Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fredchia

Boon Siew Interior Or Art And Design

Hi Happy

Erm... Mr Low is not PERFECT leh

But overall, mai hiam not bad lo

But u got to be beri patient cos he can be quite slow in showing u the confirmed drawings of the kitchen cabinets etc etc. I have chased him for drawings many times before he gave it to me.

Tis is quite vexing lo.. bt i have learned his 'pattern' and adopt a bochup attitude which makes my life less miserable

Keke

But ultimately, everything goes on fine... he is responsible lo if tat is ur utmost criteria in chooseing a renovator. But if u wanna those designer style... he may not be suitable i feel... (my personal opinon)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Happy

But u got to be beri patient cos he can be quite slow in showing u the confirmed drawings of the kitchen cabinets etc etc. I have chased him for drawings many times before he gave it to me.

Tis is quite vexing lo.. bt i have learned his 'pattern' and adopt a bochup attitude which makes my life less miserable

Keke

But ultimately, everything goes on fine... he is responsible lo if tat is ur utmost criteria in chooseing a renovator. But if u wanna those designer style... he may not be suitable i feel... (my personal opinon)

Thks...I am looking for contractors not designers.

Old pple like me prefer to keep it simple...hehehehehehe.....

Cannot follow / keep on track with youngsters! :unsure:

Hi

i am new here . Anyone try before Boon Siew Innovation at Toa Payoh .

hi,

the boon siew interior we are talking abt here is located at Bishan Central. i think its a different boon siew you are talking abt. :P

Hi.

I'm new to this forum. Saw the postings on Mr Low.

We're looking for a contractor/ID to do up our kitchen cabinets, sinks and cooking area.

Can I have Mr Low's contact no. pls?

Thanks.

Hi All,

I am currently searching for a reliable ID. Boon Siew Interior seems to be reliable. To aid our decision making, appeciate if anyone here can post pics of their flat that is done by Boon Siew Interior @ Bishan or pm me your pix.

Hi All,

I am currently searching for a reliable ID. Boon Siew Interior seems to be reliable. To aid our decision making, appeciate if anyone here can post pics of their flat that is done by Boon Siew Interior @ Bishan or pm me your pix.

Hi M&M,

I'm starting my reno with Mr Low of Boon Siew next week - will attempt to post pix on progress then.

Hi Happy

Keke

Hi folks

First and foremost, I do agree that no one is perfect.

I was recommended to Mr Low by a friend and eventually took up a home reno package with him.

Probably I engaged him at the wrong time.

Unlike some of you, my experience with him was quite unpleasant.

I guessed I just dun click well with "Ah Chek".

My first fight with him was when I went back to my place to take a look and noticed no one is around (it was not lunch time).

So out of curiosity, I called him to find out if they are not working that day or have other arrangements.

The stupid man actually raised his voice and told me that he has the right to deploy them anywhere he deemed fit.

This pissed me off as I am not questioning his authority and I retorted back that I asked him because I am not a fortune-teller, i duno and thats y i asked him.

That aside, when my house was delivered to me b4 CNY, it took us more than 4 months to tie up the loose ends.

1) my living room tiles look "blurred" (mutiple groups of people were sent to clean/scrub/wash the tiles but to no avail. Finally someone came with a machine to polish them, but the final result is that my tiles do not look shiny anymore even though those blur patches have been removed).

2) The painting work is not too satisfactory (the painters came back to touch up again)

3) Need to replaced my wardrobe doors and dividers as there were cracks (this friendly subcontractor replaced them promptly)

4) Window grilles were not properly fitted, resulting some "ghostly" noises when theres strong wind (the subcontractors re-fitted them after that)

5) Alignment of my room doors with the flooring are out (nothing can be done and I was told to live with it)

6) and some more others....

During that 4mths, we spent most of our Saturdays at home, waiting for the subcontractors to tie up the loose ends.

Good thing is that most of the things were resolved (I am glad that they are responsible in this aspect), but what I am pissed is that during this period, he was very unresponsive and even arranged for another colleague to take over. He re-surfaced only towards the end of the episode.

At the end of the whole thing, personally what i can conclude is that their service/prices is nothing spectacular, and workmanship is below my expectations.

When my newly married friends/colleagues asked for recommendations, I simply smiled and said "no comments".

To others whose place just got renovated, I asked how was their experience with their contractors?

Most of them just shook their heads and replied that "there are more happy moments than unhappy ones".

I guess I am not alone and I really have no one to recommend.

I know that my message might look out of place among the rest of you, but I just wana share my piece of experience.

Cheers