Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aH_gUAn

From P 2 P

We had confirmed our final layout for the new house, there will have alot of hacking and rebuilding of walls.

Hacking permit submitted and hopefully we can start hacking on 24 Jan.

All wet works, rebuid of wall, electrical works should be done before CNY.

Carpentary work will start after CNY and hopefully, we can move into our new house by end of March.

FinalLayout-Blog_zps4d3a4e01.jpg

Some pre-reno photo.

Slide1_zps89e591da.jpg

Slide2_zpsb85a0114.jpg

Slide3_zps785dcafc.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Finally got the key for the house and we went down today to meet Alan on site to do a site measurement and confirm of the details.

Now, we just have to wait for the renovation permit to be approv before we can start work next Thur.

We had shortlist alot of design that we wanted for the house,therefore we decided to link all the pictures together to see if it will turn out fine.

Slide1_zpsc220e6c1.jpg

Tentatively, the whole feel of the house looks good and it is similar to what we had in mind.

Hope everything will turn out fine :yamseng:

Finally got the key for the house and we went down today to meet Alan on site to do a site measurement and confirm of the details.

Now, we just have to wait for the renovation permit to be approv before we can start work next Thur.

We had shortlist alot of design that we wanted for the house,therefore we decided to link all the pictures together to see if it will turn out fine.

Slide1_zpsc220e6c1.jpg

Tentatively, the whole feel of the house looks good and it is similar to what we had in mind.

Hope everything will turn out fine :yamseng:

no more craftbrick wall in your final layout? quite a pity because your Air TV console will look awesome in front of a brickwall. HERF flooring looks great, do you think inter locking mechanism is enough to prevent water from seeping underneath the floor? I know its waterproof but if water is trapped underneath,there may be a unpleasant smell?

no more craftbrick wall in your final layout? quite a pity because your Air TV console will look awesome in front of a brickwall. HERF flooring looks great, do you think inter locking mechanism is enough to prevent water from seeping underneath the floor? I know its waterproof but if water is trapped underneath,there may be a unpleasant smell?

Yup no more craftstone wall because of the maintenance. As for the flooring, i guess we have to treat the flooring like what we will do for laminates. Wipe immediately if there is spills whatsoever.

The smell issue that we have read from some forum, according to the explanation from the Evorich guys, there was a batch of flooring that was problematic and the problem was in states but they have since resolved the issue. There has not been any case of bad smell so far here.

End of day, we choose this flooring because the pros outweighs the cons in our case (no hacking, child friendly, no grout, etc) Guess each type of flooring is its pros & Cons. it's really how comfortable we are with it. :)

So happy that i score this nice piece from Oddyssey!!! :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Photo19-1-1390730PM_zps3b98d532-1_zps76e3267b.jpg

Have been looking around for nice sewing machine legs / sewing machine table for awhile. Saw an art deco look alike piece from Hock Siong but they dont hold stocks so i didnt have the chance to visit and it's sold off. :(

Happen to log in to Oddyssey and spot this piece that they've just put up on FB.. It's in a really nice condition. Love it! Decided to bring it home with us and it shall be my sewing table in future! :sport-smiley-018:

Edited by ment0s

Yup no more craftstone wall because of the maintenance. As for the flooring, i guess we have to treat the flooring like what we will do for laminates. Wipe immediately if there is spills whatsoever.

The smell issue that we have read from some forum, according to the explanation from the Evorich guys, there was a batch of flooring that was problematic and the problem was in states but they have since resolved the issue. There has not been any case of bad smell so far here.

End of day, we choose this flooring because the pros outweighs the cons in our case (no hacking, child friendly, no grout, etc) Guess each type of flooring is its pros & Cons. it's really how comfortable we are with it. :)

thats a lot of homework done on the herf floor.

i will be doing reno mid of 2013. Im also considering herf. hopefully u will still be in this forum by then to give some reviews on it:)

good luck for your reno!

