Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Prettibride

Modern Minimalist Look

I'm hiding all switches in the kitchen cabinets and aligning the power points along the side of the cabinet, just above the solid top. This way, I don't have to mess up my mosaic backsplash. Also, I'm hiding my toaster and coffee maker with a shutter. When I need to use them, I just pull the shelf out.

Thanks Ripples! I do have a mosaic backsplash too. In fact when I told my reno contractor that and he said it's illegal. He added that power points must be 60cm above the solid top. Sometimes rules are meant to be broken especially maintaining design concepts. Is this suggested by your ID or it's your very own direction? Sometimes ID can whip up fantastic designs but you will soon realize the practicality is often compromised. The best part is you don't see appliances appearing in ID magazines, and even IKEA's catalog.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Thanks Ripples! I do have a mosaic backsplash too. In fact when I told my reno contractor that and he said it's illegal. He added that power points must be 60cm above the solid top. Sometimes rules are meant to be broken especially maintaining design concepts. Is this suggested by your ID or it's your very own direction? Sometimes ID can whip up fantastic designs but you will soon realize the practicality is often compromised. The best part is you don't see appliances appearing in ID magazines, and even IKEA's catalog.

60cm is too high. I'm going to move as low as I can. Anyway, if you keep them all on one panel, the clean lines will be maintained.

wow mist, those pictures are really nice. But personnally i find all white is kinda boring. So i like to have white with colorful decorations like green, orange or pink. There is this TV ad recently which shows a white house with a lot of green plants...really nice too..that is the kinda effect I wanna achieve for my house.

Btw, I am looking for a full glass coffee table like this one here:

glassy.jpg

I wonder if anyone here has it or has seen it somewhere before? Can let me know how much it cost? Cheapest I can find is $350 but not sure if they are still selling it.

Very nice coffee table..

where do you get that picture .. I want to buy it too..