Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
greglhc

Concrete Screed Walls

I've wondered if concerete screed traps heat throughout the day and emits the heat in the evening?

I raise this because I really like the look but am afraid that the home will be warm when I come home.

Any insights/opinions/experiences to share?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi,

Why not use digital print?choose unlimited texture to be paste at your wall. i will send u more of mural printing if u are interested.digital print is durable.10yrs colour without fade.

cheers

Andy - 81009081

I've wondered if concerete screed traps heat throughout the day and emits the heat in the evening?

I raise this because I really like the look but am afraid that the home will be warm when I come home.

Any insights/opinions/experiences to share?

It depends on whether it interior or exterior, if the cement finish is in the interior, it would not transmit heat from external to internal and in-fact it would be cool to touch.

It depends on whether it interior or exterior, if the cement finish is in the interior, it would not transmit heat from external to internal and in-fact it would be cool to touch.

I see. I asked because a friend of mine had concrete screed finish floors and walls in an area of the house which received quite a bit of afternoon sun and I felt there was a lot of heat emitted from the surface. However it could have just been the heat trapped in any material, be it concrete or not.

I see. I asked because a friend of mine had concrete screed finish floors and walls in an area of the house which received quite a bit of afternoon sun and I felt there was a lot of heat emitted from the surface. However it could have just been the heat trapped in any material, be it concrete or not.

Greglhc, I have a screed wall in my home and it very cooling to touch. it definitely heat trapped from hours of afternoon sun and it also depends what type of screed materials one is using