Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xiaogary

Light Wiring Diy

Dear forumers,

I intend to diy my own lighting connection using existing HDB lighting points that comes default. However, the light I got was not wired internally. So I wish to seek some guidance on how to connect the wires to the ballast. Also the lights never comes with the starter or capacitor (bring home then realise).

Also wondering why some points comes with 5 wires (2 blue, 2 green/yellow and 1 brown) and some comes with 3 wires (1 blue, 1 green/yellow and 1 brown). Should I use one of the blue and one of the green/yellow or twist both blue together and twist both green/yellow together?

Hope this discussion may be helpful to me and other low budget forumers who intend to diy also. Thank you.20130320162836.jpg

Edited by xiaogary

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Dear forumers,

I intend to diy my own lighting connection using existing HDB lighting points that comes default. However, the light I got was not wired internally. So I wish to seek some guidance on how to connect the wires to the ballast. Also the lights never comes with the starter or capacitor (bring home then realise).

Also wondering why some points comes with 5 wires (2 blue, 2 green/yellow and 1 brown) and some comes with 3 wires (1 blue, 1 green/yellow and 1 brown). Should I use one of the blue and one of the green/yellow or twist both blue together and twist both green/yellow together?

Hope this discussion may be helpful to me and other low budget forumers who intend to diy also. Thank you.20130320162836.jpg

https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=wiring+color+code&hl=en&client=safari&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=8MpNUeemBMSPrgex8IHoDw&ved=0CDQQsAQ&biw=768&bih=928

Look to row three in the pictures. You'll see the wiring color codes.

Yellow/green is earth, blue is neutral, bown is live. You need to connect the brown n blues to the ballasts.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by SkimMilk

Each ballast one brown one blue wires regardless of position? Meaning blue and brown can swap around at the ballast?

Then my ceiling wires 1 brown, 2 blue, 2 green? I need to use all 5 or only 3? If only 3, the other two just black tape to insulate them? The 3 wires/5 wires connect to the 3 white connector's opposite side?