Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ChinSer

Project: 1St Home @ Tpy

Hi ChinSer,

Just curious, is the sink/basin and cooker hob seperated by some partition ?

you mean that square thing in btw the two? yup its a pillar (suspect main pillar) so we cant hack it. looks kinda out of place?

hence to get more counter space, there is going to be a counter top jutting out from the pillar.

the design of the 4-rm, is a tad odd with alot of uneven walls and pillars/beams, which isnt that common. I havent seen it as much in flats of friends and families.

Edited by ChinSer

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Have you taken the pipes (especially those in the kitchen / Service Yard) into consideration already?

heya! have kept the positioning of items in the kitchen to be the same as it is currently to save costs on rewiring. but other than that havent thought much of the pipes. Is there something I should take note of?

Congrats and Goodluck on your new journey!

tq! .. saw ur t-blog all the best for yours and the wedding! btw *hearts* your mood pics and the natural light in ur house!

Hi ChinSer, congrats on ur flat & welcome to TPY!! Though i not a TPYian, close enof.. in fact part of TPY - Lor 8 - is in my estate too.. now u know where hor? Hee hee! :)

And welcome to RT too! Njoy ur reno journey. Looking forward to following ur progress! :yamseng:

Hi ChinSer, congrats on your new place. Wonderful location, TPY is so convenient no matter where you are going I feel :P do keep us update on your reno cheers :good:

you mean that square thing in btw the two? yup its a pillar (suspect main pillar) so we cant hack it. looks kinda out of place?

hence to get more counter space, there is going to be a counter top jutting out from the pillar.

the design of the 4-rm, is a tad odd with alot of uneven walls and pillars/beams, which isnt that common. I havent seen it as much in flats of friends and families.

Hi,

Just my two cents worth, it might be a hassle in future ? You might need easy and fast access between cooker and sink. A.k.a Work triangle.

You'll need to make a detour when washing dishes. And you might need quick and easy access to water when u cook. Unless you can be sure that your partner will be at the other side to pass / receive.

Sorry if I sounded very blunt, but I personally find that this is not a practical layout. You may think that it's easy to live with this inconvenience, but in the long run it might be frustrating.

And Ketua is right. There could be issues in routing of pipes to the service yard.

Sorry once again.

Edited by macuser77

I also faced with the same issue. The wall between the service yard and the kitchen was hacked but the pillar stands in the way and as a result, we could not achieve the full flush of the kitchen flooring as planned... :(

Hi,

Just my two cents worth, it might be a hassle in future ? You might need easy and fast access between cooker and sink. A.k.a Work triangle.

You'll need to make a detour when washing dishes. And you might need quick and easy access to water when u cook. Unless you can be sure that your partner will be at the other side to pass / receive.

Sorry if I sounded very blunt, but I personally find that this is not a practical layout. You may think that it's easy to live with this inconvenience, but in the long run it might be frustrating.

And Ketua is right. There could be issues in routing of pipes to the service yard.

Sorry once again.

no offense taken =) thats the point of renotalk haha to get more views! happy to hear your views!

the issue of piping shld be alright coz the basin/cooker is in that current position now.

Actually the ID's intial plan was to have the basin and the cooker on the other side , basin where the w/m is and cooker where the fridge was. The tall cabinet/fridge and w/m would position would then be on the other side. The issue was due to cost, we would have to redo all gas and pipes. Not to say we have a firm quote yet (hoping to get one after the 3Ds are out) so if $$ wise it works out would that be a better solution?

alt just scrap the counter top. Seeking opinions hee, quite flex now coz ID/contractors are seperate. thx thx! =)

Edited by ChinSer

I also faced with the same issue. The wall between the service yard and the kitchen was hacked but the pillar stands in the way and as a result, we could not achieve the full flush of the kitchen flooring as planned... :(

quite the annoyance right!! :dunno: didnt know there was a wall before until contractor told us.

MHB what do mean by full flush ? sorry abit blur not familar with all the terms yet. =(

Edited by ChinSer

Hi ChinSer, congrats on your new place. Wonderful location, TPY is so convenient no matter where you are going I feel :P do keep us update on your reno cheers :good:

thx Easter ! heh hoping to get use to it. have been an eastie my life

I think that counter top is good, work space where people can crowd around

heh thinking twice abt it now.. maybe wait for the 3D to come out first

Hi ChinSer, congrats on ur flat & welcome to TPY!! Though i not a TPYian, close enof.. in fact part of TPY - Lor 8 - is in my estate too.. now u know where hor? Hee hee! :)

And welcome to RT too! Njoy ur reno journey. Looking forward to following ur progress! :yamseng:

YES I KNOW where!!!! i always go there. my in laws live there.. =) omg which blk!

pardon the bad lighting . This was taken in haste, and I'll update once I get the keys .. hee

The current kitchen. =)

kitchenpu.jpg

YES I KNOW where!!!! i always go there. my in laws live there.. =) omg which blk!

Blk 145, with Indian temple right in front but my unit on the other end away from temple.. heng! Haha! :lol:

Near ur in-laws bo? :)

pardon the bad lighting . This was taken in haste, and I'll update once I get the keys .. hee

The current kitchen. =)

kitchenpu.jpg

The hse looks like in very gd condition & is so well-kept!!

Which part of TPY is urs? From the flrpln looks new leh. Cos old units common bathrm usually at kitchen de not in the living hall like condo,,, Nice! :thumbs up:

Edited by jus4fun

The current kitchen. =)

kitchenpu.jpg

yea i agree it looks well-kept, nice warm lighting... just that the window view doesn't look too good!

if you are going to renovate this i will be having high expectation for you!!

good luck! :good:

what style are you looking towards? i think in older HDB very hard to get something very cool/special right?? coz all the houses around you will be old and a "cool" house will be difficult to fit in. what do you think? haha :D