Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adny5517

The Only Massionette In Sembawang With Bomb Shelter

Hi All,

We just got ourself a massionette in Sembawang but the layout is different from the rest of the older massionette. Restriction on hacking and a toilet on the 1st floor in the middle of no where. So I was just wondering if that toilet on the 1st floor can be shift. I know about the s@#t hole part. But if align to the left (meaning flush left) it will get a direct piping from the top floor common bathroom. I'm not sure if its allowed. Below the floorplan. Need some advice from experts or residents who have the same floorplan. Screenshot2012-11-23atPM122928.png

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Relocation of piping within your own unit is much much easier than relocating of piping that involves the unit downstairs.

Thus, it is much easier to exchange the position of the toilet and shower for the upstairs bathrooms than it is for the downstairs one. I switched the position of my upstairs common bathroom shower and toilet as such.

How about shifting your upstairs bathroom to suit your downstairs instead?

Congrats on joining the ranks of EM owners. Didn't know sembawang has EM. Ur layout is nice with sizable service yard n storeroom :)

Relocation of piping within your own unit is much much easier than relocating of piping that involves the unit downstairs.

Thus, it is much easier to exchange the position of the toilet and shower for the upstairs bathrooms than it is for the downstairs one. I switched the position of my upstairs common bathroom shower and toilet as such.

How about shifting your upstairs bathroom to suit your downstairs instead?

Hey, thanks for the reply. I think moving around the shower head and sink etc is not a problem for any bathroom. But the issue I have here is the toilet is smack in the middle of kitchen and living room. Was thinking of moving the bathroom downstair and shift it to flush left so that I will have an open concept kitchen.

Congrats on joining the ranks of EM owners. Didn't know sembawang has EM. Ur layout is nice with sizable service yard n storeroom :)

Thanks Potatoes. But seriously, the service yard is kinda pathetic. Thats why I wanna move the bathroom. If u see the small space between the bathroom and the window. That is enough to put only washing machine. Nevertheless, I like the idea of it being the last and only Massionette in Sembawang. Hopefully in year to come, the price mite jack-up. (cross-fingers & toes)...

Hey, thanks for the reply. I think moving around the shower head and sink etc is not a problem for any bathroom. But the issue I have here is the toilet is smack in the middle of kitchen and living room. Was thinking of moving the bathroom downstair and shift it to flush left so that I will have an open concept kitchen.

I understand ur concern.... It's going to be a challenge to relocate the downstair toilet. If u can do that, it will definitely open up ur kitchen space but no service yard. Then u have the laundry issue.... I personally still find myself fighting for space staying in a EM.... Wish downstairs could be bigger. Esp guest room, service yard, bathroom and storeroom.

Is that considered 3rd gen EM? The layout looks like the ones we viewed at jelapang rd, though we can't remember if there's bomb shelter in the L1 room.

I suppose u going to extend your living to the balcony for bigger space?

Edited by spikedoll

Is that considered 3rd gen EM? The layout looks like the ones we viewed at jelapang rd, though we can't remember if there's bomb shelter in the L1 room.

I suppose u going to extend your living to the balcony for bigger space?

Yep, The balcony is actually a living to tell you the truth. I mean currently its already been converted to living. So i will keep it that way. I'm not sure how jelapang rd EM look like tho. But the bomb shelter is not only downstairs its also upstairs. Both structure cant be demolish.

Congrats!

Welcome to the EM group.

Looking forward to your reno updates and share your reno cost and details :)

Based on what I've read it won't be allowed. Even extending the bathroom requires permission and then not more than 600mm and must be dry area if I recall correctly (many restrictions lar). So completely relocating the toilet sounds like mission impossible.

Nevertheless, there is always a first time. All the best with your reno and congrats on your new home!

The bomb shelter proves very challenging and hinders renovation ideas.

You can have a big store in the study room. I have seen my friend use a tic tac door flush with a false wall to hide the iron door.

The bomb shelter in bedroom can double up as a walk in wardrobe....