Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ysc3

Hdb Toilet Reno

so far seen quite a number of reno websites and their galleries ....

was thinking of doing my kitchen and two toilets ... but it has dawned on me that HDB toilets , being so small, don't really let IDs or contractors express their creativity or skills ...because i have not come across a pic of a done-up HDB toilet in all the reno galleries.

all the toilets featured are all landed or condo ... huge (double of HDB size) and expressive ... but no HDB toilets !!??

anyone come across any galleries by reno firms which show HDB toilets ?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

ysc3, you are right.....not easy to find one.

You need to sit down with the designer and briefly tell him what you have in-mind (some basic description, like a feature wall with waterfall effect, romantic lighting, sitting hot tub...)

Most of the time, the designer is limited by the HDB "rules and regulation"

For example, no tub to the size of xxx, total material weight on the floor not more than xxx

But one issue you need to take note - the ID or contractor you engage should have a term with you that they will warranty and grantee the water-proofing of your toilet floor once the lower floor neighbor complain of water leakage. This warranty should be at least 12 months.

hi ysc3,

small toilets is a common problem for most hdb flats.

i recall a lot of the older hdb flats have 1 toilet bowl room and another bathing room.

now, the trend is merging the 2 and adding a shower compartment (aka wet area) vs the toilet bowl's (dry area)

we worked out a way to maximize the space and space in our hdb toilet by removing the "dry area".

Feel free to take a look here if you are interested to explore ideas.

i think the most common nicer designs are those with a glass door panel and some good lightings to make it look more class. choice of wall tiles also will makes some different.

I saw on this ID's blog quite a few years ago (he seem to have closed the blog and moved to Facebook page), and was particularly intrigued by this HDB toilet concept that he has done up. Basically he hacked two back-to-back bathrooms and created a combined one with a luxurious feel. He also elevated one of the section to put a bathtub so you get this hotel feel.

Pasting the direct facebook image links here (not sure if it works).

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/558245_10151126086004345_30096903_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/409741_10151126085014345_263009309_n.jpg