Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
slowth

Anyone Buy Bulky Item From Taobao?

Actually $610 is cheap. The tiles weighed almost half a ton. I am using a freight forwarder not an agent.

Hi Pink, would like to know which freight forwarder you engage?

Wanna but some furniture from TB, probably dinning table, sideboard, chairs and etc..

Thanks a lot!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi recenttly i had purchase alot of item from Taobao..the 1st batch of purchase i had received 2weeks ago.

total abt 9 items 1. lighting 2. 3in1 shower panel x 2 sets, 3. kitchen tap & bathroom taps,4 ceiling fans x 2 set

5. painting 3 set ( 70 x70 cm per pc) 6. wall clock 7, rug ( 2.4 x 1.7 m)

Total damage ( include shipping ) S$ 650!!!!

I think if i purchase here it cost more than $2000++!!!!

And the quliaity is very good!! better den what I had expected!!!

Hi anyone interested in buying bulky items from Taobao. I can help out with lot more savings especially in shipping charges but I will need to charge a small agent fees. Those interested please e-mail me at sghomeaccessories@yahoo.com.sg

Cheers!

Just sharing because i know there are a lot of people out there who are looking for the best way to purchase from Taobao...

I used Jack's services to buy a ton of stuff and am glad to share that they all came in good condition!

Having used 65daigou before, i would highly recommend going through Jack if you have bulky or multiple items to purchase on Taobao. (I shipped 22 boxes of stuff including lights, sinks and toilet fittings over).

Jack did all the ordering and coordination on my behalf. All i do is email him my shopping list and transferred him cash to pay for the purchase and subsequently for the shipping.

I've done my fair bit of research to look for the best rates because i had a really long list of items to buy and i would have to say that I'm very satisfied with the service that Jack provides and his rates are really good too!

Thumbs up!

I must be the unlucky one. I have recently used Hoyoyo as middle man for my purchases from Taobao web and had a really bad experience with them and will like to share. The main issue I had was the hidden costs.

When arranging for shipment, there was an option to choose if we want to keep in original packaging or allow Hoyoyo to repack the items. If you choose the first option, got to pay extra RMB10. If you choose the latter, Hoyoyo will not be responsible for any damage. This was never stated on their website and info was available only after you have placed an order and made payment (charge by supplier, including domestic delivery charge) for the items. Later we realised that actually Hoyoyo will not take any responsiblities for any damage as 1 of our item was broken so we paid RMB10 for nothing.

They also charged us extra RMB100 to add on extra wooden frame to protect the item (claims it is fragile). Tried to argue why we need to pay extra as this is part of packaging but failed. Felt like being held ransom as if you don’t pay, they will probably not deliver the items to you. When the shipment arrives, it was actually for our small wooden shelf, which I think is an overkill.

They also don’t inform you prior delivery when the items reached Singapore. I have requested them to give me a call but they said they don’t do that, and no alternative solutions given. The best part is that if you are not at home to receive the items, you will need to pay additional for them to re-deliver. They have tracking info posted online to your account but status was only updated on the day itself and only 5 hours before they reached my house - how to arrange for person at home at such short notice.

I will definitely not use Hoyoyo or buy from Taobao as it is too high a risk to take. It is not exactly worth taking the risk as the shipping cost alone for my case is more than the cost of the items, and I have to bear many unknowns to ship the items over - hidden costs, inaccurate description of items, damages (as Hoyoyo states that they are not responsible for any damages).

Edited by Snowjasmine