Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Odielim

Odie & Roy Humble Home

actually not really...

we just went to Harris Resort for a holiday too.

We got the rooms from a tour agency (because after doing extensive homework, we realised that we could get the room cheaper from this particular tour agency rather than booking on our own from asiarooms for eg) and it was totally free and easy. they came with transfer from jetty to hotel.

but we were rather unhappy with the trip coz all our memories of waterfront city were backdated. my fault. i kept telling our friends about the happy times i spent there when i was last back there - with the indoor snow city, the well maintained paintball area, the then-new go kart area... back then was super fun. this time around, we realised that everything was so run down and old and the indoor snow city had burned down several years earlier...

sigh

aiyoh... pls don't say that. i hardly think she can be considered to be a master.

let's learn and explore together... !!

if $300 2 pax still ok. but per pax not ex meh? :help:

i can go genting to enjoy e cold with $300 per pax. :)

went to sebana cove last yr. really relax coz nothing much there. only ting is the swimming pool. perhaps i can consider going there coz it's really cheap! :dancingqueen:

at most laze in the swimming pool :dancingqueen:

but there's bed bugs or watever coz i got rashes on my legs coz of the chairs i sat down in the cafeteria.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
if $300 2 pax still ok. but per pax not ex meh? !!

i can go genting to enjoy e cold with $300 per pax. :)

went to sebana cove last yr. really relax coz nothing much there. only ting is the swimming pool. perhaps i can consider going there coz it's really cheap! :dancingqueen:

but there's bed bugs or watever coz i got rashes on my legs coz of the chairs i sat down in the cafeteria.

SGD$300 a night is cut throat - I dont mind paying that kind of hotel in Japan or elsewhere but definitely not in southeast asia. :help:

if $300 2 pax still ok. but per pax not ex meh? !!

i can go genting to enjoy e cold with $300 per pax. :help:

went to sebana cove last yr. really relax coz nothing much there. only ting is the swimming pool. perhaps i can consider going there coz it's really cheap! :)

oops

fifi, let me clarify.

when i say, "actually not really", it was in response to what you said about booking on your own equals troublesome jetty transfer. yes, no offence to ahnah, but i also think 300 per pax is very ex. i paid $68 per pax a couple of weeks ago.

at 300 per pax, i can consider going to thailand on a very tight budget - but where's the fun in that? :dancingqueen:

oops

fifi, let me clarify.

when i say, "actually not really", it was in response to what you said about booking on your own equals troublesome jetty transfer. yes, no offence to ahnah, but i also think 300 per pax is very ex. i paid $68 per pax a couple of weeks ago.

at 300 per pax, i can consider going to thailand on a very tight budget - but where's the fun in that? :help:

haha... i tink ahnah heard the package from his bro...

hmm... so did u sign a package or book it online?can guide me along in how to arrange for hotel / transfer? i normally sign up package dat's y !!

no worries homeowner.. hope someone can help out too..

my blog is open to anything under the sun !!

going to see doc soon.. chat u all when back..

can i just drop my nose somewhere? :help:

ahnah - there is an earthquake.. no wonder i thought why my bed shake just now or was it mine heavy head? :) blur liao.... :dancingqueen: :dancingqueen: :argue::curse:

hmm... so did u sign a package or book it online?can guide me along in how to arrange for hotel / transfer? i normally sign up package dat's y !!

what my FW and i did was to scour packages online before deciding that the cheapest one we could find was tied down to a tour agency's in singapore.

there's quite a few packages available online right now -

http://www.fascinating.com.sg/free&eas...esort-dec06.htm

This seems to be the cheapest so far. you might be able to find something cheaper.

If you can trust online booking, you might also be able to consider this -

http://www.sunplanners.com/harris.htm

hope it helps!

Mar 5, 11:47 PM EST

Powerful Indonesian earthquake sends residents fleeing, felt in Singapore, Malaysia

JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) -- A powerful earthquake rattled western Indonesia Tuesday, damaging buildings and sending panicked residents running into the streets on Sumatra island, officials and witnesses said.

