Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Odielim

Odie & Roy Humble Home

for home use, it's better to use desktop.

laptop - suitable for students and salespersons.

1) tech gets phase-out roughly 12mths meaning your 2ndhand laptop is worth only 50% in market.

2) parts are expensive to replace, some could not be replaced.

3) in terms of $$$ against Speed, laptops lose out to desktops handsdown.

apple

1) more for the geeks who just wants to be LOOKED different from others.

2) parts are expensive to replace.

3) support/service are expensive.

4) get a apple only you have a group of friends who knows how to repair it.

5) games and software is restricted.

Thks Bro, :) Our concern to use laptop is to save space, cos we didnt have a study room for our pc. !! 8|

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hmm thanks for the info... at least i know what is OEM now...

will go n source for the cheaper price for the MS Office..

really not worth buying the 2007 version? :sport-smiley-003:

I am thinking to buy laptop to replace my current pc (Nw laying comfortable in the box).

Any suggestion for a good laptop or any commend on Apple's laptop? :P

For Apple, the designs are nice. Of course. But non-tech savvy people will find it quite hard to get used to.

I guess it really depends on what you're going for, bro.

If you're cost consious and on a tight budget, Acer does the trick. Quite hardy too.

If you want a machine that's super durable, IBM has to be the one for you. Back in army, we used to THROW the IBM notebooks into the tank, also never spoil.

If you're into looks and features, Sony Vaios aren't bad. although they tend to need repairing rather often.

If you're into the overall package, HP and Toshiba are pretty good value for money too.

I started off with a Toshiba, before changing to a HP Compaq (which totally died on me) and then an Acer (no $ mah. But the Acer served me super well. Got really fond memories of it)

For Apple, the designs are nice. Of course. But non-tech savvy people will find it quite hard to get used to.

If you're cost consious and on a tight budget, Acer does the trick. Quite hardy too.

If you want a machine that's super durable, IBM has to be the one for you. Back in army, we used to THROW the IBM notebooks into the tank, also never spoil.

If you're into looks and features, Sony Vaios aren't bad. although they tend to need repairing rather often.

If you're into the overall package, HP and Toshiba are pretty good value for money too.

I started off with a Toshiba, before changing to a HP Compaq (which totally died on me) and then an Acer (no $ mah. But the Acer served me super well. Got really fond memories of it)

tank? you in armor battalion too? which one?

I believe IBM have sold off their PC division to Lenovo. Lenovo is now manufacturing the PCs that are IBM branded.

Yeah, Once Armour, Always Armour.

I was from HQ 4 SAB, Intelligence.

You leh?

:P 42sar... ORD 98

you?

So laptop mean shorten lifespan har??? :P

Maybe I shld take a look on Acer, any model to recommend??? :P

:P 42sar... ORD 98

you?

ROFL

42!

I remember 42 SAR fondly.

Sungei Gedong right?

I was HQ 4.... ORD 03

Do you remember a WO Nicholas Tan by any chance? Oh wait, back then when he was in 42, he was only a SSG or MSG...

ROFL

42!

I remember 42 SAR fondly.

Sungei Gedong right?

I was HQ 4.... ORD 03

Do you remember a WO Nicholas Tan by any chance? Oh wait, back then when he was in 42, he was only a SSG or MSG...

he was the scouts CSM when I was active... got his warrant status during my last year

heh heh...

ORD 03? hmm... looks like you are two batch after me... young chap! so soon got a home liow... congrats

Edited by GnM

So laptop mean shorten lifespan har??? :)

Maybe I shld take a look on Acer, any model to recommend??? :notti:

I guess at the end of the day, it depends on the user himself and the way he takes care of the laptop. I've also seen many cases where lappies can last for very long.

But generally, yes. A laptop has a much shorter lifespan than a desktop.

Acer? You can check out www.acer.com.sg

Their product list is there. Mine used to be a travelmate 8210.

No frills computing.

he was the scouts CSM when I was active... got his warrant status during my last year

heh heh...

ORD 03? hmm... looks like you are two batch after me... young chap! so soon got a home liow... congrats

OMFG!

You DO know him!:P

He got transferred to HQ 4 SAB and became the Intelligence WO. My direct superior.

Better not say anymore - sekali he tekan me when I go back for reservist.

All I can say is Nicholas Tan... :P:P:D:P

So laptop mean shorten lifespan har??? :P

Maybe I shld take a look on Acer, any model to recommend??? :P

lifespan of a laptop is really dependant on your usage...

but if you are looking at one for the long term use, DON'T look at HP or Compaqs... they are useless after 3-4 yrs of usage. Mine served me for 4 years and totally died on me... cos the battery and dunno what is spoilt... and replacing them cost me almost half the price I paid for the laptop... so upgraded to a desktop ever since.

My wife's Toshiba, 7 years on, and still running good... slow but steadily working on all my documents and presentation slides.

hmm thanks for the info... at least i know what is OEM now...

will go n source for the cheaper price for the MS Office..

really not worth buying the 2007 version? :P

wait first ... who knows the Service Pack 1 is coming out soon.

OMFG!

You DO know him!:P

He got transferred to HQ 4 SAB and became the Intelligence WO. My direct superior.

Better not say anymore - sekali he tekan me when I go back for reservist.

All I can say is Nicholas Tan... :P:P:):notti:

I know him cos his company is directly opposite mine :D

I was from Jaguar coy last time... and we were training in 'S' coy during my vocation conversion. he was my CSM for a few months

which vehicle were you driving when you were active?