Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
starmaster85

My Unpleasant Encounter

hello all , i have always been a passive viewer of renotalk , preferring to view other people experience and generally dont really wanna comment much ,

but this time round i am very angry and pissed with my renovation ID that i actually made the effort to registered just so i can share with you my experience and hope u guys will not fall for this .

Here goes my story....

I am a resident of punngol regalia , last year after getting my keys i decided to get the renovation package from inspirational ID , his name is ALAN TAN

He is generally ok throughout the renovation , the problems starts around 8 mths after the handover of my house .

On the 4th of dec 2012 , my wife suddenly woke me up while i was napping and told me that my glass door at kitchen has shattered without any cause , it has shown any damage before and we did not hit the door to cause it to break . she was watching TV when she heard a loud shattering noise and discovered the glass door had broken , i immediatly took a photo and called ALAN , my ID to inform him for the warranty claiming , first he answer and claimed he wanted to ask his boss for opinion

after about 10 mins , i whatspp him again on the update

this is our conversation

img0713.png

img0714.png

I am very angry that the company did not honor thier warranty , even had the audacity to say it's wear and tear , the following day i made my way to CASE and lodge a report , getting a letter and proceed directly to thier office at yishun to pass them the letter , as from the way he reply , it is implied that his boss told him to tell me that this is wear and tear

a reproduction of the letter

59896658.jpg

His colleague had received the letter and as the director mr chng is not at office , i left the letter with his staff and proceed home

when i reach home , his partner at the same ID firm , toh kim huat whom i remember fondly as uncle toh ( he helped me with many minor works when i am still renovating before) , came to my house to view the problem and IMMEDIATLY call his contractor in to replace the door at no cost , note that this is before the boss has even read the letter and call me ( the office staff called uncle toh to inform him of the situation )

subsequently in the afternoon mr chng , the managing director called me to ask the situation ( he said he did not know about this situation , i think i will leave it to the viewer on whether alan had actually called his boss to ask about the glass door incident ). i told him everything and also inform him that another of his staff uncle toh had already taken care of the problem by replacing mine door at no cost.

the conclusion :

I wish to inform everyone of thier right to replace any defects at no cost within the warranty period , as i had ask for my legal rights at CASE as a consumer , do not let the irresponsible ID from "smoking" us and left us holding the baby when something bad happen.

in this case , i am very dissappointed with ALAN from inspirational ID , he made me waste time going down to CASE and going to thier office , this had wasted more than 4 hours of of time .

on the other hand , uncle toh kim huat , also from the same firm, is a much more responsible person by personally coming down to my house to settle my trouble and offering to replace my door at no cost .

overall i find its more of the person character rather then the company he is working for that matters . i do not wish to post thier contact , anyone who wish to know can pm me .

Edited by starmaster85

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hello all , i have always been a passive viewer of renotalk , preferring to view other people experience and generally dont really wanna comment much ,

but this time round i am very angry and pissed with my renovation ID that i actually made the effort to registered just so i can share with you my experience and hope u guys will not fall for this .

Here goes my story....

I am a resident of punngol regalia , last year after getting my keys i decided to get the renovation package from inspirational ID , his name is ALAN TAN

He is generally ok throughout the renovation , the problems starts around 8 mths after the handover of my house .

On the 4th of dec 2012 , my wife suddenly woke me up while i was napping and told me that my glass door at kitchen has shattered without any cause , it has shown any damage before and we did not hit the door to cause it to break . she was watching TV when she heard a loud shattering noise and discovered the glass door had broken , i immediatly took a photo and called ALAN , my ID to inform him for the warranty claiming , first he answer and claimed he wanted to ask his boss for opinion

after about 10 mins , i whatspp him again on the update

this is our conversation

img0713.png

img0714.png

I am very angry that the company did not honor thier warranty , even had the audacity to say it's wear and tear , the following day i made my way to CASE and lodge a report , getting a letter and proceed directly to thier office at yishun to pass them the letter , as from the way he reply , it is implied that his boss told him to tell me that this is wear and tear

a reproduction of the letter

59896658.jpg

His colleague had received the letter and as the director mr chng is not at office , i left the letter with his staff and proceed home

when i reach home , his partner at the same ID firm , toh kim huat whom i remember fondly as uncle toh ( he helped me with many minor works when i am still renovating before) , came to my house to view the problem and IMMEDIATLY call his contractor in to replace the door at no cost , note that this is before the boss has even read the letter and call me ( the office staff called uncle toh to inform him of the situation )

subsequently in the afternoon mr chng , the managing director called me to ask the situation ( he said he did not know about this situation , i think i will leave it to the viewer on whether alan had actually called his boss to ask about the glass door incident ). i told him everything and also inform him that another of his staff uncle toh had already taken care of the problem by replacing mine door at no cost.

the conclusion :

I wish to inform everyone of thier right to replace any defects at no cost within the warranty period , as i had ask for my legal rights at CASE as a consumer , do not let the irresponsible ID from "smoking" us and left us holding the baby when something bad happen.

in this case , i am very dissappointed with ALAN from inspirational ID , he made me waste time going down to CASE and going to thier office , this had wasted more than 4 hours of of time .

on the other hand , uncle toh kim huat , also from the same firm, is a much more responsible person by personally coming down to my house to settle my trouble and offering to replace my door at no cost .

overall i find its more of the person character rather then the company he is working for that matters . i do not wish to post thier contact , anyone who wish to know can pm me .

Good job! Thumbs up!