So happy that i score this nice piece from Oddyssey!!! :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Photo19-1-1390730PM_zps3b98d532-1_zps76e3267b.jpg

Have been looking around for nice sewing machine legs / sewing machine table for awhile. Saw an art deco look alike piece from Hock Siong but they dont hold stocks so i didnt have the chance to visit and it's sold off. :(

Happen to log in to Oddyssey and spot this piece that they've just put up on FB.. It's in a really nice condition. Love it! Decided to bring it home with us and it shall be my sewing table in future! :sport-smiley-018:

Nice buy! What kinda sewing do you do? :)

Agree with Texas5 that the craftbrick wall with ur console would be picture perfect. Nevertheless i do love your choice of look for the laundry area.

The hacking has started :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

More pictures to follow tomorrow of the hacking since the husband will only be popping by tomorrow.

Today we shall talk about tiles! Yes our tile selection, we went over hafary, hup kiong and lian seng hin last sun for the tile selection. Guess we know what we want for the house and we're both v firm on our ideas thus we took a record ....30mins (for the tile selection except out mosaic portion. will elaborate about this later on.

) .. having said that we only have v small areas of tiles to select since we will be using HERF for the kitchen as well because we created a wet area for laundry.

The mbr toilet has 3 colours , off-white and turquoise *Think beach resort kinda feel! Ahhh!!!!*

IMG_1909.jpg

Grey - Floor tiles, off white - wall tiles and we will be using full mosaic for the shower area and basin.

We hope to create an effect so the should look like this, but of course my toilet not so big la. hahaha...

ibarrarosano_winter_web07_620x521_1333392529_1_zps3ef29513.jpg

ibarrarosano_winter_web11_620x521_1333392552_1_zps225cb54a.jpg

Common toilet - Clean and simple look and feel - white and the same grey floor tiles and it should look like this

IMG_1908.jpg

ibarrarosano_levin_web10_620x521_1338834074_1_zps1bc5af3c.jpg

Edited by ment0s

We will be using subway tiles again (Smaller but 3D ones this time) + Hexagon mosaics for the laundry / wet area

IMG_1903-1.jpg

IMG_1902.jpg

IMG_1912.jpg

Kitchen wall tiles is simplest and cheapest of the lot because

1. it's a really tiny area

2. And the tiles is complement the clean and white look that we hope to achieve

IMG_1910.jpg

Edited by ment0s

Mentioned earlier that i've a tory to share about the mosaic. We're super fast in our tile selection because we know what we want but this also post as a problem for us for the mosaic selection.

This was one of our backup in the event we really could find anything we like but we would really prefer that it is in a single colour.

IMG_1905-1.jpg

Because we only want that shade of turquoise/aqua tiles and it had to be a single colour. We ( or rather myself since i'm more anal) had a hard time digging out all the mosaic suppliers in singapore. I emailed like 10-15? (forgot) companies with pictures of the tiles that we are looking for and calling them up to check if they have stick available. after 2 days of phone calls, web trawling and emails,

We initially found a single color mosaic tile from SBH but because they were out of stock and needed to indent for stock and it'll take 6-8 weeks),*gua gua* :dunno: We have to start the search all over again

皇天不负苦心人, we finally a tile company (Unlimited) who has similar shades that we wanted. Our chosen mosaic~ looks a little dark from the pic here because this is the back of the mosaic but it def closest to what we're looking for. The Bisazza Vetricolor 20 collection! (some italian imported tiles.)

We're initially pondering on whether if we should just do 1 full wall mosaic feature wall in the shower stall or the entire shower stall. But having gone thru so much trouble to look for the mosaic. Heck la! WE've decided to bite the bullet and go all the way! :drunk:

$$$$$$ Kaching kaching! I can hear the cashier ringing in my ears.

IMG_0507_zpsd0363413.jpgIMG_0506_zpsd43248f3.jpg

In the process of mosaic search, i highly recommend the following 2 stores to visit if you're looking for a particular shade of mosaic like us. They have definitely the more choices that the normal tile shops we frequent.

Rice fields - Fantastic customer service unfortunately the tiles needs to be indent and we couldnt afford the wait.

65 6227 3156

66 eng watt street 01-04 singapore 160066 |historic tiong bahru|

The place we got our mosaics

Unlimited Enterprises (Pte ) Ltd, Block 34 Whampoa West, #01-43 Singapore 330034

:: Tel : (65) 6298 5713, 6298 5715, 6293 4787, 6293 4788 :: Fax : (65) 6294 3736

Edited by ment0s