Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
normanho23

Cost For Hacking Toilet Wall Tiles

Average cost for 2 nos. 6 ft x 8 ft HDB toilets full hacking and re-tiling walls and floors with water proofing is about $4000. But you got to factor in plumbing, installation of bathroom accessories, shower screens, doors, painting, lights, vanity cabinets, taps, basin, WC, shower units or rain shower, heaters and 3D design. Any direct contractor should be able to better the ID in pricing for simple toilet renovation for tiling for example. But he has to arrange all other works and HDB permits which most IDs has some advantages except for those direct contractor who does everything with own workers from 3D design to hacking, tiling, plumbing, carpentry, painting, supply and installation of sanitary wares, taps, basins, heaters, accessories, etc.

You confirmed just hacking and retiling for both toilets of 6ft * 8ft including HDB approved water-proofing is $4000? I dun need stuff like plumbing, bathroom accessories and other stuffs. Just hack existing floor + wall tiles then waterproof nd retile with tiles up to $3/psf. Your price should also include haulage costs and acid cleaning. Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Average cost for 2 nos. 6 ft x 8 ft HDB toilets full hacking and re-tiling walls and floors with water proofing is about $4000. But you got to factor in plumbing, installation of bathroom accessories, shower screens, doors, painting, lights, vanity cabinets, taps, basin, WC, shower units or rain shower, heaters and 3D design. Any direct contractor should be able to better the ID in pricing for simple toilet renovation for tiling for example. But he has to arrange all other works and HDB permits which most IDs has some advantages except for those direct contractor who does everything with own workers from 3D design to hacking, tiling, plumbing, carpentry, painting, supply and installation of sanitary wares, taps, basins, heaters, accessories, etc.

I'd be interested to know an estimation to Reno my small kitchen 3.9x2.5m hdb 4 rm.

I got quoted between $4000 and $6000 for hacking everything (including wall tiles, floor tiles, all bathroom fixtures) and replacing the tiles ($3.50 per sqft). Upper end is from ID. Lower end is from contractor.

Actually just go with the contractor just need to assured his workmanship. The contractor i engaging now said For long term use better go for tiles, not over cemented, u can save in living room and bedroom but not kitchen and toilet, so far he said 3 of his client regretted doing cemented, initially i wanted to do cemented, he persuaded me not to, if its so good 20 years ago ppl go for cemented why tilling and now 3 of his clients regretted. I think he has a point so we go for tilling.

I hv not started my reno so dont know how was his workmanship,but decided go for tilling, but its for long term so ok.

wow... how much does it cost to just hack both toilets wall tiles and make good the walls without laying new tiles?

It all depends on the toilet size :rolleyes:

wow... how much does it cost to just hack both toilets wall tiles and make good the walls without laying new tiles?

I got quoted between $4000 and $6000 for hacking everything (including wall tiles, floor tiles, all bathroom fixtures) and replacing the tiles ($3.50 per sqft). Upper end is from ID. Lower end is from contractor.

Resale flat. To minimize cost, I am considering either overlays or doing the cement wall. Not sure which will be cheaper but I am told that in order to overlay, I have to make sure that there is no cracks on the existing wall tiles...

No crack and also the existing wall tiles is not hallow inside or else in future your new overlay tiles will crack too.

Resale flat. To minimize cost, I am considering either overlays or doing the cement wall. Not sure which will be cheaper but I am told that in order to overlay, I have to make sure that there is no cracks on the existing wall tiles...

Pls help...

I am intending to hack down all the existing wall tiles for both my toilets and redo all the walls with cement finishing like the photo. Dimensions for the toilet is about 1600mm * 2400mm * 2400mm HDB height. Any idea how much is the estimated costs for such works to hack and resurface the walls?

20121023_205136.jpg

Is yours a new place or resale flat ?

Pls help...

I am intending to hack down all the existing wall tiles for both my toilets and redo all the walls with cement finishing like the photo. Dimensions for the toilet is about 1600mm * 2400mm * 2400mm HDB height. Any idea how much is the estimated costs for such works to hack and resurface the walls?

20121023_205136.jpg