Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
1000miles

Home @ Bukit Panjang

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Week 5 - Major Work cleared

week-5.png?et=hpCrpi8FQ1IzU09KB5egSg&nmid=616607782

Major work completed, that including varnishing parquet flooring, wall & ceiling painting, sanitary & taps installation, Lightings

Kitchen Cabinet & vanity top cabinet installation underway.

Edited by 1000miles

A return to renotalk after exercising the OTP for EA at Bukit Panjang. The last time was 5 year ago for my first house 4NG (92sqm) at Bedok North.

Firstly I would like to thanks eekenji cos many initial ideas were copy from hers and from there came the changes.

Thanks again to eekenji!

It was a series of event that led to us to get EA (132sqm), wasn't intended to get such big place in the first place.

First appointment is end of Oct 2012 and will only be getting keys on mid Dec 2012, hopefully can re-persuade seller to give earlier as the unit was already vacant.

Here is existing plan and the intended plan we want.

EA-existing-condition.JPG?et=BS4IIO7OvDL%2CA5XikAj0RA&nmid=616607782

EA-proposed-layout.JPG?et=IA6toNJu176VJLsgO0XOJA&nmid=616607782

Only kitchen, 2 bathrooms will have major renovation, Master bedroom and Study room will be adding wall.

Confirmed supplier & contractor:

Contractor: Acton Design (Re-engage Mr. Jeffrey Chew as we are satisfy with his work on our unit at Bedok and my sister-in-law's place)

Wardrobe contractor: OPSH (Signed during the expo fair)

Doors & screen glass supplier: Besglas (for their tempered and shatter proof glass)

Air Con supplier: Gain City

what software did you use to put all those changes into the HDB floor plan ?

Kitchen Cabinet

I used Kompacplus's Kompac panel of Alaska Maple as my Kitchen top with lavender as the colour for glass backing.

The thicker frosted glass behind sink looks good, can support more load from suction hooks.

The only disappointment is the length of bottom kitchen drawer which is 480mm and not 500mm, thus I am unable to buy from IKEA for the accessories divider, only can get from BLUM - Orga-Line of the 450mm length.

Kitchen-Cabinet.jpg?et=YcwfbbjIN3upLc0OhwatFQ&nmid=616607782

Edited by 1000miles

Kitchen Cabinet

I used Kompacplus's Kompac panel of Alaska Maple as my Kitchen top with lavender as the colour for glass backing.

The thicker frosted glass behind sink looks good, can support more load from suction hooks.

The only disappointment is the length of bottom kitchen drawer which is 480mm and not 500mm, thus I am unable to buy from IKEA for the accessories divider, only can get from BLUM - Orga-Line of the 450mm length.

Kitchen-Cabinet.jpg?et=YcwfbbjIN3upLc0OhwatFQ&nmid=616607782

Beautiful kitchen top. I'm probably going to use kompactop as well. May I know how much did the company charge you the top plus labor? A contractor is charging me $110 per feet to be middle man. :(

Also I see that the layer below the actual top is black in color? Is that the default color?

Beautiful kitchen top. I'm probably going to use kompactop as well. May I know how much did the company charge you the top plus labor? A contractor is charging me $110 per feet to be middle man. :(

Also I see that the layer below the actual top is black in color? Is that the default color?

Use them directly to save cost. They quote $80/ft before GST. You can try say Derren from Senja recommends to see if got discount. hee hee.

The layer between top and bottom is black, otherwise is the colour what you choose.

Corridor

I use Besglas glass doors and bifold doors for my rooms and toilets. If can reverse time, I would just use my contractor instead of them, given the problem they gave. Lucky I got 10% discount by buying CaptiaLand Voucher during the promotion to pay for the doors, giving them in 410 pieces of $10 vouchers almost the full payment. :sport-smiley-004:

An advise those who are interested to get, do check throughly after they installed the doors for any defect. You can inform them to rectify it if you saw stratches on it. On shower screen, ensure that they do proper sealing with silicon and putting plastic cover, after installation done , use your shower head to spray water on the joints to see if water leaks through.

My wife has bad experience from their poor installation workmanship until they get another good team to do the job. :furious: They came 4 time to my place to do, meaning 4 half days gone.

Corridor.jpg?et=aiWiBSvgOm5JO0Ff1N3QDg&nmid=616607782

Hi

I m looking for good and reliable contractor for my 30 years 5 room resale flat, that require a whole thorough renovation.

May I know how much did your contractor quote you for the renovation? May i know the quotation that contractor gave was for ?

Be looking forward for the information.

Thank you

daeetoosio

Hi

I m looking for good and reliable contractor for my 30 years 5 room resale flat, that require a whole thorough renovation.

May I know how much did your contractor quote you for the renovation? May i know the quotation that contractor gave was for ?

Be looking forward for the information.

Thank you

daeetoosio

Hi,

I posted the around off figures for the major work. You can PM your email so that I can email you all the info.

I think more important is you are comfortable with the contractor/ID, a look at his current project in hands for the workmanship and quality. For me is I use Mr Jeffrey without looking for other contractor since he has done up my previous house at Bedok well, My sis-in-law also use him for major and minor reno.

Edited by 1000miles

U r Lucky. Fren complained beglas came 5 times. Bad service and bad workmanship!

Wow, I guess Beglas has a Big Bad service and workmanship.

Lucky I didn't get the pole system from them, or else vomit blood!

Reno breakdown

My renovation costed about 46k, below are the breakdown (figures are around off)

These exclude furnitures, sanitary wares, curtains, lightings.

• Hacking & Dismantle: 3.5k
  • Wet Work: 11.6k
  • Electrical Work: 1.8k
  • Plumbing Work: 1.4k
  • Carpentry Work: 7.6k
  • Ceiling / Partition Works: 4.6k
  • Kitchen sliding door: 1.3k
  • OPSH pole system wardrobe: 3k
  • Besglas doors, screen door & bifold doors: 4.3k
  • Gain City Aircon: 3.6k