Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
acibcs

Anyone Purchased A Sofa From Sense Art Pte Ltd?

Hi,

I've been following this forum for sometime but this is the first time posting. I'm looking for a recliner sofa and saw some in Sense Art, Executive Living and Cheers.

Can any senior forumers help and dispense some advise on which company has the better product and after service?

Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

I've been following this forum for sometime but this is the first time posting. I'm looking for a recliner sofa and saw some in Sense Art, Executive Living and Cheers.

Can any senior forumers help and dispense some advise on which company has the better product and after service?

Thanks.

Sense Art after service - not easy to fix schedule with them and their repair work is tikum work. Products came from same source as Executive Living. Some of the staff there actually left Executive Living to join Sense Art. if you search this forum about Executive living, there is actually quite some discussions in the past.

Sense Art after service - not easy to fix schedule with them and their repair work is tikum work. Products came from same source as Executive Living. Some of the staff there actually left Executive Living to join Sense Art. if you search this forum about Executive living, there is actually quite some discussions in the past.

Hi desenseart

I do not know your nick name if your nick name coincides with Sense Art Pte Ltd. I would like to know if what you said is true, namely "not easy to fix schedule with them and their repair work is tikum work" If you are our customer and experience service as such, please made known by sharing your invoice number where I can investigate the matter and provide a proper explanation to you.

Its true that most of the staff left and join Sense Art, I am the Business Development Manager for Sense Art and I used to be the BDM for EL as well. I am the one replying to the forummers in EL thread until June 2012. Fir your information, we do not share the same source as EL, the reason why many of us left is because there are too many complaints from our customers. The company short changed them. When things happened, we have to settle things that are beyond our means. That is all I can comment.

If you were to look through my past Thread in EL, I always emphasis on quality and deliver what we sell. The management failed us in that aspect and we had no choice but to leave. I am being offered the post of BDM in Sense Art and was tasked to commit on Quality issue as Sense Art is a financially stronger and bigger than EL, under a group of Companies that consists of Plush Mattress Boutique Pte Ltd, Curtain4U Pte Ltd and Icon Dezigne Pte Ltd. We emphasised strongly on geniune Cow hide leather, not buffalo hides leather that passes off as cow hide leather. All in all I would like to thank you for your comment. Thank you.

I recently purchased a sofa from Sense Art.

This is my experience:

I bought a sofa and after delivery, realised it to be too short.

I called Donovan Seah (from Sense Art whom i have been dealing with from the start) and he arranged to order one more portion of the sofa and have it delivered on 2Feb. However, after continuous follow ups with Donovan to check on the time of delivery, i had no response as to whether the delivery was confirmed or the time of the delivery.

On the day of the delivery, I sms-ed and called Donovan, but his phone was engaged and sms was not replied to.

After waiting until 2pm, I called up SenseArt, and Richard answered the call saying he does not know and would have to check.

Shortly after, Richard called, told me to call the warehouse directly to arrange for the delivery myself! I insisted that Richard call the warehouse and tell me if my sofa would be delivered; he then said the warehouse people will call me before 6pm to let me know if they can deliver!! After much insistance, Richard finally told me that they will not be able to deliver at all!!!

I was very frustrated as i had waited a whole day, did a lot of follow up, and in the end, all they said was to arrange another day!! When i questioned him again, why this was happening, he said he did not know and rudely told me that since i was not satisfied with his answer (which basically was "i dont know"), he had no answer for me, after which he hung up the phone!

On 4Feb, Donovan promised delivery will happen this week. When we asked for a date and time, he again did not give us a reply. Today, we called SenseArt again (to which Richard answered), and again they promised the delivery will be before CNY. As we are both working adults, we had to make arrangements for someone to be at home for the delivery. But they were still unable to confirm a date and time.

Since I had already bought my sofa, I have no choice but to order from them. Now i do not even know when will the delivery be.

