Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
normanho23

Relocation Of Opennet Box

Hi all,

I would like to relocate my existing Opennet Box from one corner of my living room to another wall within the same room but behind the TV console. No extension of cable is required as the existing cable and trunking actually runs past the new location I desire.

Questions:

1. Can I just take down the OpenNet box on my own and mount it at the new location? OpenNet is charging $200 just for moving the box from A to B in the same room.

2. If answer is No to question 1, is there anyone else who can also provide the relocation service but at a much lower price?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I hv gone thru this n unfortunately, the answer to both questions is no.

I spoke to the guy who came to do the relocation, opennet outsourced the work to them but under the terms of their contract, they cannot accept any jobs themselves-many ids n contractors asked b4 liow...

if ur electrician is confident, he can conceal the additional length n shorten tge entire length but won't b able to do anything to the tp as that end requires some expertise...

I am sensing "monopoly" in the air which dissuades competition!! :furious:

Edited by Batman

if you are going to relocate the point and it's within the old cable length, do it yourself, you will save the $$$$. Engage the opennet tech when you encounter problem.

What I suggest is extend an optical cable from OPENNET BOX to your designed location, no need relocation.

15 meter CABLE is not expensive, u can get from SIM TOWER. for got the price. 30 ~ 40 Sin dollar?

I'm in a similar situation as I just took over a resale flat. Opennet TP/ Box is at a location where I'm going to build a cabinet.. Contractor suggested that I relocate but the price is abit high for moving such a small distance. Was thinking of extending an optical cable but am not sure how to do it in a way to conceal the cable as much as possible..