Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
beejeebee

Our One Bedroom "penthouse"

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

my place got problem with fibre lo. M1 say cannot set up coz using second port. they have no capabilities.

now i'm lost. =(

Know of anyone who may have to transfer their cable or ADSL connection? i can take over.

I tried to send u PM but cannot eh... think your inbox is full :)

Hello! Been a long time since I last updated due to travelling and work.

Before I flew to Hong Kong, I went to HN to audition for a sound system, hoping to find one I like and with some luck, maybe I can source for a cheaper one in HK.

But like many other things, I tested, liked it, and bought it on the spot :P

Onkyo TX-NR414 & Mirage MX5.1

There was a cheaper promo with Onkyo speakers but when tested back to back, mirage speakers won hands down.

Like the clarity and the fact the speakers are small and cute :D

We visited Mega Discount Store last week and saw some really good promotions.

For example, a Sharp 60" LED was going at $2199. The picture was clear and TV was slim, though looks wise it was a far cry from the Samsung series I was eyeing. But for the price and size, I thought it was a really good deal. I always love big screens and couldn't be happier when SO was ok with 60". I was about to make payment when I realised I forgot to ask if it supports 3D! :bangwall:

It doesn't so we didn't get that eventually. But if you don't need a 3D tv and like big screens, this is really worth considering!

We settled for a LG 55" for the living room and Panasonic 50" for the bedroom.

The LG one is really gorgeous cos it's frame less!! :dribble::dribble:

The current promotion came with a Magic Wireless Mouse Motion Controller, blu-ray player, 4 3D glasses, and a high speed HDMI (not sure how high is high :P). What sealed the deal was the motion controller. It was fun and easy to use! Can't wait to lay my hands on it again :yeah:

Next up was fridge selection. We didn't buy my dream fridge in the end due to practicality reasons. My SO chose a big Mitsubishi fridge at a good price!

20130419_202200.jpg

We chose pearl white and coincidentally kim76 has the exact same fridge! :D So we could see how the white one would look like... :sport-smiley-018:

Bought a washer, dryer and built in oven as well. Quite enjoyed the shopping experience at MDS as the sales person knows his products and not pushy. And if you buy a few items, you can bargain for more discounts! :jammin:

Funny thing was I was aiming for a Samsung TV, Samsung washer and Samsung fridge but I ended up with nothing from Samsung :rofl:

wahhhh... nice nice buys!

how many pple living in your hse. i thot only 2. aren't the pots too big? urmm.. looks big from the photo la..

aww... u din get the same samsung fridge as me. hahaha!!!

wahhhh... nice nice buys!

how many pple living in your hse. i thot only 2. aren't the pots too big? urmm.. looks big from the photo la..

aww... u din get the same samsung fridge as me. hahaha!!!

HAHAHAHA!

Ya only 2 but we like to cook for an army :bleah:

Yaaaa.... didn't get that dream fridge in the end... how's yours serving you so far? :)

har?? :jawdrop:

oops...

Ya man,,,

Actually any size would be bigger than the sink. It's just too small! :~

Now considering to change the sink but that would mean tearing away the whole table top and cabinet which would mean more moolah..

Ya man,,,

Actually any size would be bigger than the sink. It's just too small! :~

Now considering to change the sink but that would mean tearing away the whole table top and cabinet which would mean more moolah..

Change the sink to fit the wok.. A bit extreme.. but if u are really doing it, I can recommend my sink. 23 inch and 10 inch deep... Sure fit yr wok... Unless yours is those stir fry wok we see at hawker stall.. haa... :sport-smiley-004:

..... Wahhh Change sink becoz pot too big.....ideal man...

Change the sink to fit the wok.. A bit extreme.. but if u are really doing it, I can recommend my sink. 23 inch and 10 inch deep... Sure fit yr wok... Unless yours is those stir fry wok we see at hawker stall.. haa... :sport-smiley-004:

Haha actually all along I found the sink too small.. Maybe you will see why with a picture..

IMG-20130506-WA0009.jpg

The size will be somewhat similar. Even a little heavy washing will face problems. :~

I think a cheaper alternative will be relocate the sink to the island which I'm adding to the kitchen. Will see how after site survey....

Anyway Kim, you bought your sink from Amazon right.. if my memory serves me right, it should be a Kraus sink and you were one of the first few to ship it over... :notti::notti: