Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
snowy89

Is My Renovation Quote Reasonable?

A Demolition Works
Common Bathroom Area
1 Labour to dismantle existing sink @ common bathroom area. $ 80.00
Bedroom 2 Area
1 Labour to dismantle existing door & door frame @ bedroom 2 entrance area. $ 120.00
2 Labour to hack existing (est L13.5ft) half ht wall @ bedroom 2 area.(Excluding P.E. endorsement) $ 945.00
Master Bedroom Area
1 Labour to dismantle existing door & door frame @ master bedroom entrance area. $ 120.00
Master Bathroom Area
1 Labour to dismantle existing sink @ master bathroom area. $ 80.00
Carpentry Works
B Foyer/Dining/Living Area
1 To design & install (est L2ft) low ht settee c/w flip up storage using solid-ply laminate with internal polygen finishing @
foyer area.
$ 360.00
2 To design & install (est L5ft) full ht casement door shoe cabinet using solid-ply laminate with internal polygen finishing @
foyer area.
$ 1,600.00
3 To design & install (est L2ft) full ht tinted mirror @ settee area. $ 380.00
4 To design & install (est L8ft) full ht tinted mirror @ dining area. $ 1,550.00
5 To design & install (est L2400mm x H1500mm) half ht TV feature wall using solid-ply wood with craft stone finishing @
living area.
$ 1,980.00
6 To design & install (est L7ft) suspended TV console c/w flip down doors using solid-ply laminate with internal polygen
finishing @ living area.
$ 1,260.00
7 To design & install (est L7.5ft) full ht feature wall c/w 1 no of tic-tac door (MDF Board) using solid-ply laminate finishing @
bomb shelter area.
$ 2,280.00
C Kitchen/Service Yard Area
1 To supply & construct (est L14.5ft) concrete kitchen cabinet base c/w tiles finishing @ kitchen area. $ 450.00
2 To design & install (est L29ft) top & bottom cabinet using solid-ply laminate with internal polygen finishing @ kitchen
area.
$ 5,220.00
* Blum anti-slam drawer runner tracks (For 3 nos of drawers) FOC
* Blum anti-slam hinges (For all casement doors) FOC
* Blum HK anti-slam overlift system (1 no) FOC
* Stainless steel dish drainer(1 no) FOC
* Installation (only) for hood & hob FOC
3 To design & install (est L2ft) full ht tall larder using solid-ply laminate with internal polygen finishing @ kitchen area. $ 800.00
4 To supply & install (est L13.5ft) selected granite surface top @ bottom kitchen cabinet area.(20 mm profile) $ 1,620.00
5 To supply & install (est L13ft) spray paint glass backing @ between top & bottom kitchen cabinet recess wall area. $ 1,040.00
6 To supply & install 1 no of (10 mm) tempered clear glass swing door @ kitchen entrance area. $ 700.00
D Common Bathroom Area
1 To supply & construct 1 no of shower kerb c/w tiles finishing @ common bathroom area. $ 150.00
2 To supply & install 1 no of (10 mm) tempered clear glass fixed panel @ common bathroom shower area. $ 350.00
E Bedroom 2/Master Bedroom Area
1 To patch & make good to all damaged areas after hacking @ between bedroom 2 and master bedroom area. $ 650.00
2 To supply & extend full ht false wall using plaster board partition finishing @ bedroom 2 area. $ 350.00
3 To design & install (est L11ft) full ht sliding door wardrobe/player compartment using solid-ply laminate with internal
polygen finishing @ bedroom 2 area.(2-sided finishing)
$ 4,365.00
4 To design & install (est L10.5ft) half ht study desk/dresser table c/w drawer units using solid-ply laminate with internal
polygen finishing @ bedroom 2 area.
$ 1,890.00
5 To design & install (est L6ft) half ht casement door storage cabinet using solid-ply laminate with internal polygen finishing
@ bedroom 2 area.
$ 1,080.00
6 To supply & install 1 no of solid wooden door frame @ master bedroom new entrance area. $ 120.00
7 To supply & install 1 no of solid wooden veneer door c/w handle @ master bedroom new entrance area. $ 450.00
F Master Bathroom Area
1 To supply & construct 1 no of shower kerb c/w tiles finishing @ master bathroom area. $ 150.00
2 To design & install (est L2.5ft) suspended casement door vanity cabinet using solid-ply laminate with internal polygen
finishing @ master bathroom area.
$ 400.00
3 To supply & install (est L2.5ft) selected granite surface top @ vanity cabinet top area. $ 300.00
4 To design & install (est L2.5ft) half ht clear mirror @ master bathroom area.(Max H1200mm) $ 280.00
5 To supply & install 1 no (10 mm) tempered clear glass fixed panel @ master bathroom shower area. $ 350.00
6 To supply & install 1 no (10 mm) tempered clear glass swing door @ master bathroom shower area.($500) $ 500.00
7 To supply & lay selected pebble wash flooring @ master bathroom area.($1200) K.I.V
G Ceiling & Painting Works
1 To design & install false ceiling c/w recess cove lighting effect using plaster board partition finishing @ foyer/dining/living
area.
$ 2,500.00
2 To supply & paint whole house walls,ceilings,pipings & door/door frames using ICI/NIPPON paint.(Vinilex 5000) $ 1,800.00
H Plumbing Works
1 To install 1 no of kitchen sink.(Sink fittings provided by owner) $ 150.00
2 To install 2 nos of storage heater.(Storage heater provided by owner) $ 380.00
3 To install sink & bathroom accessories @ common bathroom area.(Fittings provided by owner) $ 200.00
4 To install sink & bathroom accessories @ master bathroom area.(Fittings provided by owner) $ 200.00
I Miscellaneous Works
1 To supply & lay corrugated protection paper @ all working areas.($400) K.I.V
2 Labour to provide general cleaning & washing. $ 400.00
3 Labour to provide haulage and clearing of debris / Uploading and downloading of materials.($500) K.I.V
J Professional services
1 Design Consultation
2 Space Planning
3 3D Perspective & Detail Drawings
4 Material & Colour Proposal
5 Project Management
6 Site Supervision
Sub-Total: $ 1,000.00

This is the quote (total ~38k after discount) given to me. They are willing to give a 3k+ discount after negotiation. But is it too high for a 4 room 90sq renovation?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

This is the quote (total ~38k after discount) given to me. They are willing to give a 3k+ discount after negotiation. But is it too high for a 4 room 90sq renovation?

i feel is cheap coz you have granite and blum soft closing for your kitchen cabinets. we went those not high end IDs no blum no granite also ard 37k with no discount.

Edited by lucky huat huat

Hi snowy89,

As an ID myself I feel the quotation was given to you is really high. I calculate that most of the works that quoted to you was raised up to 45% of profit margin. I can do way better than them I guess with all the same quality.

Shan
[remove - signature - advertising]