Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
beejeebee

Our One Bedroom "penthouse"

No la only the feature wall is grey mah...bed sheet colour is decided by u ... U can choose white mah. If got natural light into the room then u don't find it dark. When Reno starts?

Besides the feature wall, the platform bed and back of the wardrobe are grey too! :jawdrop:

Ya I was thinking of keeping the permanent fixtures to 2 colors (white and grey) so that it will be easier to buy bed sheets..

Reno starts when we get the key!!! Hopefully get key in April, though we heard whispers saying it will be June.

Arms crossed, fingers crossed, toes crossed! :dancingqueen:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

white sofa - my advice is dun do it cos the maintenance will really kill ya :wacko: my experience with light coloured fabric sofas only tho, but at least that's washable and at worst, replaceable... :notti:

feature wall base colour is grey is fine, grey is very neutral and as long as you opt for different shades, it won't be boring... :sport-smiley-004: the wall itself the material - as long as it's a laminate with some interesting colour or design e.g. marble like ? Or no need to be even laminate - painting/wallpaper/tile ? :sport-smiley-018:

stupid question tho - why u need that shelf above the tv ? u got stuff to put there ah ? right now looks funny cos it looks like a visor for ur tv :rofl: can consider splitting into 2 and the 2 shelves at different levels or something ...

Edited by dragonnite

white sofa - my advice is dun do it cos the maintenance will really kill ya :wacko: my experience with light coloured fabric sofas only tho, but at least that's washable and at worst, replaceable... :notti:

feature wall base colour is grey is fine, grey is very neutral and as long as you opt for different shades, it won't be boring... :sport-smiley-004: the wall itself the material - as long as it's a laminate with some interesting colour or design e.g. marble like ? Or no need to be even laminate - painting/wallpaper/tile ? :sport-smiley-018:

stupid question tho - why u need that shelf above the tv ? u got stuff to put there ah ? right now looks funny cos it looks like a visor for ur tv :rofl: can consider splitting into 2 and the 2 shelves at different levels or something ...

Yeah I'm really worried about maintaining a white sofa. Maybe will go with other light colors but not white. How about light grey? (yes grey again :D)

Oh, the feature wall is fabricated using gypsum board, not carpentry, to cut cost. So cannot use laminate. Can only use paint or wallpaper.

Yup the shelf is to put players. Looks a bit weird right? But it cannot be under the tv cos will affect the walking space.

Hmm breaking the shelf into 2 might work.. At least wont look like a tongue sticking out right :bleah:

Yeah I'm really worried about maintaining a white sofa. Maybe will go with other light colors but not white. How about light grey? (yes grey again :D)

Oh, the feature wall is fabricated using gypsum board, not carpentry, to cut cost. So cannot use laminate. Can only use paint or wallpaper.

Yup the shelf is to put players. Looks a bit weird right? But it cannot be under the tv cos will affect the walking space.

Hmm breaking the shelf into 2 might work.. At least wont look like a tongue sticking out right :bleah:

lol. imagination at its best.

like you, i'm tempted by white sofa too.

but dragonite's right. you got to be prepared both mentally and "monetarily". lol..

Grey ok lah, juz dun do white or beige/cream/offwhite ... those also equally bad... :P

U just make sure u specify the height lah, otherwise everytime u walk past, u or ur SO will hit ur head or have to duck every time... :bangwall: i'm short so i usually dun have to consider this kind of things ... :lol:

Grey ok lah, juz dun do white or beige/cream/offwhite ... those also equally bad... :P

U just make sure u specify the height lah, otherwise everytime u walk past, u or ur SO will hit ur head or have to duck every time... :bangwall: i'm short so i usually dun have to consider this kind of things ... :lol:

Ya lor... If I can choose, I will mount a small console below the tv.

Any other suggestions on how to create space for players that will not eat into the walking space? :help: :help: :help:

Ya lor... If I can choose, I will mount a small console below the tv.

Any other suggestions on how to create space for players that will not eat into the walking space? :help: :help: :help:

on the side - either a tall flat cabinet (like the one ong uses to house his NAS)? :unsure:

or more practical, mount it really high, but in hanging cabinets instead of shelves so it becomes part of ur feature wall ? something like this:

BESTÅ BURS Wall Shelf

but with glass door otherwise ur remotes won't work... :lol:

on the side - either a tall flat cabinet (like the one ong uses to house his NAS)? :unsure:

or more practical, mount it really high, but in hanging cabinets instead of shelves so it becomes part of ur feature wall ? something like this:

BESTÅ BURS Wall Shelf

but with glass door otherwise ur remotes won't work... :lol:

Think Ong's cabinet will be too big..

HAHAHA! That's what I had in mind when I said I will mount a tv console under the tv if I have a choice lor! LOL :rofl:

It's nice but think have to hunt for a smaller alternative..

After researching on Taobao for weeks, I decided to plunge in and make my first purchase! :dancingqueen:

Thought of sharing this though not house related :)

One of the things I bought and am super happy to find it:

可调节式喷壶 气压式喷雾器喷水壶 出口欧美洒水壶浇花喷壶5L

waterspray.jpg

This is for my mum and not available in Singapore as far as I know.

Ok a short funny story on this.

We first saw it in an orchid nursery. Mum liked it so I asked the boss is it for sale.

Boss : Not for sale.

Me : Where can I buy it then?

Boss : I dunno. We got it from Thailand.

Me : Where can I find it in Thailand? (considering I was going to Bangkok the following week)

Boss : Shops that sell this lor. If you see it, that means they got sell.

:bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall:

Anyway, eventually I found it in chatuchak at around $15sgd for one.

Till now, I haven't been able to find this anywhere else except for chatuchak.

Every time I go bangkok, I have a lug a couple of this back for mum. So I'm super duper happy when I found it on Taobao! :sport-smiley-004:

Hope it works as well as it looks!

To the gardeners out there, my mum swears by this type of pressure spray as it is user friendly, practical, has adequate pressure and has a good spray which covers areas well. At least for the one I got for her in chatukchak. Will update again once this reaches me. Or rather, her! :yamseng:

http://www.hardwarecity.com.sg/product-list/125

Quite common in Sg.. Homely Hardware at Ubi also have.

But it will never be as cheap as Thailand.

After researching on Taobao for weeks, I decided to plunge in and make my first purchase! :dancingqueen:

Thought of sharing this though not house related :)

One of the things I bought and am super happy to find it:

可调节式喷壶 气压式喷雾器喷水壶 出口欧美洒水壶浇花喷壶5L

waterspray.jpg

This is for my mum and not available in Singapore as far as I know.

We went shopping for tiles and curtains last Sunday! :sport-smiley-018:

Shopping is always fun and I shall let pictures do the talking!

Timber tiles for balcony

20130310_120632.jpg

Tiles for kitchen back splash. Which is better - long or short?

20130310_121230.jpg

20130310_121236.jpg

White matt tiles for long bath

20130310_122914.jpg

Mosaic tiles to go with long bath

20130310_123339.jpg

hi, just wondering where you source for your tiles. tia. 😊