Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Odielim

Odie & Roy Humble Home

good morning...

3 room flats are not bad.. small and easier to keep clean~ :D

tend to keep less things to make the place neat n tidy...

i hardly see my neighbours in the weekend too...

at least i will have a new neighbour in a few months time...

well, i learnt a lot through the experience of reno...

first time was parents place but i didnt get involved much.. (much regretted not gaining much experience from there)

if i can do again.. i will change some stuff and improve some designs of the place...(especially hacking of the ugly walls!! :P hee hee)

homeowner - yeah lor... i can do more stuff nicer for my place...

anyway, say only lar... i want to enjoy my sweet home right now... :D now can play games and watch any shows and fighting with roy with the remote.. heh heh.. that is a sweet life~ :lol:

:dancingqueen:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
not siao, and definitely not rich pple. the assumption is of course whatever we've spent on reno would be recovered in full (if not with some extra) if they wanna buy back. then as odie said, can make good items that wasn't perfect or discard redundant item :dancingqueen:

Ok ok . But chances are too slim.

HDB cant sell away their EA, and now market high demand for smaller unit. So no choice HDB clear stock split the EA into two and make more money.

JW also same, my opp block had been restructure to build apartment for elderly. :lol:

Nw Spore more ederly than youngster. :dancingqueen:

wow. they convert an existing EA blk to 2-3 room?

Usually those ppl who live in 2-3 rooms are elderly or those from lower income family. (got income ceiling to buy 2-3rm right?) Anyway, i heard from a fren who moved into a 3rm flat and she kept complaining the place lived "poor" ppl, and messy.

I dunno why she thinks that way since I am from 3rm flat too. Dun think its messy or "poor" lei. :dancingqueen:

i tink it deps on the estate area? my grandma used to stay in a 3rm in tpy too. i find it messy coz there's quite often fights breaking out... and when i walk past, i can feel many ppl staring at me (perhaps i was too overly sensitive :lol:)

but for the new estates, since my new flat has 3 rm, i actually suggested to my parents that they can sell their current flat and buy a 3 rm in the same block (2nd hand)... but it is not possible coz the 3 rm flats are soo expensive now :D

if not wrong there is income ceiling for 3-rm ...... I also come from 3-rm flat, i dun find it messy or poor, i personally find the old 3-rm neighbourhood more lively and friendly :dancingqueen: neighbours from next door or next block they can get together and do excerise , taiji in the morning etc..... i dun see things like this in newer and more rooms flat :lol:

depends on location....

in my estate there is a total of 3 blocks of 1.5 rooms(2rooms)....i have to passby them everyday.

Police car, ambulance, fire engine and sometimes the blackvan ang chin moh are a common sight.

when old neighbours moved out, new funny pple moved in, who dump their rubbish everywhere/anywhere. every morning, the flat's void deck is littered with rubbish...cant understand how come they got so much rubbish...

too many to tell...

HDB cant sell away their EA, and now market high demand for smaller unit. So no choice HDB clear stock split the EA into two and make more money.

How to sell?

1) EA mostly in funny shapes. I dont want to live in a staircase shaped or triangular shaped house.

2) overpriced - mostly lousy location, no amenities still wanna sell $350k-$400k

3) biggest area i have come across - 130sqm only - but due to the odd shape it looks so small.

depends on location....

in my estate there is a total of 3 blocks of 1.5 rooms(2rooms)....i have to passby them everyday.

Police car, ambulance, fire engine and sometimes the blackvan ang chin moh are a common sight.

when old neighbours moved out, new funny pple moved in, who dump their rubbish everywhere/anywhere. every morning, the flat's void deck is littered with rubbish...cant understand how come they got so much rubbish...

too many to tell...

yea its true it depends on estate! my old place was at queenstown.. nothing exciting. stayed there 20 over years. only once saw a suicide case (jumped off the corridor) and an attempted suicide case (my upstairs neighbour wanted to jump so the police came over into my house and tried to catch her if she jump haha. drama mama) But other then that, queenstown is a lovely old peaceful neighbourhood where the skies are blue and the people are frenly :dancingqueen:

i believe every neighbourhood have their stories to tell :dancingqueen:

whether its 3 room or 4 room or 5 room... etc...

i live in clementi for 21 years also have cases of pple jumping down... students, maids, etc all sort of stories...

most of the time is quite peaceful also.. :lol:

anyway, side track abit... anyone knows the retail price for the MS office 07 Student / Home Edition - OEM?

i saw one at $215, wondering anywhere selling cheaper...

most of the time is quite peaceful also.. :dancingqueen:

anyway, side track abit... anyone knows the retail price for the MS office 07 Student / Home Edition - OEM?

i saw one at $215, wondering anywhere selling cheaper...

student edition no oem. $215 thats cheap.

but then i would recommend that you get the 2003 version. never buy new stuffs from microsoft.

OEM - means install on only 1 machine and 1 time only. So if that Harddisk crash .. u have to purchase again.

oops $225... typo error.. sorry... erh... they write here OEM leh.. any difference or??

!!

pricesjk5.gif

orh......maybe bcos my distributor don bring in student packs.

OEM - no difference on product. only that the license is for NEW purchased computers.

meaning it mustnt be installed on a old machine. But in sg, pple just hack care.

you may install/uninstall 100000000000000000000000 times on your PC, provided it's the same PC.

I am thinking to buy laptop to replace my current pc (Nw laying comfortable in the box).

Any suggestion for a good laptop or any commend on Apple's laptop? !!

I am thinking to buy laptop to replace my current pc (Nw laying comfortable in the box).

Any suggestion for a good laptop or any commend on Apple's laptop? !!

for home use, it's better to use desktop.

laptop - suitable for students and salespersons.

1) tech gets phase-out roughly 12mths meaning your 2ndhand laptop is worth only 50% in market.

2) parts are expensive to replace, some could not be replaced.

3) in terms of $$$ against Speed, laptops lose out to desktops handsdown.

apple

1) more for the geeks who just wants to be LOOKED different from others.

2) parts are expensive to replace.

3) support/service are expensive.

4) get a apple only you have a group of friends who knows how to repair it.

5) games and software is restricted.

OEM - means install on only 1 machine and 1 time only. So if that Harddisk crash .. u have to purchase again.

Don't think this is true. OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer. Basically, an OEM version and a normal retail version is that the OEM version does not have the fancy packaging, manuals etc. You should still have the installation CDs. If your hard disk crash, you can always install again.

Don't think this is true. OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer. Basically, an OEM version and a normal retail version is that the OEM version does not have the fancy packaging, manuals etc. You should still have the installation CDs. If your hard disk crash, you can always install again.

Last time I was thinking in this way, until we went thru BSA, talk to Microsoft Rep. and went thru the whole process of the Software Asset Audit. Then I know the real meaning of OEM s/w from Micro$oft.

Maybe I outdated lor .. !!