Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
AhTeo

Kitchen Back Splash - Stainless Steel, T-Glass Or Mosaic Tiles?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

solid surface would be the best since it doesn't absorb much moisture( cleaner & more hygiene :good: ) and easy to maintain.

solid surface would be the best since it doesn't absorb much moisture( cleaner & more hygiene :good: ) and easy to maintain.

Can install solid surface on the wall????

:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

I have a stainless steel backsplash and it is very easy to maintain. For oil blotches and water marks, just use a stainless steel cleaner ( I use quickleen) and wipe in the direction of the grain. All the stains and blotches will be removed and it looks brand new again.

i think TS `meant the wall behind the kitchen top...

i have T-glass for my reno.

i have asked and from what i found out...

T-glass is current, nice glass wall with many colors options, easy to clean..with water or with glass cleaner but it is glass so could break if you hit it with hard items.

Stainless steel has a nice metallic looking wall, durable but i think someone mentioned scratches or something that makes me not even considered this

Mosaic Tiles or tiles was my first choice until the color that i want is not available.

I want a grey tiles wall with grey lines but cannot find any smooth grey wall tiles...so opt for T-glass instead.

the reason i want tiles is becos it's smooth so easy to clean and the lines will be dark colour so will not get stains or get yellow and i dont have to worry about it breaking or get scratch easily.

so TS, if you want tiles or mosaic, you cannot have white lines for the tiles...go for dark color lines..easier to maintain.

• Like 1

i have T-glass for my reno.

i have asked and from what i found out...

T-glass is current, nice glass wall with many colors options, easy to clean..with water or with glass cleaner but it is glass so could break if you hit it with hard items.

Stainless steel has a nice metallic looking wall, durable but i think someone mentioned scratches or something that makes me not even considered this

Mosaic Tiles or tiles was my first choice until the color that i want is not available.

I want a grey tiles wall with grey lines but cannot find any smooth grey wall tiles...so opt for T-glass instead.

the reason i want tiles is becos it's smooth so easy to clean and the lines will be dark colour so will not get stains or get yellow and i dont have to worry about it breaking or get scratch easily.

so TS, if you want tiles or mosaic, you cannot have white lines for the tiles...go for dark color lines..easier to maintain.

Thank you. I will most likely to go for tiles.

Has anyone experienced how hard it is to clean mosaic tiles? How does price compare to t-glass? And any nice photos to share?

I want to put something special in the kitchen, and at the moment have tempered glass. I thought of changing it to a red / green bright colour, but it seems to gawdy. Mosaic tiles sound nice, but I don't know if they are practical or economical. I would love to hear.

My first post :good:

I chose Tempered glass cos it would be easier to clean. Didn't want tiles and grout lines and I didn't like stainless steel.

My T-glass is blue. They spray painted it with the blue I wanted :good: so you can actually choose any colour you want from the paint guides. Or at least that's what they told me anyway...

You can try googling for T-glass images. I got my inspiration from there

T-glass backsplash I took the photos on the day it was installed (you can still see the masking tape)

gallery_56126_119_68672.jpg

gallery_56126_119_449.jpg

Edited by oldboy