Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
epiphone

Sharing Star Taobao Buys

anymore taobao links? :yamseng:

i bought a few philips led downlights from taobao via 65daigou... now waiting for the shipment to arrive. WIll comment when I received it.

the price for the downlights is much much cheaper than what we can find in SG.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hey guys, not sure if you all saw taobao's main page, they always have promos for singapore's customers. like now they having promo for DBS/POSB card members and awhile back for bank of china's card members. I was just wondering through agents they usually won't pass down the savings to us? Like if they're VIP customers of certain sellers they'll just keep quiet and charge us full price while getting discounted prices themselves.

So I'm wondering what are your views like, are you ok with them not sharing the savings with us or you don't care as long as you get the items you want? Like all these promos on taobao we're not entitled so I feel its abit wasted :(

Haven't visited this page in a while, thanks for keeping it alive; keep the examples of star buys coming guys.

One question about LED lights, are most contractors ok with us getting such stuff like LED lights, switches and installing them for us?

Hi, i'm sorry but am not very versed in reading chinese things. I would like to purchase some stuff (dining table) from taobao.com. Understand i need an agent like daigou65 to send my items over. Can anybody confirm if the procedures are correct?

1. Sign up an account with daigou65

2. type what i need to buy into the 'search' portion

3. Add the item

Does it tell me how much the shipping will be to sg? And that would be the confirmed shipping price right? They won't 'jack' up my price suddenly right?

Then wait for my item to arrive? How long does it usually take?

SOrry for the many questions. Trying to clear some doubts before I start making a purchase.

Oh yes, anybody bought rainshower fr taobao.com before?

There is shipping plus handling fees, from my memory should be like ~15% of the price you see on the page; I haven't bought from them for sometime. The waiting time was like 2-3 weeks for me. The steps you described are quite right, the sequences are actually well-detailed in the page, take a little time to read through.

Also there are various "imitations" that one must be aware of, especially when the price seems absurdly cheap. Anyone knows how to tell a genuine Grohe showerhead, let me know!

i bought a few philips led downlights from taobao via 65daigou... now waiting for the shipment to arrive. WIll comment when I received it.

the price for the downlights is much much cheaper than what we can find in SG.

Same here. I bought the Philips 10W LED downlights and a LED wall light. Singapore selling the downlights for $58, taobao selling for RM 168.

Got my items already. Came in Philips boxes, looks authentic, and all working.

are the philips led downlights original ones? coz just now i saw philips SG posted on their fb that there has been imitation ones and the codes on the lights are in chinese.

they looks authentic to me.. including the packaging, warranty and the box. Box arrived seal with a Philips Masking tape.. that 1 cannot be imitation ba..

Hey guys, just want to share my experience. I have tried various taobao agents before and they charge by volumetric weight. I understand that they don't pass down VIP saving or free gifts that they are entitled to.

I was introduced to "aibidding.com" a month back. The way they work is slightly different from the rest.

Goes something like this:

1) Buy from taobao and courier to their china warehouse

2) Pay using visa/mastercard.

3) claim goods on their website and wait.

I got my stuff, after claiming, in 4 working days. They charge by actual weight.

Buys

Among other stuff, I got 2 beanbags from taobao at CNY 204 a piece. Volumetric was supposed to be 102kg per beanbag but I was charged the actual weight of 5kg.

Looking to get a sofa from taobao as well. Anyone can advise on what to look out for? I already know the basics of the seller's ratings and consumers' comments (provided Google Chrome's translation service is accurate).