Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jasdy

"sailing" To The Northeast@punggol

Thanks for the compliments!

elginang: The reno cost I paid to my ID was about ~$40K (main items are flooring, L-boxes and carpentry)

Hi just curious,

You engaged KW of Jurong East ?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wow your living room really nailed it good. Normally I think the brick wall is a trend but when I see that beautiful led tv on that brick wall . The blend of rustic past and modern future is awesome !

The 3d was emotionless where your real living room has a good vibe and loooks just comfy !

Hi mrmerry,

Yes. Agree that the 3D pics appeared emotionless. We were so disappointed when we first saw it. Luckily our furniture picks worked in the end. Thanks for the compliments!

Actually my parents kinda pyscho me to opt for the hdb tiles....****. kinda regret right now. Anyway, once i get my keys. I just view the actual scene before i decide what to do next. Anyway, i am going to hack down the wall between the kitchen and service yard, do the levelling so as to make the kitchen look bigger. Install windows and grille for all winodows. Getting windowcool to do the shades too. We see how the flooring look likes first. I was comtemplated cause my dad keeps telling me that main door once open cannot face directly to the window. Not good. well it's his old saying and my parents are staying over once i get the keys. I have seen so many designs by the forummers. Some of the designs i like, but i guess i will be installing craft bricks for my living room. XD

I had wanted to opt in for HDB floor tiles 3 years back then as it's much cheaper and we can pay using cpf instead of cash.

However, wife insisted she doesnt want HDB floor tiles having heard lots of horror stories from relatives.

True enough, many of our neighbours who had opted in for HDB tiles were not satisfied with the quality of the tiles and the workmanship. Quite a few of them had issues with the timber skirting, which was not stuck on properly. So well, if you can afford it, best is to do your own flooring to save your headache.

There's so many types of floor tiles now, we were spoilt for choice! In the end, to go with our scandinavian theme, we chose a matt homo tile. It's very nice to step on, doesnt feel as cold as gloss homo tiles even after a night's of air con. Not that slippery when it wet after mopping too. Only thing is it 'absorbs' grease, so we often see stains on the tiles, which can only be removed by thinner. But if you just close 1 eye, it sort of adds a 'raw' touch to the overall feel.

Well i have a fair amount $ to reno my new flat. I did opt for the new hdb tiles. I dont really want to waste additional $ on tiles but really have to see the actual layout when i collect my keys. Till now, i still s

Now sourcing for items which easily add up to more than the reno cost itself. I am still doing my homework and research on what are the items are i want.

Dint expect ill be juggling alot of things. Come to think of it. Will be taking one step @ a time.

anyway mine is still kinda early to say but roughly what are the main things will be doing. Will revamp the service yard, hack off the wall between it and make the kitchen looks longer. doing the partition between the main door to the living room or creating a room for the living room for my entertainment...:P