It was felt as far away as Singapore, where some office buildings were evacuated, and in neighboring Malaysia.

The U.S. Geological Survey said the tremor had a preliminary magnitude of 6.3 and struck 50 kilometers (around 30 miles) from Padang, a city on Sumatra's western coast. It had a depth of 33 kilometers (about 20 miles).

There were no initial reports of injuries, said Sgt. Gunawaman, a police spokesman who like many Indonesians uses one name. The shaking shattered glass doors and shop windows, he said.

"Everything in my house were fell down... a cabinet hit me," said Rahma Nurjana, a Padang resident. "My neighbor's house collapsed."

The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center in Hawaii said the earthquake occurred on land, meaning no tsunami warnings would be issued.

The tremor was felt in Singapore, 430 kilometers (265 miles) from the epicenter, forcing the evacuation of several older office buildings, TV station Channel NewsAsia reported.

Residents in Malaysia's largest city, Kuala Lumpur, also reported tremors.

Indonesia, the world's largest archipelago, is prone to seismic upheaval due to its location on the so-called Pacific "Ring of Fire," an arc of volcanos and fault lines encircling the Pacific Basin.

In December 2004, a massive earthquake struck off Indonesia's Sumatra island and triggered a tsunami that killed more than 230,000 people, including 131,000 people in Indonesia's Aceh province alone. A tsunami off Java island last year killed nearly 5,000.

© 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy.

Thanks kenmura.

if not going by package then have u any idea how to transfer from the jetty to the hotel?

http://www.sunplanners.com/harris.htm

this one seems to be valid only until Oct 2005?

oops

my bad

try booking from the hotel directly

http://www.harris-batam.com/

it's quite easy actually.

there are 4 options if i recall rightly -

1) The jetty terminal has driver services to send you anywhere, including harris resort. quite ex.

2) Walk 5 m out of the jetty terminal and lots of taxis are available. They cost $2. But its a little bit scary coz you don't feel totally safe.

3) There will be Harris representatives at the ferry terminal. Ask them to call the hotel and send a transfer mini bus for you. $2. Best option.

4) Hope that there will be the mini bus already there. Pretend that you're part of the tour package and just hop on for free.

!!

oops

my bad

1) The jetty terminal has driver services to send you anywhere, including harris resort. quite ex.

2) Walk 5 m out of the jetty terminal and lots of taxis are available. They cost $2. But its a little bit scary coz you don't feel totally safe.

3) There will be Harris representatives at the ferry terminal. Ask them to call the hotel and send a transfer mini bus for you. $2. Best option.

4) Hope that there will be the mini bus already there. Pretend that you're part of the tour package and just hop on for free.

:help:

Thanks!

i agree (4) is the best option! !!

SGD$300 a night is cut throat - I dont mind paying that kind of hotel in Japan or elsewhere but definitely not in southeast asia. !!

3D2N

oops

fifi, let me clarify.

at 300 per pax, i can consider going to thailand on a very tight budget - but where's the fun in that? :dancingqueen:

300++ per room. 3D2N

oops

my bad

:help:

So far I only saw MiniBus from Mega Mall (HyperMart opp. of Batam Center Ferry Terminal)

Maybe there are minibus from certain resort that I duno.

hmm... so did u sign a package or book it online?can guide me along in how to arrange for hotel / transfer? i normally sign up package dat's y :)

yah. I heard from my bro.. I dun have $ to go resort .. only put up at the hotel that I usually went.

hmm...just wondering why dun you head to bintan ? the resort there are better :help:

Is this for half day or full day CCC? I'm paying $505 for half-day.

The current one sounds really scary. Why did you shift him from the ex-CCC - 'cos you moved?

wow ur 505 for half day only is super ex for me lar...

$680 for whole day i already think to very very exp liao...

ya bec i move house... the ex CCC not bad actually... cant say is good... but is average...

not like the current one... cant make it lar... bo biang have to change again lor... waste my $ actually.. for the resister fee and the uniform... sianz...