Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kooky

Tv Consoles

We went shopping last weekend and still can't decide which to buy as there are big difference in pricing and also we aren't sure which brand is more reliable.

At first we have asked the contractor to include in the quotation for TV consoles for our living room and 3 other b/rooms (e.g. something like a pull out drawer and TV mounted on the wall type) and husband commented that it might be worth buying off the rack as it probably will be cheaper. I have yet to come across any design which I like yesterday as I realised that most of the colours that furniture stores have are usually black, white or wood-finish and the finishing material isn't that great. Perhaps we have shopped in the wrong place!

Does anyone of you have any recommendations?

Thank you.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

It's true that the "in colour" at the moment are black and white, with "wood" (teak, walnut, mahogany, cherry, etc) being the "classics". If you want something more modern, you'll probably have to get your carpenters to customise it. This way, you can have a wide variety of laminate designs and colours.

Apart from how the thingy looks, are you particular about the material used and finishing?

Personally, I'm particular, and looking mainly at solid wood construction type. My old TV console from V**** is not of solid wood and the section below the HDD recorder started to "sag" after few months. The quality of laminate used is also sub-standard.

I'm also looking for a TV console now, but for something woody that fits my living room (see my other post) ... my wifey doesn't like certain shades of "wood" (e.g. walnut) so the hunt got a little more tricky... most likely settling for a teak piece.

As for mounting on wall, it's really popular nowadays cos it kinda save space plus mount is usually given FOC. Personally, I don't like the idea as it restricts me from shifting the "spot" every now and then. Well, it's a personal preference too.

Yeah, the husband and I are not into wood TV console. We prefer contemporary and simple-design.

Our search continue......