Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
RnJ

A Cozyhome For Two+Two

Yeah.. the condition is quite bad though, maybe it can't be seen in the pics. Marble's cracked, wall tiles are cracked too, parquet's exposed to rain (dear tenant, y u no close window?!?) and faded/scratched, doors locks are coming off, even main door lock is loose.. Everything's gotta go!

Can't really put our style into words, would say it is a little mix of modern contemporary and resort. We like bright airy spaces and wood textures/greenery. I like the scandinavian style (without the clutter) but R [my other half] does not unfortunately. Will try to post some pics soon! :sport-smiley-004:

Xxx

J

wa u said it best when u said " Feels like it's a waste to hack it all away but there's no way I'd keep the toilet looking like this!!" i think it applies to your place overall.

Its of qood quality and probably the condition isnt too bad also but its just not what u want..

Planning n planning! got any mood pictures that you have an idea of how you want your place to look like?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Nooo.. Will not keep the bathroom.. It looks like a disaster in current times. Hahhaa. It was provided by the developer many many years back.. Guess this was in fashion back then. Eek.

Happy reno to you too! :lol:

Ha, the forum's also driving me crazy because I wanna post a lot of photos but only limit me to 5 pics per post. :curse:

Anyway from the pictures, the current bathroom still looks pretty decent, it's really quite a waste to hack it away. However, if it's me, I will also hack it away because I would want the whole house to be a replica of my idea and not someone else's style and idea.

Last but not least, welcome to renotalk! Happy reno! :good:

Cheers!

If your ID isn't worried I think the chances of it popping are low.. They know best! Guess I'm just a big worrywart in general. Hahaha. But it looks great now! Def worth your effort looking for the right granite!

Haha.. the terracotta looking tiles? I felt it was okay.. but wasnt thrilled with the yellow/orangeness of it. And it just didn't go with the theme/feel of the interior. Man, now i'm worried about my granite popping out since its overlaid. Am asking my ID now about it. But the granite weighs a TON so maybe thats why he isn't worried abou it popping out. It's super thick too.

Small, small updates..

hacked1.jpg

Kitchen wall is gone. Yayyyy. Part of the wall is not hacked as it's supposed to cover the back of our fridge. Does it look odd..? Also, living room did not appear to be bigger after this wall was gone, but the kitchen felt alot more open and bigger! Yes! Illusion at work.

hacked2.jpg

Developer did not provide tiles behind the kitchen cabinets :P We're gonna overlay our flooring, our contractor said the tiles were still in gd condition. As for the walls, we originally wanted to plaster over them - a simple look with no wall tiles and just a glass backsplash but I'm having second thoughts on it now. Afraid the walls may come into contact with water from the sink very often and become old/mouldy. Argh. Tile the walls or not????

hacked3.jpghacked4.jpg

Common bath on the left - wow it is really just a tiny square box. Gonna have to think of ways to make it look bigger. Master bath on the right - two irritating beams left behind; hope they can be hacked away.

hacked5.jpg

Our flooring protected by these canvas sheets :sport-smiley-004: Realise the curtain rod is also gone, yay. Happy. Can't wait for the whole house to be rid of the yellowish looking brown. And can't wait for the blue sheet on the door to be gone.. Gonna try peel it off again tomorrow!!

Agree, this kinda thing, better to do while you are renovating. If you feel like next time need to tile, it will be so troublesome cuz furniture all in already. Also, can ask your contractor/ID to help you with the blue sticker?

Been a while since I was here!

balconydoor.jpg

Our itchy hands last week - we peeled part of the film on the door till we couldn't anymore, it's SUPER sticky. Our contractor/ID said he will get someone in to remove it for us! Yay. :dancingqueen: :dancingqueen:

Tiles of our bathrooms and kitchen have arrived. After going through soooo many different tiles, I've decided that I like:

1. Long tiles

2. Irregular, non repeated patterns

3. Tiles with running tones

commonbathtiles.jpg

This is the common bath's. The rocky tiles will be our shower feature wall. Super love the irregularity of the floor tiles. Wish I could find more of these, but the selection's done - hopefully no regrets!

masterbathtiles.jpg

And this is the master bath's. There's one missing wood lookalike tile that's not pictured. Think our ID went to pick them up after. The slate tiles are to be laid on one entire wall - our main feature wall in the bathroom - our long vanity top will be placed there. The (missing) wood tiles will be the floor of our shower area. We're trying to keep our bathrooms bright with light coloured choices for wall tiles! Hope it works!