My advice is to not buy your sofa from them. Their service is very poor, and they have poor follow-up and the customer service was just bad.

Fed up with their service. Arranged sofa delivery and got a call saying their warehouse in Malaysia caught fire and my sofa was burned. They said will provide a replacement sofa to be delivered on the same agreed date. No show and no sense of courtesy to call. I had to be the one actively checking the delivery status. Arranged another date, no show again. As I am writing this, I was supposed to wait for their delivery but got a call from their subcon delivery company saying that the sofa will only be delivered tomorrow. They think we are very free to stay at home all the time to wait wait wait and wait. Wasted so many days of leave just to wait and for nothing.

Don told me that if the delivery is not done by today, they will offer a full refund. I am fed up with them and am pursuing a full refund from Senseart. So would be customers, please stay away unless you have a lot of free time to call and wait.

I recently purchased a sofa from Sense Art.

This is my experience:

I bought a sofa and after delivery, realised it to be too short.

I called Donovan Seah (from Sense Art whom i have been dealing with from the start) and he arranged to order one more portion of the sofa and have it delivered on 2Feb. However, after continuous follow ups with Donovan to check on the time of delivery, i had no response as to whether the delivery was confirmed or the time of the delivery.

On the day of the delivery, I sms-ed and called Donovan, but his phone was engaged and sms was not replied to.

After waiting until 2pm, I called up SenseArt, and Richard answered the call saying he does not know and would have to check.

Shortly after, Richard called, told me to call the warehouse directly to arrange for the delivery myself! I insisted that Richard call the warehouse and tell me if my sofa would be delivered; he then said the warehouse people will call me before 6pm to let me know if they can deliver!! After much insistance, Richard finally told me that they will not be able to deliver at all!!!

I was very frustrated as i had waited a whole day, did a lot of follow up, and in the end, all they said was to arrange another day!! When i questioned him again, why this was happening, he said he did not know and rudely told me that since i was not satisfied with his answer (which basically was "i dont know"), he had no answer for me, after which he hung up the phone!

On 4Feb, Donovan promised delivery will happen this week. When we asked for a date and time, he again did not give us a reply. Today, we called SenseArt again (to which Richard answered), and again they promised the delivery will be before CNY. As we are both working adults, we had to make arrangements for someone to be at home for the delivery. But they were still unable to confirm a date and time.

Since I had already bought my sofa, I have no choice but to order from them. Now i do not even know when will the delivery be.

My advice is to not buy your sofa from them. Their service is very poor, and they have poor follow-up and the customer service was just bad.

Hi Lynn83

I would like to thank you for your feedback. First things first, I would like to know if you can provide me with your invoice number so that I can verify if the centre portion has been delivered. Secondly, I would like to apologise for the fact that, in our industry, delays in delivery are inevitable. As much as we wanted and try to deliver it on time but we could not eliminate them totally. This is part of the problems we try to minimize. In order to provide savings for our customers, we out source our transport to a third party company where we do not have absolute control over their timing, coupled with that fact that traffic conditions varies at times, thus delivery was delayed. In your case where your sofa have not arrived is due to the fact that the container transporting the sofa was delayed without our knowledge, hence there was a laspe in services that results in much of your annoyance. I hope you will view this matter as a one off incident and continue your faith and trust in our products and services. Thank you and have a nice day.

Fed up with their service. Arranged sofa delivery and got a call saying their warehouse in Malaysia caught fire and my sofa was burned. They said will provide a replacement sofa to be delivered on the same agreed date. No show and no sense of courtesy to call. I had to be the one actively checking the delivery status. Arranged another date, no show again. As I am writing this, I was supposed to wait for their delivery but got a call from their subcon delivery company saying that the sofa will only be delivered tomorrow. They think we are very free to stay at home all the time to wait wait wait and wait. Wasted so many days of leave just to wait and for nothing.

Don told me that if the delivery is not done by today, they will offer a full refund. I am fed up with them and am pursuing a full refund from Senseart. So would be customers, please stay away unless you have a lot of free time to call and wait.

Hi Trebleclef

Thank you for your business, Unfortunate and unforeseeable accidents do happen and in this case I am sorry for what has happened. I would like to explain myself in this aspect. What accidents happened, everyone is at the losing end, we had about forty customers who was being affected and We have to make contingency plans to offer them a replacement set for the festive season, thus our service level dropped. I hope you will take this kindly and understand the fact that we are trying our very best as to provide our service and products for you despite being overwhelmed by the unfortunate incident. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Its true that most of the staff left and join Sense Art, I am the Business Development Manager for Sense Art and I used to be the BDM for EL as well. I am the one replying to the forummers in EL thread until June 2012. Fir your information, we do not share the same source as EL, the reason why many of us left is because there are too many complaints from our customers. The company short changed them. When things happened, we have to settle things that are beyond our means. That is all I can comment.

so when you folks criticised a competitor company, it is because your competitor is poor. when i shared the bad experience about your company, you quickly distract forumers by claiming I am green-eyed competitor

If you were to look through my past Thread in EL, I always emphasis on quality and deliver what we sell. The management failed us in that aspect and we had no choice but to leave. I am being offered the post of BDM in Sense Art and was tasked to commit on Quality issue as Sense Art is a financially stronger and bigger than EL, under a group of Companies that consists of Plush Mattress Boutique Pte Ltd, Curtain4U Pte Ltd and Icon Dezigne Pte Ltd. We emphasised strongly on geniune Cow hide leather, not buffalo hides leather that passes off as cow hide leather. All in all I would like to thank you for your comment. Thank you.

you emphasise quality and deliver it? oh please........cut the pretence. then why would there be so much quality complaints about your sofa and customer service?

so when you folks criticised a competitor company, it is because your competitor is poor. when i shared the bad experience about your company, you quickly distract forumers by claiming I am green-eyed competitor

you emphasise quality and deliver it? oh please........cut the pretence. then why would there be so much quality complaints about your sofa and customer service?

Hi Desenseart

Opinions differ from one another, we are in the retail line and we can appease but we simply cannot please everybody. I viewed complaints, or rather feedbacks as an encouragement to improve our services. If you deemed that i have so much issues about quality and complaints, in other words, my business is good, if not where do we get all those feedbacks? Regardless of whether you are a green eye competitor or just somebody who are trying to do damage I am willing to go into a long debate, for the sake of Sense Art. If you are our customer, please show us your invoice number and I will do the follow ups for you.

However, if you are a geniune customer of Sense Art I do not see why you have to talk sarcastically over here in Reno talk. Just give us a call and cite your invoice number and leave the rest to us. during my years in Renotalk, I have encounter countless people like you and I have never ever been afraid of "competitors" like you who just wanted to do damage to other company's reputation and hope that it will improve your own business. It doesnt work Pal. In business, you really have to fight tooth and nail for the limited bowl of rice.

Hi Trebleclef

Thank you for your business, Unfortunate and unforeseeable accidents do happen and in this case I am sorry for what has happened. I would like to explain myself in this aspect. What accidents happened, everyone is at the losing end, we had about forty customers who was being affected and We have to make contingency plans to offer them a replacement set for the festive season, thus our service level dropped. I hope you will take this kindly and understand the fact that we are trying our very best as to provide our service and products for you despite being overwhelmed by the unfortunate incident. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Seriously, every delivery date set failed. Until now, I am still waiting for the sofa delivery. Also, no need to tell people to cite their invoice number, when you guys don't even know when the delivery dates are. Delays and delays and delays. I'd been calling and calling for so many times until I remember my invoice number by heart. This is very unprofessional. Customer service; basically none. Every time you guys said will call me back, no call. Pushing the blame around from one person to another.

