam siah :thumbs up:

As for toilet i cross my fingers now. HIP for my 2 toilets tentatively early Jan. I hope they manage to complete it b4 I move in! Saving $6k off this and just paying $630 for HIP :dancingqueen:

What i think is not important because im not the one staying there n i dont have to live with it, u are... I can tell u until the cows come home about how the marble floor will suit ur theme but the most important is can u accept that current floor to suit ur liking n ur hubby's ?

Actually u can ask urself this question, do u match the flooring to ur furnishings or ur furnishings to the flooring ? There is a difference...

If budget is a concern, then use that 4k savings to convince u n ur hubby to accept that flooring...

Hihi May_dream1,

thanks for dropping by too! :)

Aiyo, u also think the broken marble should remain? I need to try convince my hb liowz :unsure:

you already know you have budget mah... so if that is the case, why not let the marble flooring remain. its nice anyway....

Hehhee... if I got time will make myself a blog as well :sport-smiley-018:

Anyway email me the quotation yeah sis... :) aqishababy@yahoo.com.sg

TQ!

Hihi aqishababy :),

My kitchen cabinet is goner woh, maybe from pics not clear but kitchen cabinet original one...maybe cos the landlord rented it out for past 10+ yrs and the tenants dnt cook so not that obvious yet. As for toilets especially kitchen toilet cannot make it but heng HIP doing it for me.

I looking fwd to you starting t-blog too! Transformation period should be fun :D

BK,

If I were the buyer of this flat, then I keep the marble. The old broken-marble seems to have a certain charm to it.

But conceptually other pieces of the interior decoration will have to work around the marble; as Speed put it aptly, to match the furnishing around the flooring. So, the marble becomes the feature of the house.

It does not seem difficult; I thought that the walls where the marble on should be white, and the carpentry around predominately white (or shades of white) as well to bring in more natural lighting and to create a clean look that does not clash with the marble's grains. And so is the artificial lighting.

Depending on how the Living Room is partitioned from the Kitchen, more adventurous colors can be introduced to the Kitchen.

For reference, see the photos of a decoration where the marble is replaced.

47dc29d3.jpg

0039e72e.jpg

I don't know about you, but I thought that the Living Room looks more interesting with the marble, even before it is rejuvenated.

Cheers!