kitchen.jpg

Forgot to take pics for our kitchen and yard tiles, it's a grey tile that looks somewhat like the colour of the cement on the ground. The kitchen is in massive destruction, I'm not sure if I can see the light at the end of the tunnel... :wacko: Part of the kitchen base is hacked to make way for the dishwasher, the walls will be screeded and plastered over, and the floor tiles will be overlaid.

concealedwc.jpg

The concealed wc structure that's half hacked. We finally decided to go for non concealed so the remaining will be hacked away. Our ficklemindedness is killing my ID (I think, although he doesn't say anything hahaha). I was pondering over this for the longest time - concealed or non concealed. R was like.. "Eh.. the WC is the least of my concerns. Can use can alrdy." Hahaha. I guess females (or only me?) tend to think too much. But still, renovation and building a home is mighty fun!

Thanks for commenting juxstapose & mishmish :lol: We discussed with our ID - the wall near the sink that's most susceptible to water contact - it'll be solidsurface-d seamlessly with the kitchen counter top.

Not sure how it's going to look like, but we're gonna go along with it!

Better to tile if staying long term.

Agree, this kinda thing, better to do while you are renovating. If you feel like next time need to tile, it will be so troublesome cuz furniture all in already. Also, can ask your contractor/ID to help you with the blue sticker?

Ahhh I love slate tiles! If we didn't get lava stone we would have gone with slate! So gorgeous and natural. Your bathroom looks like its gonna be lovely from the choice of tiles.

Good that your ID is helping with the sticker removal. After all they are the professionals.

Happy news! Our grohe stuff we ordered from insani arrived. We ordered on 13th May, they shipped out on 17th May, and we received them yesterday - 22nd May! It was faster than we expected. We only chose items that were in stock/immediately available on their site. The box was insanely heavy.. And the packaging was kinda shabby for some items. But finally, our ID can get his plumber to finalize our bathroom shower area layout! :D

grohe.jpg

Hi your balcony is huge is it a condo or landed ?as i dont think there is any hdb with that bacony.may i know where is it n how much u bought it for thanks.

Yay, our tiling is completed. Actually it was completed a week ago. We were lazy to update. Hehe

CBath.jpg

Common Bath's

MBRBath.jpg

Master Bath's.

Prefer the colour scheme of the common bath's. Hopefully some orangey downlights can enhance the greyish tone.

They made the kerb for shower area and decided on the alignment of the tiles without us asking for it. So awesome since we're total newbies.

They also extended the bathroom tiles out to the MBR slightly so that the parquet flooring will not be damaged by water.

Really appreciate these tiny things they do that us laymen will not have any idea about.

The kitchen is also tiled up now but currently protected with canvas sheets... no pics.

TB.jpg

Like everyone else, we're trapped into the world of Taobao. Hahaha.

Our first shipment arrived, a massive order of LED downlights, pendant lamps, basins, doggy items (ahahhaha), chairs and rugs.

Also realized their so called wooden crate packaging isn't really useful, it's the styrofoam that protects the stuff during shipment.

Our reno has also come to a standstill because we're pending the opennet installation, it has to be done before the false ceiling.

Electrical wirings have also already been carried out.

Countdown..

We're left with false ceiling, painting, carpentry and lights/sanitary installation.

Carpenter will take measurements once false ceiling is up! Yay!!

Yay, our tiling is completed. Actually it was completed a week ago. We were lazy to update. Hehe

CBath.jpg

Common Bath's

MBRBath.jpg

Master Bath's.

Prefer the colour scheme of the common bath's. Hopefully some orangey downlights can enhance the greyish tone.

They made the kerb for shower area and decided on the alignment of the tiles without us asking for it. So awesome since we're total newbies.

They also extended the bathroom tiles out to the MBR slightly so that the parquet flooring will not be damaged by water.

Really appreciate these tiny things they do that us laymen will not have any idea about.

The kitchen is also tiled up now but currently protected with canvas sheets... no pics.

TB.jpg

Like everyone else, we're trapped into the world of Taobao. Hahaha.

Our first shipment arrived, a massive order of LED downlights, pendant lamps, basins, doggy items (ahahhaha), chairs and rugs.

Also realized their so called wooden crate packaging isn't really useful, it's the styrofoam that protects the stuff during shipment.

Our reno has also come to a standstill because we're pending the opennet installation, it has to be done before the false ceiling.

Electrical wirings have also already been carried out.

Countdown..

We're left with false ceiling, painting, carpentry and lights/sanitary installation.

Carpenter will take measurements once false ceiling is up! Yay!!

Wow! I guess you must have ordered a lot of Taobao items! Just the first shipment and there's so many items listed. Hahaha...

Post more pics on your Taobao loots. :)