Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
oYx

Convert Protruding Drainage Pipe

Does anyone know if the protruding drainage pipe in the service yard can be 'converted' into a drainage hole with grilles? Any tips would be great!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

The big pipe carries water from the top of building to the bottom. Could be rainwater down pipe, could be sewerage.

Cannot simply do a vertical opening, cos the upstairs water may gush into your unit.

Need to have a floor trap, then below yr floor go into the downpipe.

Dun think HDB allow such interfloor works.

The big pipe carries water from the top of building to the bottom. Could be rainwater down pipe, could be sewerage.

Cannot simply do a vertical opening, cos the upstairs water may gush into your unit.

Need to have a floor trap, then below yr floor go into the downpipe.

Dun think HDB allow such interfloor works.

Thanks for the reply!

Not sure if my description was a little vague. :) The pipe is not attached to the ceiling. It's the small pipe that sticks out from the floor, and it is standing at around 15 cm high. If I'm not wrong, that's to be attached to the washing machine drainage. Can this drainage pipe be converted?

Edited by oYx

Thanks for the reply!

Not sure if my description was a little vague. :) The pipe is not attached to the ceiling. It's the small pipe that sticks out from the floor, and it is standing at around 15 cm high. If I'm not wrong, that's to be attached to the washing machine drainage. Can this drainage pipe be converted?

it belongs to you and you can do anything you like with it.

Thanks for the reply!

Washing machine waste pipe goes to the floor trap directly, so yes if can be converted to a floor waste.

But the tiling normally is not done to have the water flow towards that pipe.. so I not sure if it will work as a floor waste.

Thanks for the tip. Will take that into consideration. :)

Let's say we install a sink right next to the washing machine. Can both the sink and the washing machine share that same drainage pipe?

Thanks for the tip. Will take that into consideration. :)

Let's say we install a sink right next to the washing machine. Can both the sink and the washing machine share that same drainage pipe?

Ideally, all waste pipe shd be connected directly to the floortrap. Reason being.. one source will not backflow into another.

Yes, can connect the sink to the same waste pipe. But do not use a T joint, use a Y joint to make sure that if the washing machine is draining, the waste water will not backflow into the sink bottle trap.

Ideally, all waste pipe shd be connected directly to the floortrap. Reason being.. one source will not backflow into another.

Yes, can connect the sink to the same waste pipe. But do not use a T joint, use a Y joint to make sure that if the washing machine is draining, the waste water will not backflow into the sink bottle trap.

i was worried about the backflow. hope i can find a competent plumber. thanks! :yamseng: