Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
oooyingqinooo

Minimum Budget For Engaging Id + Contractor Services

Hi

I am also renovating my BTO flat which is about 90sqm. I gt 3 quotes from ID ranging from 23k-27k. Floor tiles already done and i am doing minimum renovation too. Mainly:

1 featured wall and tv console

2 full height shoe cabinet

3 mirror at dining area

4 wardrobe in MBR

5 MBR toilet vanity cabinet+ shower screen

6 overlay laminated flooring in MBR

7 kitchen cabinets

8 window grills for whole house

9 false ceiling at 客厅 and dining room area

10 plumbing stuff etc

That is excluding electrical works as it is separate from the quote e ID gives. I know that it will be cheaper if you can get individual contractors in to do the various scope of work but alot of coordinations is needed. I would think if you have alot of time to coordinate amd monitor, can consider that. If not engaging a ID will be an easy way out. Just my opinion :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Home Owner, it is sad to say Levy keep increasing it is infecting in all ways so renovation cost are no more cheap, like what ASME telling us during my recent courses- "No More Cheap Labour in Singapore"

Yes, our bangladesh worker is $2K per month based on yearly calculation, they will cost $2.4K after July 2013 just to work as a hacker, so what happen to our executives whom gotten $1.8K? i'm sorry for contractor employer you might want to employ local so that you can save your cost. Less Tiler lay man now because there are more Job opportunity in JB Iskandar, they would rather give up work permit in Singapore since they can earn same salary there and don't have to ride through custom and always heavy traffic..

Carpenters are facing higher factory rental, the only way out is to shift to JB so to keep low rental expenses, btw your admins are all from JB.. you can have 5 carpenters to work in factory without worker permit, and 3 workpermit holders just to do installation.

But owners, you will have to spare more time cause they only have 3 installers.