Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lifecreator

Any Local Contractor Experience In Fiber Optic Star Ceilings

I'm keen on putting 星光大道 in my room too. keekee... But this kind of fiber optic lighting is really that cheap? Balestier lighting shop quoted me $6000 and my jaw dropped. Also, Will the fiber optic lighting spoilt easily? How to change the fiber or the optic or both?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

i paid $1888 including installation. As what i know, fiber optics strands will not spoil. Its just that the illuminator (light source) may be faulty after some time. That i heard is easily replaced. You can check the internet for more info.

I have decided not to install the optic fiber lights due to costs and also both of us being fussy, afraid the installer can't achieve what we see on the Youtube link. :(

I saw one of the shop at Katong shopping center 2nd story which sell LED light and they do carry the fibre optic lighting. Was quote $450 and $900 for it depend on how many light points.

You can look for illumiz. They did mine for $1888 excluding false ceiling. Its the cheapest i can get. A guy named Ken do it for me. PM me for contacts.

Hi Yaba,

Would you mind sending me picture to have a feel of what you guys have been talking about.

Thank you!

Ya.. They need a false ceiling to do it.

1888 is for the whole room excluding the false ceiling. Actually, you can use it anywhere. Think it can be used for living room as well as i recall them saying that anywhere. The diameter is about 5 meters i think.

False ceiling is by my ID. Its gypsum board. The normal ceiling materials.

Not too sure as i have my downlights with the fiber optics. It is more for a mood kind of effect.

Not sure how to post pictures here. Still learning. If you can give me your email i can send it to you...

Hi Yaba can you email me the picture as well? Thanks. My email is shiroi.nobara@gmail.com

May I know if your illuminator is hidden into the false ceiling or attached on a corner to the wall such that it is visible to the eyes?

Hi Yaba can you email me the picture as well? Thanks. My email is shiroi.nobara@gmail.com

May I know if your illuminator is hidden into the false ceiling or attached on a corner to the wall such that it is visible to the eyes?

If you are doing fiber optic lighting on the ceiling, it is best to put the illuminator in the false ceiling. Doing this will help you to connect fiber optics strands into the illuminator easily, at the same time, you can hide the illuminator above it. Also, remember to do a access panel and leave the illuminator around it. This will comes in handy when it comes to maintaining the illuminator.

Cheers.