Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
AhTeo

Kitchen Back Splash - Stainless Steel, T-Glass Or Mosaic Tiles?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Steel, aluminum and copper tiles make dramatic, high impact kitchen backsplashes. They're also easy to install, last forever and don't require any grouting.

Glass backsplash is chic but unless you like to do cleaning, you need to wipe it squeaky clean even after steaming something let alone stir frying or deep frying. The steam will carry the oil and stain the glass (or even stainless steel). Just imagine how the oil will splash every after frying a plate of green vegetables, fish or a piece of steak. If you notice how dirty glass wall screens and windows or even big mirrors, you will know what I mean.

Super for aesthetic reason, but cleaning is a pain.

• Like 1

1) Glass - oil/water stains can easily be removed with detergent followed by another wipe through. The glass uniformly shines again.

2) Stainless steel - oil/water stains can be removed but not easy to achieve the uniform metal shine throughout the entire backsplash without putting in serious effort.

3) Mosaic tiles - The tiles are easy to maintain but not the grout lines. Easily the option that requires most maintenance over the years due to the grout.

• Like 1

Back splash tiles behind gas hob done more than 15 years ago. This is a typical kitchen used by grannies for all sorts of cooking plus weekend dinner for children and grandchildren. Cleaning was done by grandpapa; domestic helper took over five years ago. Indeed the grease trapped at the edges were difficult to get rid of. The grout lines seems acceptable after 1.5 decades.

gallery_71961_7_16696.jpg

Edited by PrettyUgly

Indeed it is very well maintained after 15yrs! However, I'm also comparing the frequency of maintenance. Example, glass can be cleaned even after a few cooking rounds without fear of hard to remove stains...same might go for stainless steel. Doubt that grout can take that. Scrub too hard and it might also wear off. Speaking from personal experience...

Hello.

I just completed the renovation of my kitchen.

Initially was not thinking to install the backsplash tempered glass until my mother in law complaining difficult to clean up after cooking.

IMG-20161030-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20161030-WA0007.jpg

Hope you guys can help to provide market price for backsplash tempered glass ($ per sqf)?

Would appreciate if u have some recommended contacts to be shared.

Edited by jimmyykc