Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pills

Furniture Warranty

Usually how long will company give you time to exchange or return?

Do pieces come with warranty too like sofas and beds?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

pills... l can share what i found these days. mainly online store.

i been researching a lot. i think i am one of the lucky ones. i buy i never really have to exchange or return. btu after reading so much online. its good to ask. i ever had an experience from scanteak, they only give store credits but still ok, can buy tick tick tock tock things. many ppl have also talk about it in this forum. i remember 1 say the delivery haven't make, cannot exchange color but finally give in. 1 say can only refund store credit even though is no stock availability.

problem is when u walk inside a store, you never think of refund or return policy. wrong mentality i think. the following is the ones i know have free returns. i need furniture gives, but reshaping like never open for business anymore. beds also give and i ever google and the ceo is responsive to the forum and ppl complaints. although its many years ago, shows so credibility there. there's a new furniture online store just enjoy life, some more on the spot return if you like

warranty should ask. by lemon law by right u r protected 6 months against manufacturer defect. if they say no. i think the seller not supportive of lemon law, and will be difficult to claim against or fight them. i read a thread on leather goods just recent one, they can give 4-5 years warranty on the leather. but i can imagine its expensive. really good tanneries type.

Edited by tailgas

pills, I think it depends on the company you are buying from. Some companies have "This item is final sale and not eligible for return" policy for smaller pieces. Just ask before you buy. When I walk around at furniture expo, they will always give some form of warranty. It just depends on how long.

The companies that tailgas mentioned are online stores like ineedfurniture, beds.sg, justenjoylife.com.. I think online stores operate quite differently? But all the more they should give warranty because you can't even see what you bought.

Also, warranty doesn't necessarily mean you get covered if you damaged it yourself. If it's due to customers' fault, customers still cannot exchange or refund.

Yes. Seems like all shops are pretty evasive when asked. When I pressed further. They say will give store credits.

It's not the first thing that comes to mind when shopping for furniture but it's oh so important.

Usually how long will company give you time to exchange or return?

Do pieces come with warranty too like sofas and beds?

hi pills,

the warranty is as good as when the company stays in existence. like Sense Art Sofa, what good is their 5-year warranty when they went bust even before they celebrate their first anniversary upon inception? :dunno: just a sales gimmick.

maybe it is better to buy from more reputable firms even if they do not offer such long warranties.

Yeah ... Sense art saga must have thought everyone a "lesson"... There's some progress but he ordeal still tiring enough.... So actually, there's risk everywhere but better for company who are upfron than hide hide.. Like FCC also which is a shock to me...

My sister go New York skin solutions in the end also end up in case and many there against New York... Worst still New York attitude yaya papaya...

Yeah, I guess I rather pay a bit more to reduce my headache.

So far, I'v brought from:

-Franc Franc

-Journey East

-Commune

-Vhive (delivered)

-Tempur

-Fantasy Sleep Centre

Service seem quite good and the last 2 stores even remember me when I call to change delivery timing.