Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
calaislily

Additional Seller Stamp Duty (Pte Residential)

We are keen to purchase a newly launched project but would like to understand more about seller stamp duty just in case we need to sell the property off earlier than expected.

We understand that there is a 4% seller stamp duty to be paid for occupation of a minimum of 4 years. The percentage goes up if the occupation period is lesser.

We would like to know when does the occupation period actually start -- is it when the option to purchase is exercised or when the keys to apartment are collected? I think it's the latter but I'm not sure. Appreciate if someone could enlighten.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

We are keen to purchase a newly launched project but would like to understand more about seller stamp duty just in case we need to sell the property off earlier than expected.

We understand that there is a 4% seller stamp duty to be paid for occupation of a minimum of 4 years. The percentage goes up if the occupation period is lesser.

We would like to know when does the occupation period actually start -- is it when the option to purchase is exercised or when the keys to apartment are collected? I think it's the latter but I'm not sure. Appreciate if someone could enlighten.

if I not wrong

within 1 year of ownership - 16%

1year 1 day - 2 year - 12%

2year 1day - 3 year- 8%

3 year 1 day - 4 year 4%

For Private Residential Property, the occupation period start from the day the Sale & Purchase agreement is signed.

Paying the stamp duty is the responsibility of the buyer - you are buying the house, the vendor is selling it - the buyer pays the vendor money, not the other way around.

TS is talking about additional seller stamp duty.

You are talking about the normal stamp duty.

Apple to orange