Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tobehappy

Hope To Live Happily...

Oh yes, I got some blinds and curtains too. Went to the curtain shop in Thomson Plaza. They quoted the pvc blackout roller blind the same price as a certain Mr C that is really popular in this forum. I was lazy to look for more, so just settled with them. Actually, I went to HM some time earlier, but the quotes are quite high. In any case, I got the pvc timber strips for my living room and pvc roller blinds for 2 bedrooms. Full length day and night curtains for master bedroom. So many windows in my new home - 15 panes excluding the 5 in the kitchen!

I tried to call Mr C, First sms, reply came really fast, 2nd sms, reply was like 20 min later, 3rd sms, reply came after 4 days! Argh... no energy and time for that, so did not contact him anymore!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

The ID/contractor/consultant/whatever-he-is-called is recommended by my colleague. He's the boss of his company, I think. That's what my colleague told me. I had asked him if he would take on small jobs and he said "why not"? Some would scoff at small jobs and ignore the request. Well, he was nice about it and gave me some opinions for the works that I am hoping to do. I have already paid a deposit and hopefully, the works would start next monday. He said it would take 10 days to complete. Crossing fingers...

I got my keys on 6 August 2013. It's interesting that the more I sat in the house looking at what to do, the more I don't feel like doing anything! Initially, wanted to hack floor, hack wall, hack 2 toilets into 1. Now, don't even need to apply for a reno permit!

Perhaps, just tired and didn't want to go through the whole renovation journey again. Oversaw one 3 years ago.

Oh yes, I got some blinds and curtains too. Went to the curtain shop in Thomson Plaza. They quoted the pvc blackout roller blind the same price as a certain Mr C that is really popular in this forum. I was lazy to look for more, so just settled with them. Actually, I went to HM some time earlier, but the quotes are quite high. In any case, I got the pvc timber strips for my living room and pvc roller blinds for 2 bedrooms. Full length day and night curtains for master bedroom. So many windows in my new home - 15 panes excluding the 5 in the kitchen!

I tried to call Mr C, First sms, reply came really fast, 2nd sms, reply was like 20 min later, 3rd sms, reply came after 4 days! Argh... no energy and time for that, so did not contact him anymore!

Hi tobehappy!

We approached HM too ! Don't know how expensive they are as compared to the rest, but we are happy with the installation and all. They were very neat and tidy in their installation process.

Hi tobehappy!

We approached HM too ! Don't know how expensive they are as compared to the rest, but we are happy with the installation and all. They were very neat and tidy in their installation process.

Hi,

I too have used HM before. And I agree. Overall, I must say that the experience was pleasant even though I made changes and downsized my order. However, since my windows are much bigger now, the cost incurred would be quite significant, I guess, when comparing per square foot prices for similar material and blind types.

One of the IDs asked me what theme I would like for the house. I couldn't reply. I had absolutely no idea. I think as long as nice, clean and easy to maintain, any theme also can, but... I must think about it seriously. Just that, with so many things going on, this theme thing does not occupy any part of my head at all!!!:unsure:

I am the same on that too. People been asking me what theme I have in mind, and I would either tell them i have no idea, or if it was some close friends I will tell them I want a Hello Kitty theme with pink walls.... jokingly of coz. :P

I got my keys on 6 August 2013. It's interesting that the more I sat in the house looking at what to do, the more I don't feel like doing anything! Initially, wanted to hack floor, hack wall, hack 2 toilets into 1. Now, don't even need to apply for a reno permit!

Perhaps, just tired and didn't want to go through the whole renovation journey again. Oversaw one 3 years ago.

I am different on this part though. Initially I did not want to hack the wall, the laminated floor, this and that, in hope to save some cost. The more I stay in my unit, the more I want to do. Hack wall, hack floor, hack hack hack!!

Going to be costly.

I am different on this part though. Initially I did not want to hack the wall, the laminated floor, this and that, in hope to save some cost. The more I stay in my unit, the more I want to do. Hack wall, hack floor, hack hack hack!!

Going to be costly.

I am the same on that too. People been asking me what theme I have in mind, and I would either tell them i have no idea, or if it was some close friends I will tell them I want a Hello Kitty theme with pink walls.... jokingly of coz. :P

Until now, I still do not know what theme to adopt. Should focus on the flooring for inspiration I think! But wah, if brave enough, I don't mind a HK theme! :D I also wished to hack hack and hack, but now need to cut cost, so if can save, save lor!

Going to put blinds like this in the living room. Not sure what type of look or style or theme will result. Maybe someone could tell me.

white_with_black_tapes_5.jpg

Dining table and chair x 4

DSC_0251.jpg

And 1 chair near the main door. Or I should just put this in my room.

DSC_0253.jpg

Edited by tobehappy