Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tangie

Tangie's - 3 Room Reno Journey

My BTO is taking longer than the usual. The other BTO which was launch in the same month had already gotten their keys to their new nest and here I am, still waiting...

Applied for the BTO in early 2010 and as of Jul 2013, there's still no news from HDB yet.
I take it as HDB is giving us more time to save up for the reno.

We are currently at the ID/Contractor hunting stage, have met up with a few ID but still unable to decide on one yet. Shall continue to explore...
  1. I**** House
    Came to know about ID (S***) through friend's recommendation, reviews of I**** House was also quite positive in renotalk. He was the first ID we met up with, had the temptation to just sign up with him but the quotation was out of our budget and he also took quite long to send us the quotation and revised quotation (despite pointing out the error during the meeting, the revised quote is still not amended).
  2. D' P*** Studio Pte Ltd

Hubby went ID hunting and walk in to this place. J**** who attended to him was very detailed. Hubby went site visiting and likes his work and sent me a few photos. His quote was slightly above our budget but I don't really like his work.

3. Dec****** Design
    This is also walk in. It was a lady who attended Hubby. I would say she is very attentive and detailed, she did imagine herself staying in the layout she/we proposed and tells us pros and cons which others did not. Quotation slight above our budget and we proceed with the site visiting of her colleague. Carpentry work looks good but tiling is below my expectation.

4. Mr K
    After reading all the good reviews of Mr K, we decided to request for a quotation from him. Understand that his quote might be on the higher end but quality seems to be assured. We are still pending for a quotation from him. Hopefully it's within our budget.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Tangie, congrats on ur BTO flat & welcome to RT & the 3-roomers' club (if I didn't understand ur title wrongly) :)

Have not come across many new 3-room BTOs here.. can't wait to see ur floorplan & following ur reno journey! :D

Njoy ur reno journey! Cheers! :yamseng:

Hi jus4fun, thks for the warm welcome. Yes, you are right. Im joining the 3 roomers' club.

Indeed there are really few 3room BTO in renotalk. Wanted to get some ideas for 3 room space planning and design but there are so little info available.

Decided to start a topic, hoping to get some valuable input from the pros here..

welcome!

for bto, ur kitchen will definitely be a challenge! :jawdrop:

everything must be small small and yet big enough to serve its purpose! :help:

many beautiful furniture are very big size :wacko::(

Yeayness!! Finally a 3room bto.. Not many here in renotalk.. Most of them start a blog then stop halfway.. Hope u'll update urs till the very end.. :)

Edd, It's definitely very challenging. This little 3 room flat has to fit a family of 4 (with 2 very young kids).

Co-sleeping in the MBR with us till they are ready to be on their own. Cracking our brain to have a layout to fit the 4 of us and at e same time have a wardrobe big enuff for me.

My BTO is taking longer than the usual. The other BTO which was launch in the same month had already gotten their keys to their new nest and here I am, still waiting...

Applied for the BTO in early 2010 and as of Jul 2013, there's still no news from HDB yet.

I take it as HDB is giving us more time to save up for the reno.

We are currently at the ID/Contractor hunting stage, have met up with a few ID but still unable to decide on one yet. Shall continue to explore...

1. I**** House

Came to know about ID (S***) through friend's recommendation, reviews of I**** House was also quite positive in renotalk. He was the first ID we met up with, had the temptation to just sign up with him but the quotation was out of our budget and he also took quite long to send us the quotation and revised quotation (despite pointing out the error during the meeting, the revised quote is still not amended).

2. D' P*** Studio Pte Ltd

Hubby went ID hunting and walk in to this place. J**** who attended to him was very detailed. Hubby went site visiting and likes his work and sent me a few photos. His quote was slightly above our budget but I don't really like his work.

3. Dec****** Design

This is also walk in. It was a lady who attended Hubby. I would say she is very attentive and detailed, she did imagine herself staying in the layout she/we proposed and tells us pros and cons which others did not. Quotation slight above our budget and we proceed with the site visiting of her colleague. Carpentry work looks good but tiling is below my expectation.

4. Mr K

After reading all the good reviews of Mr K, we decided to request for a quotation from him. Understand that his quote might be on the higher end but quality seems to be assured. We are still pending for a quotation from him. Hopefully it's within our budget.

***Update***

PCD on HDB website has been updated to September 2013! We will be getting our keys in a few months time!

We agreed to confirm an ID/contractor asap, to have more time (est 3 months) to choose our tiles and etc.

Met up with Mr K last Saturday (20/07) for site visiting. We visited 2 houses in Punggol, very nicely done up but also noticed that most of the houses done by him have repetitive design, one example is the colour combination (most probably they have the same style/theme).

Received a revised quotation yesterday (22/07), very fast! The Mr has given the green light to proceed, in the mist of arranging for the 3rd meet up to confirm and we will be able to start choosing our tiles and laminates.

Congrats! Things are moving very fast!

Thanks!

Thanks again, for offering your house for viewing (Mr K did mentioned), but it's really very far to go from the northenmost portion of Singapore. :)

Looking forward to more photos of your house!

Thanks!

Thanks again, for offering your house for viewing (Mr K did mentioned), but it's really very far to go from the northenmost portion of Singapore. :)

Haha it is indeed very far...

Thanks!

Haha it is indeed very far...

congrats tangie,

u have started on ur own reno blog...wishing u a smooth sailing reno =)