Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
krispy

Avoid Roland Of 3D Innovative Design (Go For Anson Instead)

Would like to share my horrible experience with Roland of 3D Innovative Design and recommend that if you would like to engage 3D, please look for Anson instead.

We were doing a complete renovation of our condo. The condo is quite old, so there was quite extensive false ceiling, plastering, wardrobes, feature walls and even a change of all the windows and grilles. The only thing we didn't change was the parquet floor. When we met Roland, we were impressed by his ernest talk about being young yet still wanting to succeed. He was very on-the-ball when he was trying to get the contract and promised us that he was responsible, trustworthy etc.

When the project started, we rarely saw him. Our home was supposed to be complete in 2 months, but it turned out to be around 3 months instead. His coordination of his subcontractors is horrendous. The window subcontractor came in and removed the windows, but they didn't have the new windows made on time, so our parquet floor was exposed to around 2 weeks worth of rain during that time. In the end, the parquet at the window area was in extremely bad shape, and he still charged us for the additional parquet even though it was his lack of supervision of his contractors. We would visit the unit almost every day and our instructions to him was not conveyed to the subcontractor. At one point, my husband had to talk to the subcontractors himself because even the subcon said that Roland was rarely around and they don't know what they were supposed to do. Towards the 8th week, this young chap still dare to tell me to pay up 20% of the contract before he will ask the carpenter to install the wardrobes. At that point, we had paid up almost 70% of the total reno cost but our false ceiling was still not complete, windows not up, kitchen not ready. Everything was started, but nothing finished.

We made a huge fuss with 3D and managed to get Anson on the case. Anson, according to his own words, is the person who comes in post-reno when there are defects etc. Although he's not as good a talker as Roland, he will do what he says and our reno work started moving again. At the speed the subcon can do their work, it really was a case of Roland not instructing them. When Anson came onboard, everything started moving again and our unit was complete in a month or so. I'm angry when I think about how much time we wasted with Roland and how frustrating it is to pass instructions to him but find out later from the subcon that our instructions were never communicated.

I do like 3D as a company because their reno comes with 5 years warranty and the carpentry workmanship is good. Still, overall, I was happy with the renovations once Anson was onboard. :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Would like to share my horrible experience with Roland of 3D Innovative Design and recommend that if you would like to engage 3D, please look for Anson instead.

We were doing a complete renovation of our condo. The condo is quite old, so there was quite extensive false ceiling, plastering, wardrobes, feature walls and even a change of all the windows and grilles. The only thing we didn't change was the parquet floor. When we met Roland, we were impressed by his ernest talk about being young yet still wanting to succeed. He was very on-the-ball when he was trying to get the contract and promised us that he was responsible, trustworthy etc.

When the project started, we rarely saw him. Our home was supposed to be complete in 2 months, but it turned out to be around 3 months instead. His coordination of his subcontractors is horrendous. The window subcontractor came in and removed the windows, but they didn't have the new windows made on time, so our parquet floor was exposed to around 2 weeks worth of rain during that time. In the end, the parquet at the window area was in extremely bad shape, and he still charged us for the additional parquet even though it was his lack of supervision of his contractors. We would visit the unit almost every day and our instructions to him was not conveyed to the subcontractor. At one point, my husband had to talk to the subcontractors himself because even the subcon said that Roland was rarely around and they don't know what they were supposed to do. Towards the 8th week, this young chap still dare to tell me to pay up 20% of the contract before he will ask the carpenter to install the wardrobes. At that point, we had paid up almost 70% of the total reno cost but our false ceiling was still not complete, windows not up, kitchen not ready. Everything was started, but nothing finished.

We made a huge fuss with 3D and managed to get Anson on the case. Anson, according to his own words, is the person who comes in post-reno when there are defects etc. Although he's not as good a talker as Roland, he will do what he says and our reno work started moving again. At the speed the subcon can do their work, it really was a case of Roland not instructing them. When Anson came onboard, everything started moving again and our unit was complete in a month or so. I'm angry when I think about how much time we wasted with Roland and how frustrating it is to pass instructions to him but find out later from the subcon that our instructions were never communicated.

I do like 3D as a company because their reno comes with 5 years warranty and the carpentry workmanship is good. Still, overall, I was happy with the renovations once Anson was onboard. smile.gif

ooh.. this is scary... I was just considering them... but my contractor is George...