It is very hard to be understanding when you guys do not even show a little bit of customer service. You keep asking customers to be understanding to your guys but you guys should be more understanding to your customers instead. Customers take leave to wait at home for delivery, this is a bloody waste of time to wait for nothing. I'd bought furniture from so many different companies but the worst is Sense Art. Buyers BEWARE!

Seriously, every delivery date set failed. Until now, I am still waiting for the sofa delivery. Also, no need to tell people to cite their invoice number, when you guys don't even know when the delivery dates are. Delays and delays and delays. I'd been calling and calling for so many times until I remember my invoice number by heart. This is very unprofessional. Customer service; basically none. Every time you guys said will call me back, no call. Pushing the blame around from one person to another.

It is very hard to be understanding when you guys do not even show a little bit of customer service. You keep asking customers to be understanding to your guys but you guys should be more understanding to your customers instead. Customers take leave to wait at home for delivery, this is a bloody waste of time to wait for nothing. I'd bought furniture from so many different companies but the worst is Sense Art. Buyers BEWARE!

I share your frustration as I bought a sofa from them too. Paid in FULL in Dec last year and was only told before CNY that there had been a factory fire. Ok, I changed to another design and topped-up in FULL for a 3-recliner. Again on the delivery day no show. No one called to inform me and I waited all afternoon. Called them and they said the sofa was shipped in but somehow something broke. They needed a few days to fix it. After a few days I decided to call the Sales office and was told the sofa hasn't arrived. Needed about a week. In all the delays, there was no one to reschedule another delivery date or follow-up. I'm the one always had to call them. What can I do? I paid IN FULL and all in all bought 4 items coming to about $10K.

I'm disappointed that a company can treat their premium customer this way.

I share your frustration as I bought a sofa from them too. Paid in FULL in Dec last year and was only told before CNY that there had been a factory fire. Ok, I changed to another design and topped-up in FULL for a 3-recliner. Again on the delivery day no show. No one called to inform me and I waited all afternoon. Called them and they said the sofa was shipped in but somehow something broke. They needed a few days to fix it. After a few days I decided to call the Sales office and was told the sofa hasn't arrived. Needed about a week. In all the delays, there was no one to reschedule another delivery date or follow-up. I'm the one always had to call them. What can I do? I paid IN FULL and all in all bought 4 items coming to about $10K.

Hi wfk9

I would like to thank you for the faith and trust that you had put into sense art. As you knew what happened. I wouldn't want to elaborate now. What we are doing now is to do damage control. I am not sure if your sofa has been delivered as you did not cite your invoice number here. However I can assure you that if you hadn't gotten your sofa, it will reach your place latest by 6th April. I am sorry for all the services lapses that you had mentioned and all the distress that has been caused. As much as we wanted, sometimes, something's are really beyond our control. However, you can be sure that we will raise up among the ashes to serve you for the sofa in the coming years.

Hi,

the sofa arrived the following week after my posting. Keep it up!

Overall the styling and leather feel are pretty good. But one of the recliner had a minor problem. Think it is a misalignment problem caused when I moved the sofa to mop the floor. Instead of dragging it I tried lifting the right recliner slightly. Lifting one side actually caused the steel brackets that lock the centre and right recliners in position to bend slightly, causing the mechanism to go out of alignment. Each time I retract the recliner, there is a loud "TUCK" sound when end position is reached. I think the design does not cater for it being moved once installed in position. I could be wrong...

Is there any service no. to call?

Thanks

Hi wfk9

I would like to thank you for the faith and trust that you had put into sense art. As you knew what happened. I wouldn't want to elaborate now. What we are doing now is to do damage control. I am not sure if your sofa has been delivered as you did not cite your invoice number here. However I can assure you that if you hadn't gotten your sofa, it will reach your place latest by 6th April. I am sorry for all the services lapses that you had mentioned and all the distress that has been caused. As much as we wanted, sometimes, something's are really beyond our control. However, you can be sure that we will raise up among the ashes to serve you for the sofa in the coming years.